It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK, blind as a bat?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Sorry for my english, i didnt think a few mistakes would mean much, suppose i am a design student and when the times i do type is with auto check haha and also the iphone isnt very good with typing on!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

I have traveled to The states, both coasts, Austria, France, Spain, Canada, Germany, Finland and am planning to tour Sweden and Norway. By research I mean I have read extensively about many different things and then drawn my own conclusions. I dont claim to specialize in anything.

As for my spelling I have always stuggled with it despite getting A grades in English Literature and B in English Language so it hasn't hampered my education much, certainly not my intelligence. I just dont see spelling as important as getting information out there as online most people dont care, if they are bothered about spelling so much I suggest that they should focus on more important issues. Btw my degree hasn't suffered from this either, I am capable of checking it if I deem it essential if not people have a problem then they can just not get involved in my point of view. Imo its pretty sad that people are so bothered about it when it doesnt effect them at all (and btw sorry about my lack of punctuation but who cares as long as you can get the info from it?!?!?)

Since you describe yourself as from a peasent background are you trying to make yourself feel intilectually supirior by picking on others minor faults?

Anyway I just needed to rant about that, it annoys me when people are too busy pointing out other imperfections when they could use their energy for something interesting!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
People can go out and drink at the weekends if they want... Whats the problem?

I believe God will show us what he wants to show us. If my path of life does not involve me in the happenings of foreign countries then so be it. That is Gods choice.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Butterflywing because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2011 by Butterflywing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Degree?

My old mate Fred Plater had a Pub called the Barley Mow in Newcastle. He employed nothing else but students. I was a regular customer there for about 10 years. I never met a student yet who didn`t know everything there was to know (in their own opinion). And I never met one who knew anything either.
Two of them stand out particularly:
1. Was a rabid Leftie. He went on to run a betting-shop for Ladbrokes.
2. Went on all the "Ban the Bomb" anti-nuclear marches, wore the anarchist badge etc. He got a job with British Nuclear Fuels at Windscale.

There are clever people in the UK just as there are everywhere else - and stupid ones too.What annoys me is that I couldn`t afford to go to University but now there are people who are incapable of putting two words together demonstrating in the streets about their "right" to Higher Education. In their opinion I should pay for them to have the education I never had.

And if you listen to them "down the Pub" all they ever talk about is "clubbin`" and how "rotten" they got the night before.

We should make it a lot more difficult for people to go to University, not easier. Too many are taking crap degrees and then they wonder why they can`t get a proper job.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wongy

hello wongy
you are a young pup compared to many on here (including myself). two months opening your brain? not fried yet? only kidding.
welcome to the site. i've been around since it kinda started.
most people do not want to know about many issues posted here. i suppose they feel it is easier with the other softer mainstream distractions on offer. nothing there to hurt your head with!
i have had many many private discussions face to face with another member on this matter and i will say he has 40+years experience in nearly all fields of the 'unknownish' topics. he feels the same way regarding attempting to inform others about the state of play. if they don't ask, better not to tell. your only urinating in the wind on that one, however if you are asked then chirp away.
see you around.
regards f

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

I was doing a commissioning engineering apprenticeship for nearly three years before as I couldn't afford to goto university. I worked 50 hours a week minimum and studied then as well. But then I decided I wanted to do learn something that I enjoy rather than engineering which I was never interested in apart from the fact that it paid ok, so I planned for a long time how to go about affording uni.

I saved up for my initial deposits and made sure that I had a part time job that would cover my living expenses. Loans cover your rent and course costs which almost anyone can get as long as they are accepted to the university. You don't have to pay them back till you earn 15k a year so its not like you can't afford the loans so were you just not willing to work as well as study then? Many students, especially older ones like myself do it entirely on their own, but students (particularly younger ones) are easy targets to mock so people assume they're all the same.

Also my degree is accelerated so each year I do 2 years worth of work and exams which means I get my degree twice as fast so don't need to pay for the other years so my debt is half what the average student probably has. Anyone can goto uni as long as they are willing to work while they study which a lot of students arn't willing to do.

Theres no need to be bitter and resent someone just because they managed to do something that you never managed to experience yourself.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You are entitled to your opinion but i dont see theres any Problem with slight spelling mistakes particularly on a forum board. What about the people whos grammar arnt particulary good in terms of language barrier? It doesnt matter anyway if i was typing a 5000 word essay yeah it would matter then but its just a case of quickly exchanging thoughts and opinions.

And to other person about god, is it in gods will for slavery, murder, rape and abuse? If that was the case then everyone would blame god and there will be no such thing as sins? Thats taking it to an extreme point. I believe in karma, i dont use god as an excuse for my actions though i do believe my spirit is part of god eles i will be a veggy. I said i myself enjoy drinking and i never specifically said i had a problem, my point was why does the majority lack the knowledge of things going on and aswel why they dont particulary take an interest to whata happening in the world. Everytime i raise a convo people just go so, what do you want me to do about it.. *sigh* truth hurts theres nothing we can do to be honest, not enough to make an impact.. In the UK anyway

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wongy

My point exactley, it winds me up when a good discussion gets stopped in its tracks when someone can't let go the fact that a word isnt spelt right (despite them knowing what is ment by it) I don't get how some are more interested in that than the topic that they have started reading.

This is my problem with Christianity. I understand how 'God' has given us free will which is why so many awful things happen. But to say we are all born with orignal sin is bull#. How can a newborn be condemed immediately as a sinner just for being a human? Thats a total cop out, it reminds me of when I was young and a religious teacher would always answer my questions with 'because it is' or 'it just is, don't ask why'. That always seemed ridiculous to me even as a child.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Judging by the replies you`ve had, it looks like most of the people in the UK ARE still asleep.
My eyes were opened a long time ago but i still research, every day if i can.
I`m in my mid fifties, as are a lot of my friends but unfortunately, 90% of them are still asleep as to what is going on in the world. Or should i say, to the reality of what`s going on in the world.
Although most of my age-group know of what`s happening around us. They don`t know what`s going on behind the scenes and find it hard to believe when i try to educate them on it.
Most of my friends don`t use the internet so they only see what`s in the MSM.
When i try to explain that questions should be asked about 9/11, fluoride , aspartame, chem-trails, illegal wars, hidden history, bankers, global elite, Gaza etc......most of them don`t seem to be interested.
They say " oh, you heard it off the internet. Anyone can make that stuff up. "
Maybe they think i`ve lost the plot !
I download and copy films of the above topics and give them to my kids and they are genuinely interested.

I think we need to get the message out to the younger ones and if possible teachers, councilors etc.
There`s enough info out there to put onto DVD and pass around.

I did however come across a youtube channel fronted by a young guy who is clued up on almost everything and i urge you all to check him out.

His channel is " wideshutuk " . He has a webcast and radio show.

Here is one of his shows that i think is a must to listen to.

www.youtube.com...

Keep spreading the word and wake up your friends and family.
Great post......S+F .
edit on 19-2-2011 by lambros56 because: Forgot to put the link in.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

You've hit the nail on the head there. I think that as well as making people aware to everything thast going on we also need to start changing peoples attitudes on questioning the world around them.

It seems in the UK people are conditioned to think anything thats out of the ordinary isn't possible and that anyone talking about it has been mislead by the internet. The internet is just a tool for sharing information. It doesn't brainwash you or anything yet a lot of people seem to think its 90% rubbish 10% truth when its more likely the other way around!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

Definateley. The mentality tioday is ' That soun ds like a movie' when in fact many movies protrey certain subjects to desensititze or make said subject part of the conscious image of society. The 'people' are led to beleive one set of lies, and the truth is made implausable by tagging it as fiction. star for you budd

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Quite a simple test - anyone on facebook, throw something "out there" as a status on your page, not even massively weird just out the ordinary.
Something like, Aspartame Poisoning fears, Fuel prices, MP expenses scams, Bankers, etc - all things that should be conversed in more detail, are important to this country in one way or another, etc - and nothing. No comment, no reply, no "like this" etc.

Throw the usual crap "just had the best pepperoni pizza ever" or "Never drinking again what a night" and people comment and like it by the dozen.

Proves the OP's point - people dont want to leave their comfort zones. If it's not X Factor, I'm a nobody put me in a jungle, dancing on ice or whatever other tripe is on this week - not interested. That is across all ages.

Thats not even going into heavy topics like Pole shifts, global warming, solar flares, revolutions in middle east, 9-11 conspiracies, birds dying all over the world (I did post this one with links to news stories to no avail)

I do fear for how truly blind people have become - it will be one hell of a shock for a lot of people if TSHTF at any point - totally out the blue and unexpected.

Good topic OP - very relevant indeed.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Yeh . I agree.
Although i`m a member on Facebook, i really don`t use it but i do post a video at least once a week and ask people to share it.

The link that i put a link on my earlier reply is one of the ones i put on Facebook and i actually heard from a few young family members who really liked it.
So maybe it does work....in a small kinda way.
I intend to make copies of Endgame, The Obama deception and more, to hand around and post to people telling them to spread the news.
It may wake some up.
I don`t know.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Good luck - at least some of your friends on there take notice - I have literally zero response from anyone on those topics so have stopped posting them. I am assuming people think you're just weird bringing these topics up

I have often thought about dropping off the thing - but it does have its uses - I have managed to get in touch with some college friends and arrange a reunion through it so its not all bad.

I do delete people (friends or family) as soon as all they post is garbage about how many cups of tea they have had today - suppose that is why my friends list is only around 40 rather than the 482 that most people seem to have - how many people can say they actually, genuinely know that many people. When I say know, I mean be able to pick up a phone and talk to someone know, not just see them in a pub twice a year or knew them from school 15 years ago and didnt even like them then. Put people still add them as a friend as though the higher the number of friends on FB, the better a person they are.
Sorry - slightly off topic FB rant

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

I know. We could rant all day about FB.
I do to my daughters and their partners.
It does annoy me though, when i try to talk to people about things that are going on behind the lies of the MSM.
They just don`t seem to want to know.
One thing some of them listened to was when i told them about the swine-flu 4 months before it came out in the news so a lot of my family and friends didn`t bother with the vaccine.
A few are waking up to the dangers of fluoride since i told them to read the small-print on the back of the toothpaste tube.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I'm in the UK and I also know where you are coming from. My own awakening seemed to stem from depression and the ensuing rise out of it. The vast majority of folk on our tiny island have very much an Island mentality. I get looked at like I'm an alien at work when I try to raise a topic of discussion that's not BBC news or celebrity gossip. God forbid people should discuss the implications of the goings on elsewhere. I find that most people don't want to know because it can make you feel insignificant, and we dwell in a society that promotes the ego. Until the betterment of society and mankind takes priority over self gain we're probably going to be stuck feeling frustrated and useless. How do you get people to listen when they are too caught up in trivial issues to take out their headphones and listen?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wongy
hi guys, i am new here this is my first thread.

ok well i live in the UK, and is it me or does the majority here really lack the knowledge of whats going on around the world? is this the same as with every other western country?? seriously, i am at university and its unbelievable how retarded most people are, most of them dont have a clue about anything with reguards to whats happening in the world..

from personal experience, i use to be an arrogant, aggressive individual, i was blinded by material and label very much in the past. it was a phase, ive kinda 'woken' up then i begin doing mass research on things going in the world, the mass bird deaths triggered this, mass deaths are occuring still but there is no news coverage of how potentially important this may be.

ive learned a great deal from the last two months of research, ive quit the boozing every night as my main 'hobby' thats another thing too, no one seems to do anything eles here apart from getting really drunk, ''living for the weekend'' is all there is here.

its rediculous when i bring up subjects reguarding protests, changing of the world, pole shifts, etc NO ONE has any clue to as what i am saying! what the # are people serioulsy brainwashed too an extent the IMPORTANT things outside money, material and media does not even interest/bother them in the slightest??? its really hard to find people who i can relate to, the only other people who seem to understand, is the other races such as indian and african/black people.. they seem to relate and give some interest and give a damn! the rest dont give a # apart from when their next takeaway meal is and most importantly when the next night out is. am not going against that because thats all there is to do here, alcohol and clubbing. i enjoy it myself but i see the vast majority are bloody religious to it spending hundreds of pounds a month on booz.

i understand we are all free will beings and that we can do what we want, we shouldnt encourange the beliefs from one to the other, but major things are going on right now and everyone here is so blind to see it, they shouldnt be because the amount of things going on right now would affect everyones lives sooner or later.

seriously what the hell is going on here. please share your thoughts and opinions

love and peace.

Your original post reminds me of myself so much! i used to be blinded by brands, money and going out getting lashed and just generally pissing my life away up until a year or so back.

And that is all anyone our age and older for that fact seem to be bothered about here in the UK, i am lucky, i have friends who share the same thoughts as me and i can have a decent conversation with them about most things, but the majority of people i know are just plain clueless.

I mean apart from a few select freinds if i mentioned a pole shift or solar flares or something they would just look at me as if i was talking a foreign language. I think 98% of the people i know would rather sit down and watch some mind numbing bull# like big brother or some crap than watch a documentery and actually learn something about the earth or the universe, which i find to be totally sad.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Predator90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
dude, im exactly the same way, i had always watched the world but when the birds dropped it was mind boggling. I have stopped using my Facebook for bull#ting, and try to make as many informational posts as possible for all my friends and family to see!

People do need to wake up!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Great thread here, welcome to ATS, i too am in the UK, and i sometimes post links onto my facebook page and have the same responses well none actually, I do have a friend that has started to listen to me though, last night I told him I had three months worth of food and water stored, he looked at me and said ' we would be no good we have about two weeks worth at the most', then I showed him my 1000 litre water container that i've just bought, he's like 'wow your serious', he's starting to wake up now, my wife still thinks i'm nuts though.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by discostu123

then back to X-factor and Mcdonalds and all is forgotten.

Indeed, the UK is full to the brim of mindless droids who can think of nothing better to do on a nice sunny bank holiday, than wander aimlessly around supermarkets buying useless things they don't need with money they don't have trying to impress people they don't like.. While their kids get tanked up on cheap alcohol

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join