It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Disconnect [Libya is off the internet]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Libyan Disconnect [Lybia is off the internet]

www.renesys.com

Renesys confirms that the 13 globally routed Libyan network prefixes were withdrawn at 23:18 GMT (Friday night, 1:18am Saturday local time), and Libya is off the Internet. One Libyan route originated by Telecom Italia directly is still BGP-reachable, but inbound traceroutes appear to die in Palermo.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Sun Mar 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
OK this is from a blog on Renesys site (The internet intelligence authority - apparently).

Not found any MSM news sources yet, but I will look now.

Just wanted to post this, Libya seems to be closing down the internet, this is turning into a trend!

*CORRECTION!*

Corrected above report to reflect GMT+2 time zone.

Two-thirds of Libyan routes came back to life at 6:01 UTC (8:01 local time), and the remainder were restored nine minutes later. At the moment, spot checks of Libyan domains and traceroutes into affected networks indicate that connectivity has been restored, and Libya is back on the Internet.

Looks like a false alarm for now actually, or maybe a test? - I'll still post this, if the mods want to remove I understand.

www.renesys.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
We shouldn't be far behind Obama can't wait to push that button!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I first thought it was a test..but nearly 6 hours it was shut....if it was a test...why didn't they put it back to life quicker?

It is rather chilly how they can just disconnect the internet just like that...maybe one day, a group of countries may come to "control" it etc..never know.

It's becoming a trend and I don't like it!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Looks like Africa is a test run for the real deal, when Westerners start taking to the streets there is much more at stake for tptb. If people still topple governments in Africa without the internet then i am 99.9% certain the internet will NOT be pulled in the west when we start to riot. However if taking off the internet works, well then i am 99.9% sure the net WILL be pulled in the west when TSHTF!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

edit on 19-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Perhaps they lost the internet because of the solar flare storms.

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You should update your thread.

Libya is indeed off the net now for a couple days.

Libyan Disconnect

What Libya learned from Egypt

new topics

top topics

join