It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's YOUR Turn To Be The Dictator - What Would YOU Do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am probably opening a "Pandora's Box" here, but I thought for my first original post here it would be interesting to see what kind of dictator/president the people on ATS would make. I say "Dictator", only because I would want to get our do-nothing, log-jam of a congress and their partisan bickering out of the way.

You get to make up all the laws and rules for the country. Yours is the only opinion that matters and everyone has to abide by it. No congress to get in the way. No supreme court to over-turn your decrees. Whatever you say, goes.

Personally, here are MY laws .......

The presidency should be a 4 year, 24/7 job. No nights out on the town or multiple vacations at taxpayer expense. No huge entourage for taxpayers to pay for. No public appearances and no campaigning. No prancing all over the planet. No fancy dances, dinners, etc. Concentrate on the damn job.

Since it would be a dictatorship, there would be no need for a corrupt congress, along with all their bloated salaries, staff, aides, fat life-time pensions and health benefits, plane rides for them, their friends and their families, and all the other perks that WE pay for.

Lobbying would become a thing of the past.

Close ALL U.S. foreign military bases and bring ALL troops home to actually protect our borders and coasts, seaports, and airports, and to help out in national emergencies.

The military will become DEFENSIVE only. No more nation building or shoving democracy or our way of life down the throats of the rest of the world. We would lead the world by example.

No more foreign aid. You cannot give blood while you are bleeding to death yourself.

Crack down on immigration. The United States is looked at as a lifeboat by the poorer countries of the world, but a lifeboat can only hold so many people before it sinks. Once Americans are satisfactorily employed, THEN there can be foreign workers allowed LEGALLY in.

The country MUST become totally self-sufficient and not be dependent on what is going on in the rest of the world. This includes energy (oil and natural gas), agricultural, and manufacturing materials. All necessities MUST come from within the country as much as possible.

Open up all on-shore/off-shore oil and natural gas exploration and drilling.

Minimal government intrusion into personal and states rights. Main job of federal government should be defense of the country, maintaining law, and seeing that fair and just business practices are followed without collusion or price-fixing. The government should not be running people's lives and legislating away personal freedoms depending on what union or special interest group is paying off which politician.

No department of education. The states take over their own education systems and become private businesses. Schools should become similar to a business, to succeed or fail on their own merits.

I could care less if private companies want to be unionized, and if they want to give outrageous salaries and benefits to their workers and executives. But when they get themselves into financial trouble because of it, they will go out of business and will not get bailed out by the government. As a result of that, ANY public occupation that derives its income from the public in the way of mandatory taxes, police, fire, etc., CANNOT be unionized. The public will NOT be held financially hostage to union greed.

Healthcare companies can compete across state lines.

Major tort reform and limits for lawsuits of all kinds, not just medical.

No stock market. Companies are responsible for offering their own stocks for sale privately. Invest at your own risk. Do your research.

The public must become responsible for themselves and adopt personal accountability as a way of life. If you invest your money in a company, YOU are responsible for watching what happens. If you lose it all, you have no one to blame but yourself.

NO BAILOUTS FOR ANYONE!!!!!!

Major tax changes, adopt a flat income tax rate. EVERYONE PAYS! Whether you make $1,000 a year or $100,000,000 a year you both pay the same percentage, say 10%. No deductions. No loopholes. No getting out of it. It is taken out weekly so there is no need for April 15th. The IRS all but goes away.

NO BUSINESS TAXES for companies who can prove that all of their design, engineering, material procurement, and manufacturing is done in the United States. The owners and executives would just pay personal income taxes. If a business owner wants to take all his profits for himself as income, he will be taxed on them. If he reinvests them in his company and his workers, which will create more jobs, he is not taxed on them.

No publicly funded social programs. They will be privately funded by those willing to participate.

Social security is phased out. Anyone 40 or over has the option to either continue in the program to retirement or they can cash out and will be refunded the money they have had withheld plus the interest they would have accrued. People under 40 will be refunded the money which was withheld plus the interest they would have accrued. They will no longer have the deduction taken out of their income. People will become responsible for themselves and their own retirement.

Of course there would be additional tweaks and additions as they come up. This is just my list as I could think it up off of the top of my head.

Now, it’s your turn.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Push the BIG RED BUTTON.

I would create mandates for a greater degree of energy self-sufficiency, and clean-energy mandates, proper but reasonable environmental regulations. No bail-outs. Cut defense spending in half. Each state can handle its own education system. Reformed healthcare. Cut illegal immigration.I don't know enough about anything else. Then I;d steal billions of dollars, create a constitution and start some form of system that has certain democratic underpinnings, similar to the US. Then I would leave with my billions, put it in a Swiss bank account, then life happily ever after.

And a solid gold rocket car would be nice too.
edit on 19/2/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wouldn't be long before your dictatorship is taken out since you would have no ``secret police``...

Anyway, first thing I would do is make a list of all the CFR/Bilderberg/Club Of Rome/Committee of 300/Bohemian Grove/those linked with 911, top bankers, top Raytheon/Lockheed/Blackwater/oil corporations/EPA/Monsanto... anyway, a boatload of people who deserves to end their life in jail... and arrest them all.

Then take over all airwaves and broadcast the trials 24/7 on all channels. That would be the first order of business.

Then we shall see.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
disclosure! disclosure! disclosure!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If I was The Supreme Ruler In Chief, I firstly would not let myself be surrounded, intimidated by, and seduced by, moneyd corporatists, spook warhawks, et al. I would get the US nose out of the rest of the world, such as Afghanistan and Iraq of course, ***whatever it took*** to achieve that -quick- . I would have taken the bailout funds that Obama gave to the Banksters, and put it toward finding out how every citizen in the country could get free of the Utility monopalists, and thusly not have to worry about outages and bills. I would -nix- in a -second- with the one-fell-swoop stroke of a pen, Free Trade, and the current airline travel situation. I would not only mandate that airline travel return to pre-9-11 enjoyment, but all the way back to the days of the 'AirPlane!' Movie. (Blowup dolls in the cockpit and mayhem with nuns and guitars in the cabin.) And I'd tell eeryone who said, "Bbbbbut what about the terrorists?" I'd say, "What---terrorists? Look at how cheap I made it for you to fly. If it scares you,----- drive then." I'd ELIMINATE red light cameras and the Department Of Homeland Security.
Theres a bunch more stuff, but I got to think and evilly plot and plan deeply about those.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would enact the public service ,little brother data program. Where anyone drawing wages directly from the tax payer would be required to wear camera and mic and appropriate data backup. They would be required to gather ALL a/v data during their scheduled shift,when on public property ,minus SCHEDULED breaks, and all data would be uploaded immediately to Public accessible indexes and data bases. There would be severe fines and penalties for missing data ,barring technical difficulty of course.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
disclosure! disclosure! disclosure!

I needed a GOOD laugh thank you!

what I would do is make it a worker state everyone has value, no more class structure just everyone working together for the common good and enhancement of the society, every citizen must contribute to the betterment of the whole based on there vocational choices.and individual skills. everyone in service to everyone else that is the only road to utopia i see a kind of forced evolution cause to the anarchists and those who would rebel against such a system they can go live somewhere else where they don't have the luxuries we take for granted. maybe learn some gratitude and appreciation for what they have and maybe if were lucky grow as a species off of this planet and into the galactic scene........................

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Scarecrow

The first thing I would do is dismantle the entire government and hand my power back to the individual citizens of the nation.

No one should be able to use force against the innocent to make them do things they may disagree with.

edit on 19-2-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I couldn't do it. I would want everyone to be at peace and stop fighting, but they wouldn't, so I would find the quickest way to explode planet earth.

this is why no one should have absolute power, or any power over another human beings life, its unnatural. and it makes people CRAZY XD

that said if I could do one thing it would be to not just release the ufo files, i'd show it non stop on every tv station.
edit on 19-2-2011 by madscientistintraining because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
ban religion, free health care.
maybe
invade countries, and take all their money to support my growing empire, id nuke everyone to submission, create a one world govt. I'd be pretty fair as i have good values lol id take all the brilliant minds and discover the laws of the universe, ill supercharge nasa, no more bs its time to work. then id take the moon, then mars. and then...I WILL BE GOD.
edit on 19-2-2011 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I would most certainly abolish money, make a rule for casual sex fridays, umm beer would be cheap, rock and rap shows would be available free all the time

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Get very paranoid and have all my clocsest friends shot.

edit on 19-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

SnF
edit on 19-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh the nomral...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Legalize gambling, prostitution and pot then tax the hell out of all 3.

America would have a budget surplus in no time at all.

Seriosly though I think that the only reason all 3 are still against the law is that the Govt. has
not figured out a good way to tax them yet.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If I had absolute power or what I would want if someone else did?

Well I believe it is true absolute power corrupts absolutely and I am not so arrogant as to think I am any exception.

I would immediately establish a bunker palace to rule from with a core elite of highly trained guards which are compensated and rewarded more than anyone else as they are responsible for my life. Next I would take monies from most social programs and redirect it to healthcare and research for the ruling elites and military.

Once I have health and safety under control I would dictate that all actions that harm the earth be stopped regardless of hman suffering involved (Excepting of course mine and the elites comfort and security).

I would next get the best propaganda and marketing minds on earth and begin an intense campaign to ensure the people supported me, opposition would be dealt with with swift, secret, and lethal force.

Then I would build up my military and work my propaganda campaign to other countries. Hide spies and agents of subterfuge in every country and begin to destroy them from the inside by ruining their economies and making their leaders look foolish so that when my armies go marching in the people will rally behind my armies. I would set up puppet leaders.

Once the worlds resources were at my disposal my space exploration and science academies would go into full swing and I would begin colonizing space and vastly increasing the understanding of this world.

I would expect that with modern technology and the vast resources I pump into healthcare I would be near immortal, but after a thousand year rule I would begin to go truly insane and decide to eliminate all of humanity leaving behind a dead world and ghost cities throughout the solar system.

Maybe I shouldn't be given absolute power... Maybe nobody should.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I like some of your ideas so I'm just going to borrow them.

Adopt the current US constitution and add the following if need be:

No U.S. foreign military bases. Mandatory service to the government if you're unemployed in whatever capacity is required, military/civil service/etc.

Increase foreign aid through manpower and money.

Make it easier to become a US citizen. Make more people accountable to the IRS if they wish to work here.

All necessities MUST come from within the country as much as possible. Increase import taxes by 100% with no restrictions on exports.

Close all offshore oil drilling sites. Forbid the existence of oil refineries within 20 miles of any city. Take over every energy company in the country and make them accountable to the people of their respective states. Board members are now elected by popular regional vote.

Main job of federal government should be supporting the well being of its citizens, defense of the country, maintaining law, and seeing that fair and just laws are created and followed.

Expand the Department of Education. Be willing to be flexible in terms of what works and what doesn't, regardless of location.

Unionize every employee. Public and private sector alike. It will be a crime not to be in a union, unless you're a supervisor or in a managerial capacity.

Healthcare companies are now competing with government funded doctors and hospitals.

Limits on the maximum amount of money an individual can be awarded due to lawsuits.

Every year that there is a budgetary surplus, the money will be awarded equally to the public based on IRS records.

Major tax changes; the bottom 33% of earners will be given an equivalent of whatever is required to match the national average income for that year based on US Census Bureau data. The top 10% will be taxed 75% of their gross income regardless of source. The remainder will have an even 10% tax on all income. 50% tax on inheritance valued at more than $5 million or 1000% of the national average income, whichever is higher. Establish a national VAT.

1% corporate tax for companies who can prove that all of their engineering and manufacturing is done in the United States. If a business owner wants to take all his profits for himself as income, he will be taxed on them. 25% on those companies who can't prove the above.

Social security benefits are only given if your current retirement does not exceed the national average income.

Expand research development funds in the department of energy towards cleaner, renewable sources.

Establish a congress with representatives for every 100,000 people. (That would be 3,000 members in the house of representatives currently).

All non-violent criminals will never be incarcerated. All other criminals will be forced to pay all of their income as penalty for as long as a public jury will deem necessary and will subsequently be housed and fed if need be.

I would then abolish all political parties.

Write it all down for future generations to follow and then retire.

Edit to add: This was fun. Thanks.

edit on 19-2-2011 by links234 because: Extra stuffs

Edit 2: There are so many other things I want to list as I think more about it, space exploration and so on. Last edit, promise.
edit on 19-2-2011 by links234 because: So much stuff!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm too peaceful to be a dictator. I'd do what I can to eliminate evil, and convince other that we need to start fresh. not just the country but the entire world, or else everything will fail even faster. It's time for something new.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If I were the dictator I would :

1/ give politics back to the poeple in the form of a direct democracy,
everyone would have the oppertunity of starting or joining a political debate and making a final decision via
a secure one way voting platform.
2/ reform of the financial system, credits will be interest free,distributed by state banks, these would finance themselves through a one time commission, which will cover costs and credit default,if you are a good risk say 10% and if you are not up to 30%.
Investment banks would still be allowed, but they would finance themselves through investments gained only through legitimate business profits, inheritance or such,no more going to the fed to get yourself a very cheap loan and then risking it on the stock market or some other gambling ventures. a strict divide between lending to to establish a business,buy a home or car and getting a loan to take a gamble,stricly enforced.
3/ all products imported or manufactured locally would have to pass a strict enviromental test tu ensure
that we do not risk poisening ourselfs or the eviromemnt.
4/ public tenders would be absolutly transparent,manupulation in any form would be hugely fined and rewarded
with long term prison sentences of hard labour.
5/ Free media, no more media tycoons
6/ all drugs free, accompanied by a strong educational program.
7/ no more taxes other then sales tax.
8/ no monopolies of any kind
9/ practise your religion but do not get in my face about it,stricly enforced.
10/ no more deadly weapons for anyone,not even the army
11/ cheap medicare for all,when you go to the doctor,you sign a list of what they have done,no easy possibilities of fraud.
12/ clean air,clean water and love for all.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
First off I get rid of the banks and BS, keep the armed force in tact, everyone will be under martial law you want to eat you better know how to grow it, don;t like it so far than get the hell out!, everyone works for everything they have, you want hydro and water better know it works, want your # gone better know that works too, want busuness power greed than get the hell out!

Better know how your community works, want to use a tractor for farming better know how it works, gas oils.
want a better way to live than it figure it out. there are no mortages, need a house than you better know how to build one.there are no taxes, just resourses

It's called "force collaspe" Than learn how to rebuild the cock sucker, there's no money or trading "there just doing and getting it done" you be surprised how much kiss-ing people will come up with - keep it simple silly.
Energy goes in and energy is used.Your parents die you don't want there stuff than give it to someone who does

When people realize how much energy it takes to support themselves, they get real fracking intelligent real quick like. You to go to university than go to university, love teaching students at university to go teach, people can solve alot of there own problems by working as a community.

People need to get back to the basics of living, to figure out where the furture is, born into a world they know nothing about.
Get rid of the ignorances, teach about ignorances, are there better ways to do things than teach that,are there better ways to live than teach that. Half the stuff in society you can get rid of, and turn back into other resourses
At the ending of WW2 britian had 2% waste for the entire country, It is efficient use of resourses.

People are so relient on others energies, if there wasteful they will just get more, and unaware of where and how those resourses came to be.Another country threatens your country than you better know how to use a gun!
and your better to know how to make a gun and know how to make the ammo for it. When the whole as community figures it out the job will get done,energy goes in and energy is used

Don't want to work for it, get the hell out. I'll rename the country KISS.

edit on 19-2-2011 by CIGGSofWAR because: swear words

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Woohoo! I knew this day would come eventually!

Now...all those responsible for "American Idol" and those stupid reality
shows shall be put on a remote island producing crops for the rest of the
world but with no other interaction whatsoever....
Next....govt subsidized healthcare and raised standards and income
for teachers....
Gonna fantasize for a bit now....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join