It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors (US Patent 6506148)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
From wiki:

At the most basic level, the function of the nervous system is to send signals from one cell to others, or from one part of the body to others. At a more integrative level, the primary function of the nervous system is to control the body. It does this by extracting information from the environment using sensory receptors, sending signals that encode this information into the central nervous system, processing the information to determine an appropriate response, and sending output signals to muscles or glands to activate the response.

The nervous system is essentially a biological information highway and is responsible for controlling all the biological processes and movement in the body, and can also receive information and interpret it via electrical signals which are used in this nervous system.

Basically, the human nervous system controls everything from breathing and producing digestive enzymes, to memory and intelligence.

This patent is saying that we can be manipulated by just being near the TV monitors or the computer monitors.

ABSTRACT

Physiological effects have been observed in a human subject in response to stimulation of the skin with weak electromagnetic fields that are pulsed with certain frequencies near 1/2 Hz or 2.4 Hz, such as to excite a sensory resonance. Many computer monitors and TV tubes, when displaying pulsed images, emit pulsed electromagnetic fields of sufficient amplitudes to cause such excitation. It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set. For the latter, the image pulsing may be imbedded in the program material, or it may be overlaid by modulating a video stream, either as an RF signal or as a video signal. The image displayed on a computer monitor may be pulsed effectively by a simple computer program. For certain monitors, pulsed electromagnetic fields capable of exciting sensory resonances in nearby subjects may be generated even as the displayed images are pulsed with subliminal intensity.

Source

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thats weird, I am sure I read someone post about this in a disinformation thread, I will have a look and see if I can find it.
Nice post!

Seems like they can manipulate everything. Are we really just puppets?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

From wiki:

At the most basic level, the function of the nervous system is to send signals from one cell to others, or from one part of the body to others. At a more integrative level, the primary function of the nervous system is to control the body. It does this by extracting information from the environment using sensory receptors, sending signals that encode this information into the central nervous system, processing the information to determine an appropriate response, and sending output signals to muscles or glands to activate the response.

The nervous system is essentially a biological information highway and is responsible for controlling all the biological processes and movement in the body, and can also receive information and interpret it via electrical signals which are used in this nervous system.

Basically, the human nervous system controls everything from breathing and producing digestive enzymes, to memory and intelligence.

This patent is saying that we can be manipulated by just being near the TV monitors or the computer monitors.

ABSTRACT

Physiological effects have been observed in a human subject in response to stimulation of the skin with weak electromagnetic fields that are pulsed with certain frequencies near 1/2 Hz or 2.4 Hz, such as to excite a sensory resonance. Many computer monitors and TV tubes, when displaying pulsed images, emit pulsed electromagnetic fields of sufficient amplitudes to cause such excitation. It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set. For the latter, the image pulsing may be imbedded in the program material, or it may be overlaid by modulating a video stream, either as an RF signal or as a video signal. The image displayed on a computer monitor may be pulsed effectively by a simple computer program. For certain monitors, pulsed electromagnetic fields capable of exciting sensory resonances in nearby subjects may be generated even as the displayed images are pulsed with subliminal intensity.

Source

This is a good thread. Know I have to consider what tools the government has created or is in the making of mind cotrol...very intersting in that if we as a people can somehow understand the long range affect of this we could literally change our realities?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The movie industry has been manipulating our nervous systems for decades... and not to mention the music industry under the same umbrella.
edit on 19/2/11 by 1088no5 because: correction

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

I read the whole source you posted, heres some parts I found interesting indeed...

In these three electric stimulation methods the external electric field is applied predominantly to the head, so that electric currents are induced in the brain in the physical manner governed by electrodynamics. Such currents can be largely avoided by applying the field not to the head, but rather to skin areas away from the head. Certain cutaneous receptors may then be stimulated and they would provide a signal input into the brain along the natural pathways of afferent nerves. It has been found that, indeed, physiological effects can be induced in this manner by very weak electric fields, if they are pulsed with a frequency near 1/2 Hz. The observed effects include ptosis of the eyelids, relaxation, drowziness, the feeling of pressure at a centered spot on the lower edge of the brow, seeing moving patterns of dark purple and greenish yellow with the eyes closed, a tonic smile, a tense feeling in the stomach, sudden loose stool, and sexual excitement, depending on the precise frequency used, and the skin area to which the field is applied. The sharp frequency dependence suggests involvement of a resonance mechanism.

This first part is giving a background to where this technology came from and an explanation of what type of stimulation has been found to work.

Computer monotors and TV monitors can be made to emit weak low-frequency electromagnetic fields merely by pulsing the intensity of displayed images. Experiments have shown that the 1/2 Hz sensory resonance can be excited in this manner in a subject near the monitor. The 2.4 Hz sensory resonance can also be excited in this fashion. Hence, a TV monitor or computer monitor can be used to manipulate the nervous system of nearby people.

The implementations of the invention are adapted to the source of video stream that drives the monitor, be it a computer program, a TV broadcast, a video tape or a digital video disc (DVD).

For a computer monitor, the image pulses can be produced by a suitable computer program. The pulse frequency may be controlled through keyboard input, so that the subject can tune to an individual sensory resonance frequency. The pulse amplitude can be controlled as well in this manner. A program written in Visual Basic(R) is particularly suitable for use on computers that run the Windows 95(R) or Windows 98(R) operating system. The structure of such a program is described. Production of periodic pulses requires an accurate timing procedure. Such a procedure is constructed from the GetTimeCount function available in the Application Program Interface (API) of the Windows operating system, together with an extrapolation procedure that improves the timing accuracy.

Pulse variability can be introduced through software, for the purpose of thwarting habituation of the nervous system to the field stimulation, or when the precise resonance frequency is not known. The variability may be a pseudo-random variation within a narrow interval, or it can take the form of a frequency or amplitude sweep in time. The pulse variability may be under control of the subject.

The program that causes a monitor to display a pulsing image may be run on a remote computer that is connected to the user computer by a link; the latter may partly belong to a network, which may be the Internet.

For a TV monitor, the image pulsing may be inherent in the video stream as it flows from the video source, or else the stream may be modulated such as to overlay the pulsing. In the first case, a live TV broadcast can be arranged to have the feature imbedded simply by slightly pulsing the illumination of the scene that is being broadcast. This method can of course also be used in making movies and recording video tapes and DVDs.

Video tapes can be edited such as to overlay the pulsing by means of modulating hardware. A simple modulator is discussed wherein the luminance signal of composite video is pulsed without affecting the chroma signal. The same effect may be introduced at the consumer end, by modulating the video stream that is produced by the video source. A DVD can be edited through software, by introducing pulse-like variations in the digital RGB signals. Image intensity pulses can be overlaid onto the analog component video output of a DVD player by modulating the luminance signal component. Before entering the TV set, a television signal can be modulated such as to cause pulsing of the image intensity by means of a variable delay line that is connected to a pulse generator.

Interesting that any PC usage, TV usage, video tape or DVD can be interlaced with this as well as live broadcasts.

You can literally crap yourself after watching a horror movie or be sexually excited by something the complete opposite of sex etc if the program has been manipulated to produce a certain effect.

Great thread.

edit on 19-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I will not be surprised if I learn that even the cell phones were also capable of manipulating the human nervous system. That is the device that we really have to put very near us when using it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
I will not be surprised if I learn that even the cell phones were also capable of manipulating the human nervous system. That is the device that we really have to put very near us when using it.

I found out last year about how they are preparing to use mobile phone signals to watch your every move regardless of whether you have one or not as well, I made a thread that you might find interesting.

Just sharing information that you might want to learn about as should others.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This good be very interesting if they could use mobile phones to do this type of thing as well, if they can watch you in real time in a 3d image, they could manipulate every individual to a fine art.

edit on 19-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
found it!! this is from another thread I was reading.

Good post, lots of sound advice there. DIA have a frightening arsenal of weapons. Along with cloaked logic traps they also have been known to attack threads by fact bombing and using high intensity knowledge arrays.
Most people are not even aware that this is happening and will happily continue reading and posting, blissfully unaware that they are indeed victims of a highly advanced method of mind control.
There are some steps that can help protect. Studies have shown that background white noise can have a negating effect, especially on the cloaked logic traps. Listen to white noise at a comfortable level for long enough and they will more often than not, decloak rendering them useless.
The harmful effect of knowledge arrays can be lessened somewhat by altering the frequency of tft monitors. Levels below 50 htz interfere with the way they interface with the human brain.
Hope this helps.

edit on 3-1-2011 by Moonbeast1111 because: spilling errors

signature:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

ok -so it sounds -just like what WE all know, T.V., does to us, right now..

so..?
edit on 2/19/11 by darrman because: had to spell tv right

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
forgive my ignorance.......what is white noise?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yes and declassified US documents prove that 40+ years ago the Government had already developed and field tested a variety of extremely dangerous and immoral weapons relating to this. Since then they have developed this weapon technology further than the average sane person could ever imagine.

the world has now switched to digital network leaving a global network of VHF/UHF infrastructure free, available and ready for the Government/military to use in whatever purpose they want. Call me cynical but I can't imagine them using it for the good of society, can you?.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think this was thought for cathode ray tubes, not the new LCD TVs and monitors, and the reference to Windows 95 and Windows 98 makes me think that was the case.

The cathode ray tubes used high voltages that could really create parasitic frequencies, but even those can be blocked by some centimetres of air between the tube and the person.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
US Patent 6,506,148 - Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors - 2003

I am not going to post the supporting info for the patent claim because of the amoun t presented. Check the link above and take a look. In addition to this paent, there are a bunch more reltated to this 1 patent.

As a side note part of what they are talking about can actually affect a persons sleep pattern. The light / energy / whatever you want to call it triggers the same response in the human body as if the Sun were in the sky. Stimulates the body to say hey, its sunny out, we should be awake not asleep.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Great find!
This does raise a lot of questions. Two I have in mind...
- Is there any type of software out there that can detect this happening on a monitor?
- Do video game companies know about and exploit this?

------

Originally posted by ArMaP
I think this was thought for cathode ray tubes, not the new LCD TVs and monitors...

Apparently it works for CRT and LCD monitors.
From the above link...
"These results confirm that, indeed, the nervous system of a subject can be manipulated through electromagnetic field pulses emitted by a nearby CRT or LCD monitor which displays images with pulsed intensity."

------

Originally posted by truthzouthere
forgive my ignorance.......what is white noise?

The static on a TV screen. Some people call it snow.

edit on 20-2-2011 by HrdCorHillbilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

- Do video game companies know about and exploit this?

I seem to remember video games from the 80s and 90s causing seizures. Pokemon for one.
There's a flashing flourescent red/green banner/ad that declares "you're a winner" on ATS that definitely falls into this category.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

Thanks for that.

One thing that I think is strange is that it says "many" monitors, that's one of the reasons I thought it didn't apply to LCDs.

PS: does it talk about plasma screens? I didn't read it, as you could notice.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
US Patent 6,506,148 - Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors - 2003

I am not going to post the supporting info for the patent claim because of the amoun t presented. Check the link above and take a look. In addition to this paent, there are a bunch more reltated to this 1 patent.

WOW!! Thanks, this is some crazy stuff.

Inventors: Loos; Hendricus G. (Laguna Beach, CA).

Quoted from patent-

Certain monitors can emit electromagnetic field pulses that excite a sensory resonance in a nearby subject, through image pulses that are so weak as to be subliminal. This is unfortunate since it opens a way for mischievous application of the invention, whereby people are exposed unknowingly to manipulation of their nervous systems for someone else's purposes. Such application would be unethical and is of course not advocated. It is mentioned here in order to alert the public to the possibility of covert abuse that may occur while being online, or while watching TV, a video, or a DVD.

This person Hendricus Loos appears to hold at least 10 patents relating to the technology so lets hope he is a person that defends his intellectual property rights vigorously.

There is something else mentioned in the patent which I'm sure could develop into another conspiracy all of its own. The CIE -

The definition (3) was provided by the Commission Internationale de l'Eclairage (CIE), in order to account for brightness differences at different colors, as perceived by the human visual system.

Commission Internationale de l'Eclairage (CIE) -Translated = International Commission on Illumination

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hey; Thank you for the post. I actually posted this reply in another thread of the same topic, and wanted to share flag and star here too. Sorry for the Copy and pasting of my message......

This patent was actually one of my planned future posts, but I'm still working towards my 20 post quota, and saw you already added this.
I thought I might add a little bit to it.....
First, I have come across a more "official" website, the Us patent office. I have navigated to their search by Patent number page for this link....

patft.uspto.gov...

Here you can do a search for patent number 6506148 "Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors." I want to explain that this "technology" if you will IS currently active, and has been since televisions have been implemented into the consumers home. This was the plan from the beginning...I am certain that if people didn't like the idea of the TV and refused to buy it, it would have been GIVEN to everyone for free, just to get the technology into homes. If you read the abstract of this patent, it says it DOES alter a persons mind state, not that it COULD. It also states that one doesn't have to be looking at it for this effect. And this technology has only gotten better "WORSE?" since this patents release. If you think about it too, one really can't deny the hypnotizing effects of monitors....we've all seen, or been, a person staring at the tube, mouth agape, proclaiming how much we hate whatever it is we are watching, but continue to stare into the oblivion of the screen. But that is only the START of the televisions purpose....
Look up Patent number 5159703 "Silent Subliminal Presentation System", patent number 6017302 "Subliminal Acoustic Manipulation Of Nervous Systems" and patent number 4335710 "Device for the Induction of specific Brain Wave Patterns". These patents are used in conjunction with the monitor. You see, once someone is under the trance of the television, they are more subjectable to subliminal messages (Duh, obviously) The television is programming minds... (television PROGRAM...ha ha ha). It is making people buy things they don't want or need, making people think war is right and good, making people trust the propaganda of media. It is also turning our youth into sexual deviants, and more.
And please note, the first patent is regarding pulses from "MONITORS" not from "television" monitors, ALL monitors. So if you think you don't watch TV your fine, or if you don't play video games that your fine....you are sitting at a monitor right now. Your cell phone has a monitor, advertisements on the streets can be on monitors, etc...they are everywhere.

Also, of further interest someone may wish to look up patent number 6488614 "Method and Device for Producing A desired Brain state"
There are many more patents used in conjunction with all of the above mentioned patents, I mean hundreds of them...these are just the main ones that interested me.

I hope this information is of interest and help to those on this thread.

Off topic, look up patent number 5676977 "Method of Curing AIDS with tetrasilver tetroxide molecular crystal devices".

Peace and One Love

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
so this is where the real thread is at

I thank you OP for this thread.

I have had a few issues in life (there is no need to go into specifics), and I have an over reactive nervous system.
My condition worsened when I commenced fulltime work in a control room for a security company. In the tiny room nicknamed "the bunker" with reinforced walls etc. etc. I am surrounded by monitors and wall to wall receivers and computers.
I am looking at ways to try and protect myself at work and possibly others in the future in such workplaces from Electromagnetic fields..
---> Lets not forget the harm being done from just having the computer/tv/microwave plugged into the wall.
Electromagnetic fields hurt the pineal gland.
A nice cure/fix for being submitted to harmful frequencies etc. during the day is to listen to ANCIENT MUSIC SCALES. Help your body re tune before sleep. My life changed for the better the day I discovered binary beats and the like. I also find having a cat lay on your chest seems to balance me before sleep.
I thank ATS for bringing to my attention these subject matters, for they had never captured my attention prior to joining.

reply to Klassified ::
haha yeah I know, add to all that technology in the room all workers are shift workers that do 12 hour shifts. 2 dayshifts followed by 2 nightshifts, then 4 days rest, then back to it.
I could quit but I really do love the job and want to get involved making the environment as safe as possible for those who do work in it, the security/monitoring industry is huge.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join