It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found footage scifi thriller APOLLO 18 gets a trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The Timur Bekmambetov produced Apollo 18 has finally emerged from development hell. With director Gonzalo Lopez-Gallego at the helm, an infusion of cash from Bob Weinstein, the found footage film finally kicked into gear and today, a real trailer finally appeared for the film.

Here’s the official verbage:

Officially, Apollo 17, launched December 17th, 1972 was the last manned mission to the moon. But a year later, in December of 1973, two American astronauts were sent on a secret mission to the moon funded by the US Department of Defence. What you are about to see is the actual footage which the astronauts captured on that mission. While NASA denies its authenticity, others say it’s the real reason we’ve never gone back to the moon.

Apollo 18 originally had a release date of March 4th but it will now be opening wide on April 22nd.

edit on 19-2-2011 by Winnuting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Sounds interesting.

I am hooked. Looks like it has a great story line.
Can't wait to see this movie!!
edit on 19-2-2011 by PLUMBER1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Winnuting

If I crapped on a piece of film, it would look better than this movie. Are you serious? Awful acting; a joke.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

If I crapped on a piece of film, it would look better than this movie. Are you serious? Awful acting; a joke.

Well. All I've seen is this trailer. The acting looks fine to me.

If you can make a better movie by crapping on some film, please do.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winnuting

My crap is in the mail. You must have been a fan of blair witch 2. Or, you must like soap operas......I'm betting on the former. The acting looks fine? Lol. Wow

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winnuting

My crap is in the mail. You must have been a fan of blair witch 2. Or, you must like soap operas......I'm betting on the former. The acting looks fine? Lol. Wow

Never seen Blair witch 2 and I don't watch soap operas.
Just a fan of Scifi and don't mind low budget movies.

I don't think the few lines of dialog are enough to say the acting is bad.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Yea, this does look like cheap thrills with scary music.

Worked for Halloween but that was 30 years ago.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I find that trailers don't often picture how the full length movie is going to be. However, this just looks to me like yet another film that was filmed like blairwitch , cloverfield, paranormal activity etc. Allot of movies have this concept because it can give it's watchers a sense or realism that normal clean shot movies don't bring imo. No we have another to put on the list , Apollo 18.

Watching the trailer I personally don't think I'm going to like this movie. Maybe I'll wait a while to see what the raters at IMDB think of this.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Wolfcomplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The acting is really not fine, the art of acting in a mockumentary is incredible difficult, you really have to pay attention to every aspects of human behavior when filmed amateur style. One of the problems is for a realistic input, they hire actors nobody have seen before, and it often turns out there is a reason for just that

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

My god I am so sick of Hollywood and their latest scam "real footage," movies. Please tell me you dont think "Paranormal Activity," "The Fourth Kind" or "Blair Witch" are real or anyone other movie that has come out recently where they have "footage." It's total crap and a marketing ploy and it really pisses me off because then I spend my time on here having to tell people that no it's not real footage and even then when you show them it is a total lie they STILL want to believe it. I give up.

I will see this, only because I like anything that remotely has aliens in it

Mods shouldnt this be in movies?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Jeez, what is wrong with some people?
It's a sci-fi film, it's not supposed to be anything but something to watch. It doesn't even look all that bad.
As if the acting has anything to do with how much enjoyment you may or may not get, look at starship troopers, terrible acting and dialogue yet a brilliant film.
Who cares about the content either, if people are dumb enough to see this as anything more than a low budget sci-fi flick then fine, there is probably not much hope for them anyway.

Looks good.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Personally I love bad sci fi so even better!

I saw one movie and it was considered a B sci fi movie but honestly the acting was really good and so was the movie imo. I was surprised actually. It was called I believe, "Altered States." I could be wrong. It had to do with reptilians and this group of friends who had an encounter when they were younger and the being returned later on. It wasn't that bad.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Wow, this movie looks like a total turd. But isn't this about the time where we get a bunch of people coming in here trying to tell us that this stuff is being officially produced to softly prepare us for disclosure?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This looks like another crappy film for the gullible people like Paranormal Activity and The Fourth Kind.

The best part is they straight up lie in your face and say the footage is real, no it isn't.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Is this Dead Space the movie?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by pazcat

Personally I love bad sci fi so even better!

Exactly, bad sci-fi is practically a seperate genre in itself.
Look at 'Plan 9 from outerspace' which is widely considered the worst movie of all time. Personally I loved it and have seen many more movies that are worse.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Wow, the ego's on some people who seem to think everybody but themselves was "fooled" by Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity etc. Nearly every review and interview for those films always overstated the fake mockumentary style and use of handheld / reality style shooting, yes you would have to have been an idiot to think those things were real with all the details in the public domain advising the contrary

There's very little dialogue in this short , I don't know how anyone could make a judgement on the acting quality from this
On a personal note, I think it looks a hell of a lot cooler than all the romantic comedy crap and exceedingly disappointing comic book conversions being released lately - at least sci-fi is still being made and I'm thankful for that. We are living in a world where Firefly, Caprica, Enterprise , SG-Universe etc get cancelled due to lack of interest

edit on 19/2/11 by skonaz because: sigh

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Am I right in thinking this is part of the videos that were floating around of lost apollo missions where they supposedly dug up a woman and a couple of other ones.
If so viral marketing would do well to explain them.

www.ropeofsilicon.com...

edit on 19-2-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skonaz
Wow, the ego's on some people who seem to think everybody but themselves was "fooled" by Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity etc. Nearly every review and interview for those films always overstated the fake mockumentary style and use of handheld / reality style shooting, yes you would have to have been an idiot to think those things were real with all the details in the public domain advising the contrary

There's very little dialogue in this short , I don't know how anyone could make a judgement on the acting quality from this
On a personal note, I think it looks a hell of a lot cooler than all the romantic comedy crap and exceedingly disappointing comic book conversions being released lately - at least sci-fi is still being made and I'm thankful for that. We are living in a world where Firefly, Caprica, Enterprise , SG-Universe etc get cancelled due to lack of interest

Honestly SG-Universe, deserved to be canned, there was so much mela drama that it was nothing but a BSG slept with Star Trek Voyager bastard of a step child.

Its already the end of the series, and we are talking about a ship that has traversed the universe, and all we get is crappy space fights, 10secs of alien race, and nothing but crappy drama. Its like the writers sat down and asked themselves, how can we take a franchise and ef it up? BSG ended, they all wanted a piece of the BSG hype train, and rode the good name of SG to do it on, and ended up with a sham. I watched it only because it was SG, and i hoped every episode it would get better. There were a few good episodes, but i would say over half were crap, and if it wasnt for my hopes of a actual SG show i probably wouldnt have watched it.

Now back to the topic at hand. Isn't there footage of spaceships etc during the moonlandings and all that jazz? I for one look foward to it, and go into the film with a open mind. If i go into the film with a closed mind, am i just not the puppet that they want?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by skonaz

I totally agree! Did anyone else see this article about the movie? I pasted a snippet below...found or not, I'm excited to see this film. Like skonaz, I would rather watch this than another Katherine Heigl movie.

insidemovies.ew.com...
“People intrinsically know there are secrets being held from us,” explains Dimension head Bob Weinstein. “Look at WikiLeaks: There are secrets that are really true to the world. It’s not bogus.” Weinstein also balks at the idea that this is a work of fiction. “We didn’t shoot anything,” he says. “We found it. Found baby!” Uh huh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join