It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Food Supply and Affordability are Seriously Threatened

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by joeraynor

You overestimate the abillities of about 75% of Americans with that statement. In reality, if everyone relied on game for their food, the obesity epidemic would be solved and a goodly share of Americans would either be vegetarians or starve thanks to their lack of outdoor skills and inabillity to be patient and silent long enough to bring home a carcass.

Considering man's rich history of relying on himself for feeding himself and his own, it is damn sad what mankind has become. Little difference between the domestic dog which would starve to death if his master stopped feeding him and left him locked in his yard and the average modern human who would also starve to death if his master stopped stocking those grocery shelves and building those drive through window fast food crap holes.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Even so, the numbers wouldn't support us.

The most plentiful game availible to hunt would be deer, doves, squirrels, ducks, and geese.

And there are only around 20 million deer in the US. That is 1 deer per 15 people...

There are also some moose and elk, but not in appreciable numbers.

I would not count on the squirrels and doves to feed us either.

The first year that crops can't fully feed the US population is the year that game will be nearly extinct, even if only 1 out of 20 is actually out there hunting, each of those is probably feeding 3-10 mouths. Trust me, there will be enough hungry desperate people out there to deplete everything there is no time flat.

I would consider myself a prepper, but my supplies run out after three years. I figure if I am not planting crops by then, or settled into a new lifestyle groove, I will be done anyhow.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join