It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happened to the old fashined 50s way of life?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The issue doesn't lie with weather men respect women or women men. The question lies in the instict in of the huiman animal. The truth of the matter is we need to sleep arround. Both men and woman, it's in our nature. There is a reason why men hit their sexual peak at 18 and woman at 45. Being monogamus is unnatural.

Now that being said there are things we do as humans that it totaly unatural such as being monagamus and i for one preffer it. As far as the rarety of good, monogamus,caring men go the same can be said of women. And now a days more so women. It's as if the rolls of hunter has changed in the last decade. And caring has taken a backseat for some reason. It is a shame.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alysha.angel

Sounds like something you should ask on your facebook, not above top secret, this isn't breaking news or important. As time goes on things change, things are always changing and always will. It's just a part of life.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
The issue doesn't lie with weather men respect women or women men. The question lies in the instict in of the huiman animal. The truth of the matter is we need to sleep arround. Both men and woman, it's in our nature. There is a reason why men hit their sexual peak at 18 and woman at 45. Being monogamus is unnatural.

Now that being said there are things we do as humans that it totaly unatural such as being monagamus and i for one preffer it. As far as the rarety of good, monogamus,caring men go the same can be said of women. And now a days more so women. It's as if the rolls of hunter has changed in the last decade. And caring has taken a backseat for some reason. It is a shame.

what a crock of crap if i ever heard ...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have this conversation with my wife time from time. I always say that if I had a choice what era I would like to have start over, it would be the 50's. Not only because the stereotype of the man versus women responsibilities, but it just seemed to be a simpler more innocent time. Strong neighborhood communities, families spent more time together, the united states seemed to be more united. Going out to a movie was a special event, same with flying onto a vacation. The whole step ford wives thing is appealing as well, loved how women dressed too. You can see a lot of influence in today's psychobilly movement. Technology that we have now is nice, but I was promised it would be like the Jetsons when I turned 30.....sonz-a-bitches! Where's my flying car!?
Sorry if my rant went off topic.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
BTW the reason we were so well off then and the reason most women were able, if they wanted, to be homemakers was because of our tax rates then. The highest rates for the super rich was at right around 90%. You see when the government has lots of money the entire country benefits. Just the opposite is happening now. What little our government has is being wasted on stupid wars.

I'm not really buying that.

I think a lot had to do with "company towns" and then manufacturing moving off shore. People did not move around. They stayed with a company all their life - - and stayed in the town the company was in.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What has happened is very simple. Women have forgotten how to be women and men have forgotten how to be men. Watch commercials really closely. Men are emasculated and portrayed as morons or incompetents. Men, Man up, learn to be the alpha male again. That, more than anything, is what women respond to. And no that doesn't mean abusive. Find the woman who responds to that and go slowly from there. Men today are feminized and broken. Women are uncomfortable in the alpha position in a relationship. No relationship is ever 50/50 idealism aside. Read the bible's take on relationships and you will find a workable format for a lasting relationship.
Gotta go to work now so I'll check again tomorrow and see if I'm a pariha or not. Peace!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardA
What has happened is very simple. Women have forgotten how to be women and men have forgotten how to be men. Watch commercials really closely.

God I hate that term "Man Up"!

You mean Neanderthals evolved and women stood up for themselves as individuals?

That's how see it.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I agree, im only roughly eighteen but, i have felt like was born in the wrong time period/era pretty much all my life. everything was so much easier. really like this post glad to know im not alone!! big kudo's to you
edit on 20-2-2011 by covertPTB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigkev

Build a waybac machine and get the hell out of here then.

I call it nostalgia for a time period that never really existed (perhaps only in the minds of the wishful).

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RichardA

Actually, a relationship can be 50/50.

Don't look to the bible for relationship advice. I've seen plenty of "good" Christian marriages go belly-up, usually when the man was caught (literally) with his pants down.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i think the nostalia with the fifties is more about how we wish it was rather than the reality of how it was..leave it to beaver..it was not!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hey! My high school had a malt shop - - just like on Happy Days.

Of course it had to be closed and shut down in 1959 because of drugs.

Guess we're gonna have to go back to the early 50s for all that innocence. Oh wait - - in 1954 our local councilman was arrested for molesting young teen girls.

I grew up with 2 brothers in an all boy neighborhood - - - I was told I could be a Little League Cheerleader.

My friends sister was a really good trumpet player. She was not permitted to play in the school band - - because trumpets were a masculine instrument.

I had Jewish kids in my grade school - - but I never knew it. They knew their place and did the Christmas concerts right along with all us Christians.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

People were shown a little bit of fun and then we ran with it. People seen how great sex is when experienced with different people and we all just fell victim to lust.

My thoughts have brought me to this: All this fun, in example, television, clubs, bars, sex, drugs, alcohol, and etc. are given to us to make the lives of the government a LOT easier. You introduce diversity to the country and separate it so that no one will agree with another on the common good. Than if people wanted to dispute the government the government can turn people against the small group and eliminate the threat.

Now the small groups have gotten even smaller since we started getting liquor stores on every corner, clubs across the streets, a TV in every household, and the internet as well.

I also think that the internet will start the next revolution as seen in Egypt.

We are in the adolescent stage of evolution so who knows how long we will stay here for.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
To the OP: What you're lamenting is your loss of a domestic slave.

You don't want a woman, you want your mommy - grow a pair, grow up - preferably both.

Domestic slave? I bet you couldn't say that with a straight face in person. Why don't leftists ever acknowledge the hard working fathers of the traditional family? Studies show that married men make more money than single men and single women. Most married men have the drive to work very hard to provide for their families. Is it really so terrible for a working man to want to come home to a home cooked meal and clean house? The traditional gender roles are simply work specialization. I get SO sick of this "poor defensless housewife" attitude of liberals. It's insulting and unrealistic.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmonicNights

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
To the OP: What you're lamenting is your loss of a domestic slave.

You don't want a woman, you want your mommy - grow a pair, grow up - preferably both.

Domestic slave? I bet you couldn't say that with a straight face in person. Why don't leftists ever acknowledge the hard working fathers of the traditional family? Studies show that married men make more money than single men and single women. Most married men have the drive to work very hard to provide for their families. Is it really so terrible for a working man to want to come home to a home cooked meal and clean house? The traditional gender roles are simply work specialization. I get SO sick of this "poor defensless housewife" attitude of liberals. It's insulting and unrealistic.

FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE GET IT STRIAGHT IM A WOMAN A STRIAGHT WOMAN AT THAT.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

edit on 20-2-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

hey Nos how ya doing ? long time no see.....

nice video...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I took it down cause it turns out it's not from the 50's. I'll find something else though, hold on.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

No one thinks that the 50's were free of immorality. But it was certainly shunned to a greater extent rather than encouraged and glamorized like today. Wrong-doing wasn't flaunted. People weren't so thin-skinned and easily offended. I can't believe someone actually said women were thought of as being only good for "spreading their legs". You can't seriously believe that women were thought of as mere sex objects in the 50s when compared to TODAY. When watching films from that era, women were largely portrayed as sophisticated, confident, sexy (rather than trashy), level-headed individuals. It's the complete opposite today. Women are either portrayed as whores, bimbos, or emotional basket cases.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HarmonicNights

Well put! You nailed it...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join