It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Cosomauts - What we dont know about!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I came across the story of Valentin Bondarenko recently who died on earth during a space endurance experiment. In a high oxygen environment he carelessly placed an alcohol cleaning swab on his hot plate causing a fire which burnt him very badly. Despite this being a clear accident where he made a fatal mistake Russia covered it up for 20 years!!! I understant why for publicity, but I also came across this en.wikipedia.org... which is about lost cosmonauts that have been alleged, including many who were sent to space never to return and there are many alleged deaths as you can see. I don't trust wikipedia for accuracy ever, but I have just used this page as an overview, there are many other online sources this page however has them all together.

I was thinking that if they tried to cover up this small accident for so long what else have they suppressed? Researching about deaths in space such as the apollo 1 missions made be quite angry about the carelesness in preperations. Especially is its correct as Buzz Aldrin alleges that the crew asked for the flammable materials to be removed (which they were) and then re-installed right before the mission giving them little chance to get it changed.

Anyway I have only started looking into this and I know there are by far more knowledgable people on here than myself so feel free to dive into this subject with any info!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

No doubt our very own Jim Oberg will want to add so much more to this thread, its a very interesting subject and deserves to be looked into more.

Ill be checking back to see where it goes.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is pretty interesting for me and a coincidence since i was having a similar based conversation with my girlfriend just a couple of weeks ago.
I for years have had a memory of a situation where some(think 3) men were in space aboard a ship and had a technical fault which meant they could not make their way back down too earth.
Now they were at the current time floating around in space and the native country was looking into way of getting them back.At the time i saw(?) this all over the news there was no way they could think of but of course were working on the issue.

Now the information above may seem very very iffy too most since most on this site care too call bluff,hoax,fake,myth before they even consider the fact it ones persons thoughts but i can assure you im not making it up im just going on memory's i have in my mind from years ago.

Unfortunately and this is a major thing on this site also which i fully understand i have no facts or evidence.
What i have is a vivid memory of such a thing being in the news only too not hear no more about it.I questioned my girlfriend about it too see if she would remember something of this type happening but she does not.
But im almost sure at one stage at a guess around the 80s maybe early 90s there was a incident where the country(cant mind if it was usa or ussr) had some men in space and they as far as i can recollect failed too return.
since i didnt see anything else about it and im sure it would of been a major party if they had done so.

Thanks for original post was interesting,i hope i have not spoiled it with my reply which i understand may sound strange.But this information has never left my mind for some reason.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire

No doubt our very own Jim Oberg will want to add so much more to this thread, its a very interesting subject and deserves to be looked into more.

Ill be checking back to see where it goes.

Thanks

www.jamesoberg.com...
Uncovering Soviet Disasters
Chapter 10: Dead Cosmonauts

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

My point exactly.

good find

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I wonder how long a human corpse and craft will survive in space intact, 1000's of years to be found by future humans or aliens?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here is an article from Fortean Times "Lost in Space What really happened to Russia's missing cosmonauts? An incredible tale of space hacking, espionage and death in the lonely reaches of space."

www.forteantimes.com...

Its a good read, Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Unless they re-enter the earth's or the atmophere or another planet they would float forever and ever and ever. The vaccuum of space would preserve the body/mechanical equipment.

In fact one way to solve part of the above stated mysteries would be if you could find a way to check all the debris in Earth's orbit. As you would probably find a lot of junk and possibly even a shuttle or two that we know nothing about. I am sure that America has it's secret losses too just like the USSR. The government preaches transparency but it has never been transparent.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Should the blacl space program be a reality, and be far beyond the technology used at NASA, i wonder who will tak the responsibility for the Columbia and other mishaps which cost lives?
Obviously the NASA program is responsible fr part, but if we had the advanced technology for a long time, these deaths were not only needless, but they become far more tragic.
There is a great deal the USSR and USA will have to answer for someday..........

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I heard a while ago from a friend of mine who is a staunch, but misguided in my opinion, believer of the we never went to the moon hoax. He says that the Soviets tried an all or nothing attempt to reach the moon before the Americans which went drastically wrong causing the cosmonauts to be lost in space. He says there were some ham radio enthusiasts who heard their frantic last messages as they floated away to be lost in space.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

i think i've found one

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CholmondleyWarner
I heard a while ago from a friend of mine who is a staunch, but misguided in my opinion, believer of the we never went to the moon hoax. He says that the Soviets tried an all or nothing attempt to reach the moon before the Americans which went drastically wrong causing the cosmonauts to be lost in space. He says there were some ham radio enthusiasts who heard their frantic last messages as they floated away to be lost in space.

Look at my link three posts up from yours! That is the same story I have there.

edit on 19-2-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last line

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrChaz

Sounds like you are talking about Apollo 13, they were safely returned to earth after an explosion on board and the mission was aborted and they never landed on the Moon. If you haven't watched the movie called Apollo 13 you should, it is pretty accurate.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You might want to look up the Judica-Cordiglia brothers, they seemed to have tracked Soviet activities in space during the height of the Soviet space programme.

There is some doubt over the veracity of their claims, but here's a website to get you started Link to Fortean Times article

I'm not sure either way, there seems to be compelling evidence for some of their claims, but some experts in the field cast doubt on their claims.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think the OP might be remembering an old movie called Marooned (1969).

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Seems like hardly anyone reads the preceding posts before making their own post. I've mentioned this link twice in this thread. Feels like I'm invisible!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Oh yes the Russians deemed (perceived) technological space exploration advancement in the 60's beyond their respect of life, to fight those bad bad Americans who also used captured German rocket scientist's to start their space programs to begin with. The moment in time would prove the American had deeper pockets than the Russians at the time to team together German technology to get us to the moon first, so then the game was over, and the Germans still get very little credit for the whole thing.

You don't get that from High School history books in America now do you?

BTW, the Germans still make the best automobiles on the planet! Have you ever seen on the Science channel the new Audi plant? Totally amazing stuff, I would love to work there. The factory floor looks like a billion dollar skyscraper lobby for the elite! So clean you could eat off of the floor and the humans do very little actual labor, they act as the brain for the machines, (a caveman could do it).

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Don't sweat it, because they are missing a great read ,thanks. I now need to find the documentary about them.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Don't worry I noticed! just finished reading it, very interesting stuff. I can't imagine they tracked everything though, there must be so many other cases we know nothing about

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Sorry, did someone post something then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join