It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Gary Federal :Anonymous hackers release 'decrypted version of Stuxnet worm' online: Security experts

page: 1
7

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Gary Federal :Anonymous hackers release 'decrypted version of Stuxnet worm' online: Security experts


truthdive.com

Washington, Feb 16 (ANI): US security experts have claimed that the computer hackers’ collective Anonymous has released a decrypted version of the Stuxnet worm that had affected Iran’s nuclear power program in December last year, online.

The ones and zeroes that make up the code called the Stuxnet worm, described as the most sophisticated cyberweapon ever created, were reportedly found when Anonymous volunteers hacked the servers of HB Gary Federal, a U.S. security company that sells investigative services to companies.

The attack was being carried out as revenge for claims by the co
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com
arstechnica.com




posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Following the newsbreak on Gary Federal creating virtual mobs on social networks potentially damaging our political process and using Rootkits to allow the government to spy on us without a warrant (linked below)... Now we find out that the source code for the Stuxnet virus was on their servers...

This group at Gary Federal seems to be out of control. A team of thugs who will sell their services to anyone ... with no oversight ... stealing rights of people.. criminal or not..



truthdive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark
 


I find it interesting that that article decries Anonymous actions for releasing this (which they begrudgingly admit is harmless at the article end after much innuendo that it could be harmful), but failing to note the ramifications that it was found on this companies files...

Fair and balanced reporting my rear-side.



posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark


Following the newsbreak on Gary Federal creating virtual mobs on social networks potentially damaging our political process and using Rootkits to allow the government to spy on us without a warrant (linked below)... Now we find out that the source code for the Stuxnet virus was on their servers...

This group at Gary Federal seems to be out of control. A team of thugs who will sell their services to anyone ... with no oversight ... stealing rights of people.. criminal or not..



truthdive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


The funny thing is reading it (the emails) from the start in 09 and watching aaron get so up himself he inevitably imploded.

I wasn't sure at first about how I felt... but man, this is the best drama ever, a smug self important nub who let his own ego best himself.

It's like watching a bully throw a punch and spin around to punch himself in the nose and then blame the nerd...




posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
I find it interesting that that article decries Anonymous actions for releasing this (which they begrudgingly admit is harmless at the article end after much innuendo that it could be harmful), but failing to note the ramifications that it was found on this companies files...

Fair and balanced reporting my rear-side.


Good point. Why was HBGary holding Stuxnet in the first place. Its more newsworthy to blame the hackers rather than focus on the idea that Stuxnet could have inadvertently caused a nuclear accidents of sorts.

I don't believe they developed the code, given its complexity and how inept this company appears to be with infosec, its almost a 180 degree turn. Stuxnet, from my readings, appears to be harmless outside of what it was designed to attack, namely Siemens devices and/or programmable logic controllers.

brill



posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Either anonymous is just a bunch of kids trying to understand their own world or either they had a purpouse for letting the script run free on the net.

I believe that they have not thought out the consequences of doing such a thing.... but then again maybe I am mistaken...



posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Considering the specifically tarted nature of Stuxnet, it is unlikely that it will harm anything other than what it was intended to harm.

OTH, what if you were able to map it's functions to target other types of systems?

I'm not a programmer, hell I don't even play one on TV, just a geek who reads a lot...



posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is why I think we should maybe chill out a bit when it comes to inventing horrible things. They seem to always get out and then we have to spend quadrillions trying to minimize the consequences.



posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boreas
This is why I think we should maybe chill out a bit when it comes to inventing horrible things. They seem to always get out and then we have to spend quadrillions trying to minimize the consequences.


Problem is its not known who created Stuxnet. It is highly likely it was a US/israeli creation but that has not been proven....yet.

brill



posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUnderCoverEd
Either anonymous is just a bunch of kids trying to understand their own world or either they had a purpouse for letting the script run free on the net.


What script are you referring to?
2nd

brill



new topics

top topics



 
7

log in

join