It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As violence escalates, Libya cuts off the Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

As violence escalates, Libya cuts off the Internet

www.computerworld.com

IDG News Service - With violence escalating, Libya is pulling the plug on its Internet connection.

Libya's main Internet service provider, General Post and Telecommunications Company, began to cut Internet access on Friday, said Earl Zmijewski, general manager with Internet monitoring company Renesys. "They started pulling the plug around 23:18 UTC today and are currently largely off the air," he said via e-mail. That was 1:18 a.m. Saturday, local time.

Libya appears to be taking its cue from Egypt, which cut off all Internet access at the end of January as it was roiled by street pro
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Another situation where they cut Internet.

It is strongly wrong to cut Internet access. It harms economy and now we can't see whole situation in Libya. They don't even let CNN to report from there. Situation might get more worse than in Egypt, more deaths. They estimate that already 84 people have died in protests. Libya is another really rich country with lot poor people, democracy must come there

www.computerworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

It shows that Libya is following in Egypt's footsteps and that government is weak. But cutting the internet is too late. Too many people on streets. They don't really need internet to organize anymore. I say regime in Libya will fall.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
As much as I sympathize for all these poor people world wide...

... I can't help having this awful suspicion this is a power grab by the globalists to overthrow governments not willing to play ball...

... i hope i'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

I hoping it doesn't get too bad for the Libyan people, but I am pessimistic. When governments cut communications it usually means a violent response.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

Gee that will be great to get rid of the terrorist Gaddafi! Get some lame government in there who is loyal to the US and sweet we will get all their oil and other natural resources! Cheap as well! You beauty!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I disagree. I would expect this to be yet another move by the muslim brotherhood to consilidate their growing power.

new topics

top topics

join