It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin protesters to face Tea Party counter protesters today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Obvious from the minute FoxNews jumped on the bandwagon, I'd say.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The government increased the value of its workers, and then when it was taking too much from the people to support this, had to cut back. The tea party is correctly protesting here. The workers are more or less whiners. They are government workers. Just above that of slaves. They are not royalty. They are to be payed and supported at a level that makes corruption and bribery not likely but bellow that of middle class people. They were treated like royalty on the backs of the people, making them as bad as the government.

Basically, suck it up.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Obvious from the minute FoxNews jumped on the bandwagon, I'd say.

I quit watching the BOOB tube in 1974. The only time you are guaranteed to hear the truth is when it involves a sports score.

The SOBs showed nation wide coverage, complete with film footage "live on TV" of a HUGE protest at my Big Ten College a couple weeks after the nearby Kent State riots.

Only one tiny problem, the riot never ever happened. I was taking 21 credit hours that semester including a couple labs and an art course and was on campus from 7:00 AM till 5:00 PM, so I KNOW there was no riot not even a ripple of "unrest" It was all a big fat LIE!

I quit believing the propaganda outlets that day.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hello all,

I believe that the answers to the biggest problems will come simply if one doesn't get caught up struggling with the immediate circumstances. One has to just look at the initial causes that brought imbalance and try to rectify them.

Everyone that I know is extremely aware that we as a country are running out of money to support our current way of life. It comes to mind to myself, over and over that no one is addressing, talking about or comparing ideas about how the balance became overturned as directly related to how we are trying to bring the balance back.

In other words...

How did overspending in schools, unions, public employees, women's rights, immigrants, the environment, health care, voting rights, food safety, pensions, prenatal care, science, public broadcasting and many other things of this nature come to create the current financial crisis that we find ourselves in today.

These are some of the things that I see people fighting about today and I am at a loss as to why we are even discussing them.

Thank you,
Phoenix

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No.
You are taking the stance of ONE single Tea Party member and applying it to all Tea Party members.

You know, not every German was just like Hitler during WW2. They had regular army grunts, that didn't want anything to do with Nazism.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Tea Party is a bunch of angry Republicans who complain about their government only because a Democrat is in office. Once he's out, they'll disperse and praise their Conservative leaders.

They're a group of a hypocritical slobs.

That's all there is to say about America's Tea Party.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

The Tea Party is a bunch of angry Republicans who complain about their government only because a Democrat is in office. Once he's out, they'll disperse and praise their Conservative leaders.

Says the person who failed to realize that the Tea Party is really just relabeled Libertarian-conservatives. They've been around for a lot longer than Obama, BTW. They just never got much of the press before Obama.

They're a group of a hypocritical slobs.

How are they being hypocrites?
They are conservatives who oppose liberalism, that is called INTEGRITY.

If they opposed other conservatives then they MIGHT be hypocrites then.
You obviously fail to understand how to apply the hypocrite label.

That's all there is to say about America's Tea Party.

All that incorrect labeling, and failed understanding of political ideologies?

Okay.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Sharing this:

Link to watch protests live

Nothing here today.

Union Protester Arrested for Trying to Sabotage Madison Tea Party Sound System

Yesterday, a pro-union thug was arrested for trying to sabotage the sound system at the tea party rally in Madison, Wisconsin. I was standing up near the stage and completely missed this due to the size of the massive crowd.
"He was really angry, violent and not a fan of free speech... They're not nice people."

They're not nice people? Mkay. Didn't the Tea Party send out a note saying open carry? Or was that a lie?

Tea Party supporters clash with Wis. protestors

But also Saturday, a smaller yet equally passionate crowd appeared, supporting the Gov. Scott Walker, peopled by Tea Party activists, including a holdover from the 2008 presidential campaign.

"Unions don't deserve anything. You don't deserve anything. You work for it yourself," said "Joe the Plumber."

Pitched rhetoric filled the Madison air. Among others, Karen and Walt Nocito wanted to be heard.

"Public employees have been the Cadillac of employees, and it's got to stop," Walt Nocito said.

"We cannot continue this La La Land about paying union people so much money. There's going to be no America left," said Karen Nocito.

Oh, the irony.

Snapshots of Tea Partiers in Madison [No photos]

T ea Party takes on pro-union protesters as 70,000 demonstrators descend on Wisconsin Capitol in biggest rally yet [Photos here]

George Soros: Tea Party Activists Being 'Used,' Obama's 'Lost Control Of Agenda' (VIDEO)

I have to agree with Soros. They're being used in a classic Republican vs. Democrat showdown. Pity.

edit on 2/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The Tea Party are simply a bunch of people brain washed by right wing media propaganda. I think they are being called upon to cause a skirmish with peacefull protesters. Just like in Egypt.,everything was fine untill Mabarak supporters showed up with guns. Im not saying the tea party will go to that extent but will be the same idea. Im for the people as a whole and a hardcore union member and supporter. I do not support the crooked union leaders at the top. They to need to be delt with. We the people as a whole could acomplish so much if we could stand as one instead of protesting againt each other. Thats what the elites want is us fighting againts each other. Its our responsibility to change this B.S. the elites are feeding us not the damn people we elect in office. Unions were created for this reason.. To all the anti union workers supporting these new laws. They are not made for you or anyone in the working class union or non union. These law makers and new govenors are about to wake up a sleeping giant(The People) if they push too hard and take too much away. I feel unrest is coming here just like in the mid east becouse our conciousness as a whole is shifting and we the people of the world are sick and tired of the political bull sh....we are being fed. sorry im done. peace out

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Any members doing boots-to-the-ground reporting on this?

Would be good to get opinion from people at the scene.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Can you believe Limbaugh brings up the Muslim Brotherhood
And again with the salaries "way out of line." Yes let's drag everyone left down to the level of us slaves.

Rush slams the unions and describes the 'war' declared by unions against the taxpayers.
Further Commentary:
This is a critical moment in the nation's battle to dig itself out of debt and free itself from the iron grip of public union monopolies. As you know from reading this blog, the Wisconsin showdown has been a long time coming. I remind you that there are many brave workers exposing the corruption and costs of compulsory unionism. Today's syndicated column gives an overview of the Big Labor battle in Wisconsin — now spreading to Ohio and Indiana, where the DNC/OFA are organizing the community of grievance-mongers kicking and screaming against overdue reforms. --Michelle Malkin

reply to post by LarryLove

That would be great. I'm looking for more video and pictures.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

No. They are Republicans. The Tea Party might've originally consisted of many Libertarians but it was quickly hijacked by Fox News and the Right Wing lunatics.

They've been around? These are the same network of people who supported Bush and his invasion of two Middle Eastern nations, which costed us billions of dollars and thousands of lives. Where were the Teabagge...I mean...er...Tea Partiers then? Oh yeah, instead of outside or inside a mall for a "rally" (lol), they were in front of their televisions letting a media outlet Tell them how they should feel.

These people want the government out of their lives but yet, they are pro war (unless a Democrat is involved, then they're somehow against it), they want the government to prohibit and outlaw abortion, they want the government to keep them safe from the big bad terrorist boogeymen. ETC.

I'm a Libertarian and the Tea Party does not represent liberties and freedoms, it represents corporatism, selfishness and greed.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Slideshow here: www.channel3000.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What many of you have already said: Billionaire tea party tycoons financed Wisconsin's anti-union governor, records show

Also here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

People. Stop the absurdity. It is all doublethink. Get the Dems and Repub Voters to stop voting for the "lesser of two evils" (remember by definition they are still voting for evil) and vote for Ron Paul. Encourage Dr. Paul to run and if the elitists in FOX News and the Republican party shut him out again encourage him to run as an Independent.

Many will say, well that will siphon off votes from the Republican and ensure an Obama victory. SO WHAT! Whether Obama or the Republican wins, you get the same thing! Obama lied and continued (fast track) many of Bush's previous policies. Many things he said he wouldn't do he is doing. HE LIED TO YOU, just like Bush before him lied to the Republican layman. Stop believing their hype of "Ron Paul can't win". It's not that he can't win, but that "they" can't afford him to win.

Please watch and share this brief tour de force video so people will finally get it... It's the central bankers and the Federal Reserve! www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-2-2011 by FreakyDeaky1 because: typo

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FreakyDeaky1

I was speaking at a higher level of two evils and also happen to have voted for Dr. Paul in the last three presidential elections.

Please try hard to stay on topic, but good points anyway, though you're pretty much preaching to the choir with this stuff on ATS

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You know... the tea party members run along the same lines as the Egyptian Revolt Mubarak supporters.

Same brainwashed masses.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kroms33

Maybe someone's tweeting them the way our State Department is tweeting the people in Egypt and other countries

Actually....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Unions are the only thing maintaining anything like a living wage in the US - without Unions you will all be working for corporate overlords who remove all your rights, benefits and wages and force you into slave labor - exactly how it used to be BEFORE UNIONS brought you the rights and standards you enjoy today.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join