1. Enact the Maximum Individual Wealth Act (MIWA) that sets a limit of $1 billion of gross global wealth for any American citizen or foreign national
who wishes to do business with or within the US or its territories.
2. Restore the House to its proper Constitutional size proportional to population, revoking the 1911 freeze. That freeze in size was in response to
the success of women's suffrage and rising minority participation: if the House grew as it should, it would have become far to expensive to
To manage the increase in size, three new chambers would be added to comprise a four-chamber House: A Business Chamber (the current House); a
Science/Engineering Chamber responsible for building standards, infrastructure development, mining, drilling, research, space development; a Social
Chamber responsible for health, housing, immigration, environment; a Coordinating Chamber responsible for maintaining clear communications between the
various Chambers and the public, coordination and mediation of legislation, origination of legislation that doesn't fall within the purview of the
To pass a bill it must first pass its originating chamber, then pass a vote of the complete House. To ensure quality legislation, each Representative
would be limited to introducing no more than four bills per year.
3. Establish a National E-Voting/Taxpaying System comprised of ubiquitous v/t centers that are strictly physically isolated from any other network
with open-source software, and a death penalty for attempted tampering. Each state would have its own network with each county isolated from others,
connecting only to the state capitol, and the state capitol connected by a seperate network to the Federal one.
All county, state and federal budgets will be posted on these networks and each taxpayer shall have the right to allocate their money into the
programs they feel necessary and valuable. When that program's budget is filled, it drops from the list of potential a funding choices. Lazy or
honestly ignorant voters can allocate their taxes to the general fund which the politicians get to allocate.
4. Mandate a 28-hour work week as a full-time week, setting the minimum wage at that which is required for a citizen to fulfill his or her obligations
to society as mandated or punished by law in absence of fulfillment: participating in health insurance, vehicle insurance, housing, clothing, feeding,
etc so as not to require welfare if able-bodied.
5. Define any stock trade that results in holding the stock for less than two years and a day as gambling, not investing, taxing any profits derived
from such trades the same as any other casino winnings, and place a transaction tax on each trade.
6. As a birthright, endow each child born with a $500 Treasury Bond, with interest reinvested until their 25th birthday, a nest egg to start life
7. Mandate creation of a self-supporting Lunar colony of at least 1K population within ten years.
8. Grant myself a small remote estate with an endowment to run it for my lifetime.
edit on 19-2-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-2-2011 by apacheman because: add
edit on 19-2-2011 by apacheman because: sp