It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPS To Track Truant Students In Anaheim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
losangeles.cbslocal.com...

Students with at least four unexcused absences will be given a handheld device with a GPS signal to verify their location, which officials hope will cut down on truancies.

Now here we have a fine example on how to waste tax dollars. It is a handheld device after all. Do they really expect this to work? I can see how this will go down:

Student A: "Hey, you want to cut class today?"

Student B: "Sounds like a great idea. Just let me grab the GPS so that when I don't show up the goons will know right where to find me."

No way in hell does this work. These kids will leave these handy little gems sitting right on their dresser. At which point Principal Rooney will break into the house and find Ferris Bueller sick and asleep in his bed.

You would think that with all the state budget woes that California has they would spend the money on the students who actually want to learn.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Start using technology in a harmless way, slowly push the bar further and further. This way the sheeple don't detect any sudden movements.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

If you truly have a problem with truancy, then you charge the repeat offenders with a crime and you give them a court ordered, non-removable, ankle bracelet that can track them.

Maybe California can have a pilot program where they also track sex offenders with a handheld GPS device, and if it works for them the rest of the country can adopt it.

And as far as using harmless technology to keep the sheeple in line, I found this to be a disturbing story:

See TIME MAGAZINE, August 9, 1999. Tucked inside article about baby swapping victims at University of Virginia hospital, as a parenthetical, is news that the University of Virginia hospital plans to begin micro-chipping all newborns in their bellybuttons this month to prevent baby snatching, etc. I can tell you now, as an attorney, exactly what is shaping up.

Parents who balk at this procedure or attempt to forbid it will be the subject of Child Protective Services (Family Independence Agency in Michigan) petitions with the court to remove the infant from them on the grounds that a) they fail to offer the child necessary safety and security by denying them by reason of fanatical, "conspiratorial", paranoid, delusional, apocalyptic beliefs, this basic protection.

edit on 19-2-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Why is not going to school against the law anyway?? Education should be a privilege attainable by anyone who wants it. Those that don't want it should not be subjected to the criminal system through truancy laws.

I say we have way to many laws in the first place... the criminalization of the American population...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Why is not going to school against the law anyway?? Education should be a privilege attainable by anyone who wants it. Those that don't want it should not be subjected to the criminal system through truancy laws.

I say we have way to many laws in the first place... the criminalization of the American population...

I agree, there are way too many laws, however, I for one am tired of a percentage of my hard earned dollars going to support the uneducated citizens of this country.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Lmfao.. Theyll probably give the device to a kid who attends regularly .. And continue to play truant..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Lmfao.. Theyll probably give the device to a kid who attends regularly .. And continue to play truant..

That's what I would do.
Seriously though, I live around the corner from Anaheim & those kids skipping
are a bunch of thugs I guarantee it. They learned it from their parents. Going into
Anaheim is like going to a 3rd world cesspool. It's disgusting.

top topics

join