It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISRAEL NOT HAPPY - Is This The Spark

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Replace The UK with Argentina or Brazil.

The following nations are suspected with having nuclear weapons but no definitive proof exists confirming claims :

North Korea, Israel, Iran, Cuba, UAE.
edit on 22-2-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by Travlla

Egypt and Saudia Arabia are both nuclear hot as Egypt is one of the oldest nations on the planet as the Pyramids are amongst some of the oldest structures on the planet and were The Tallest Buildings In The World from about 5500BC/BCE - 1890 when they were dethroned by The Eifel Tower.

Plus both as well as Iran, Israel and Pakistan refuse to sign the recent Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty currently before The 23 member nation group known as The League Of Arab Nations. The UN is for it as well as the people on the planet and led to the recent Start Treaty recently declared between The US and Russia.

A nation without nukes would not have an issue with banning them.
edit on 22-2-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

lol Egypt is one of the first arab countries to sign the non-proliferation treaty. Egypt also done extensive work to persuading other countries to do the same. That is not to say however that egypt doesnt have nuclear ambitions of its own. Ever since the 70s there have been Research & Development in place for atomic stuff, all known and in the open and probably has its nuclear reactors at least thats what wiki says: en.wikipedia.org...

So Whether egypt has nuclear weapons is still in question, if it has USA would be already in the know and probably allowed in exchange for egypt's services or something like that. One egyptian guy in military intelligence a few years back once told me that there are nuclear weapons in egypt, but don't know how he knows for sure. Plus why would he be so blunt about it?

Originally posted by coolieno99

Originally posted by DuneKnight

And heres my Top 20 most powerful military in the world:

1. USA
2. China
3. Russia
4. UK
5. Israel
........ etc.

Might as well shoe-horn Hezbollah between 4th and 5th place, above Israel. This is base on Israel's poor showing during 2006 Lebanon War. To start with, Israel forces actually outnumbered Hezbollah forces by a 6-to-1 ratio. And IDF has tanks, artillery support, and jet fighters while Hezbollah has NONE. There's a number of theories explaining why IDF performed badly. Could it be that it lost its initiative and morale, on the first day of war, a Merkava tank struck a 500 lb anti-tank mine just 70 meters beyond its border. RIP to the ripped crew. How could it be that Israeli intelligence failed to spot Hezbollah laying a 500 lb anti-tank mine just 70 meters beyond its border? Another case is that Israeli Air Force panicked in its bombing campaign. There are at least 600 Hezbollah bunkers, many of them hidden and many are decoys. IAF went about in a frantic manner trying to locate and bomb them. After 10 days of frantic bombing, IAF nearly depleted its inventory of bombs, and has to ask U.S. for re-supply. But that still did not stop Hezbollah's continous, daily rocket firings. IDF got desperate and started bombing civilian targets in central Lebanon, and fleeing refugees - out of sheer frustration of being unable to locate the majority of 600 hidden bunkers. Its armour column didn't fare much better. It was stopped cold by Hezbollah missile crews (firing Anti-Tank Guided Missiles) just 5 miles beyond the border, about 15 miles short of its goal, the Litani River. In the first Lebanon War, IDF took just 2 days to reach the Litani River. But in this war it was held in check for 34 days, and then IDF called it quits. This was Israel's longest war it fought; 34 days. Someone said that IDF cannot absorbed casualties, and if the fightings last longer than 3 months there would be mass desertions.
edit on 2/21/2011 by coolieno99 because: (no reason given)

I Should then list Taliban, Viet-cong, etc. These are asymmetric warfares and is not a great way to measure the power of the military. Israel is more advanced period, Hezbollah are just rebels with RPGs who use civilians as shields. And Hezbollah could never invade Israel but Israel can invade Lebanon. And Israel was trying to minimize civilian deaths but Hezbollah does the opposite. Its just a different war, it would just be easier for Israel to level the whole place but they chose not to for obvious reasons.
edit on 22-2-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Israel Thinks about taking other country's lands just like they did in Palestine

and why they don't negotiate : they feel they are so higher than other nations.

I think when half of whole globe was against us and our revolution and we was invaded

it is some kind of wining ' not to lose '

I think every one knows that Saddam was help by Arabia , Germany , France , America , Russia

and most of our neighbor countries.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Here are two facts that without a shadow of doubt proves that Israel isn't as hot militarially as big as people claim :

1. When The US told Israel it would not back their play when they first struck Hezbolalh unprovoked they showed true and genuine fear.

2. When Russia backed Iran they got even more scared and showed more fear.

Prior to these two events Israel walked around like their yap didn't stink but when these two plays were done they showed real fear when they got a reality cheque.

If their military was as dominant as people are claiming it is then they would have no reason to show fear.

Israel is like the schoolyard bully who picks on whoever they want and no one's got the cahonnas to tell them "NO!".

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Israel is like the schoolyard bully who picks on whoever they want and no one's got the cahonnas to tell them "NO!".

Many speak out against Israel in the UN but nearly every vote is vetoed by the good old USA....
But then Israel has never tried the bully boy tactics with a decent military force..
They usually use their power over the US/UN to impose sanctions on any percieved threat..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, that's just perfect.

Such a scholar.

Such logic!

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but upon creation in 1948-49, this new nation with no army, no armor, and no air force, was invaded by a coalition of troops from Lebanon, the palestinians from the West Bank, Syria, Iraq, Transjordan, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.

Rather than be wiped out as the goal was stated, Israel barely won, and ended up with more territory than it started with.

More or less the same in 1967. Egypt moved its divisions into the Sinai toward the Israeli border after stating that they would destroy Israel, and force the buffer force of UN troops out of their way, Jordan likewise threatened all sorts of destruction, and Syria really stepped it up after firing indiscriminately on Israeli farmers below the Syrian Heights.

Here's where your genius is absolutely astounding! Israel was vastly outnumbered in total men, tanks, artillery pieces, trucks, aircraft, and any category you wish to examine.

Look again at what happened in 1973.

When you say Israel hasn't had any quality opponents, or a serious military force, do you just reach around, stick your hand down the back of your pants, and pull things out of your anterior cavity?

I mean, how much education do you have?

Ever even see a history book?

Ever desire to learn anything about what you are going to be discussing?

I can't believe you actually have internet where you live! Do they have to pump in sunshine?

Any idea on what year it is?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Keep feeding the jokes...
Laughter is good..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Just as I thought.

Right over his head, folks.

A prime example of a Jew hater - often characterized with a limited education.

Israel won't have to do anything here, as I think it's in the interest of the US Navy to intercede, and inspect.

Just so things don't get out of hand.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Many speak out against Israel in the UN but nearly every vote is vetoed by the good old USA....
But then Israel has never tried the bully boy tactics with a decent military force..
They usually use their power over the US/UN to impose sanctions on any percieved threat..

To be honest i believe the whole veto thing in the UN should be given the ass,
Yeah the US veto's sanctions against Israel,but then Russia vetoed the sanctions against Zimbabwe and China did the same in relation to Sudan didn't they,

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

To be honest i believe the whole veto thing in the UN should be given the ass,
Yeah the US veto's sanctions against Israel,but then Russia vetoed the sanctions against Zimbabwe and China did the same in relation to Sudan didn't they,

Couldn't agree more..

Make the UN democratic by abolishing ALL veto powers or start a new world body..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

Such a scholar.

Such logic!

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but upon creation in 1948-49, this new nation with no army, no armor, and no air force, was invaded by a coalition of troops from Lebanon, the palestinians from the West Bank, Syria, Iraq, Transjordan, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.

Rather than be wiped out as the goal was stated, Israel barely won, and ended up with more territory than it started with.

More or less the same in 1967. Egypt moved its divisions into the Sinai toward the Israeli border after stating that they would destroy Israel, and force the buffer force of UN troops out of their way, Jordan likewise threatened all sorts of destruction, and Syria really stepped it up after firing indiscriminately on Israeli farmers below the Syrian Heights.

Here's where your genius is absolutely astounding! Israel was vastly outnumbered in total men, tanks, artillery pieces, trucks, aircraft, and any category you wish to examine.

When you say Israel hasn't had any quality opponents, or a serious military force, do you just reach around, stick your hand down the back of your pants, and pull things out of your anterior cavity?

I can't believe you actually have internet where you live! Do they have to pump in sunshine?

Israel had the militarial back of the US and without it would've gotten crushed within hours. We gave them weapons and arms long before the 1967 conflict and dating to the 1940's.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

Such a scholar.

Such logic!

Perhaps it is you that needs an education, did you ever ask yourself WHY Israel won those wars? I can guarantee it wasn't because of sheer luck or determination it was the supply of vastly Superior weapons supplied by ... that's right the good ol' US of A especially in the Small arms department.

This in a time when small arms more or less decided the battle with infantry because unless the opposing army was bunched up or they were slow moving objects like tanks or trains or buildings strafing runs n infantry were pretty useless.

And comparing a 40's war to the situation today is a HUGE fail i mean that's like saying "well how did germany manage to influence all those people and defend berlin so well?" it's a leading question that is leading into the false answer of "because their race was Superior" and yes the nazi's were creating their own race blonde hair blue eyes... Sound familiar?

In either case the biased argument that you present is nothing short of ignorant at best. and at worst a denial of the facts that you advocate we "read in history books" the phrase "history is written by the winners" could not be more apt here

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Israel also has experience, the other arab countries havent been in a war for a long time.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
Israel also has experience, the other arab countries havent been in a war for a long time.

Of cource they do..
Because Israel is the BEST at starting wars..

I their short history just look at how many they have started...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Didn't Israel just shut down Iran's nuke program with a computer virus.

This is beyond embarrassing for Iran. Who knows at what level Israel software viruses are capable of assuming control of Iranian control systems.

Israel might be able to take over Iranian ships, point the guns at the decks, and sink Iranian ships right under their men.

The Israelis might shake a few tree branches and pound on their chests a few times, but that would be more showing some diplomatic respect towards Iran. You know behind closed doors they are still laughing.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I want Iran to Rickroll Israel.

Yeah and I want Israel to "Wipe Iran off the map"! Be careful what you wish for! Israel and her allies will smash Iran into oblivion! Long live Israel & her allies! to bad you are on the losing side with the terrorists!

the trouble with an idiot is you have to go down to there level to debate and then they beat you with experience...

kx

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Didn't Israel just shut down Iran's nuke program with a computer virus.

This is beyond embarrassing for Iran. Who knows at what level Israel software viruses are capable of assuming control of Iranian control systems. ...

The Stuxnet virus damaged about 10% of Natanz's (Iran) 9,000 centrifuge units. But they were replaced within a 6-month period. Now the Natanz uranium-enrichment plant is running at full speed.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

Gee, another Ph.D. in history. Do you guys ever actually CHECK any facts?

Or just repeat by rote, crap you either just want to believe, or heard from some guy who spent five years in the third grade?

In the 1948-49 War when Israel was attacked by a major coalition of Arab nations all around them, they bought used surplus crap from Czechoslovakia. Don't get me wrong, Czech stuff is world class, but this was NOT provided by the US - so there goes one of your premises.

In the 1967 War, take the Egyptian Air Force. It was about the same size as the Israeli Air Force, but Egyptian aircraft were more modern - almost all of Soviet origin. 130 of the latest MiG-21 fighters, 80 MiG-19's, 180 of the earlier MiG-17's and MiG-15's, 20 SU-7 fighter-bombers, 30 TU-16 reconnaissance bombers, and about 40 Ilyushin-28's. Basically, the Egyptian Air Force had fifty more planes than Israel, and more modern.

Egypt had some 1200 tanks, 200 self-propelled guns, 1200 armored personnel carriers, and over a thousand conventional guns. The 450 T-34's of Egypt was upgunned, 300 T-54's, and 200 T-55's. They included JS-3's with the 120mm gun, 90 American Shermans, 30 Centurions20 AMX-13's, SU-100's, JSWU-152's, ASU-57's, and assorted other items.

The Israelis had some 250 British Centurions, 200 M-48 Pattons, 150 AMX-13's, and 200 Israeli modified "Super" Shermans.

Israeli manpower was 264,000 men versus 240,000 Egyptians, 12,000 Lebanese, 105,000 Syrians, 75,000 Iraqis, 58,000 Jordanians, and 50,000 Saudis for a total of 540,000 versus 264,000 Israelis.

Israelis were outnumbered in manpower by twice over.

Tanks. 1180 Egyptian, 130 Lebanese, 550 Syrian, 630 Iraqi, 200 Jordanian, and 100 Saudi for a total of 2,790 versus 800 Israeli tanks.

Aircraft. 450 Egyptian, 35 Lebanese, 120 Syrian, 200 Iraqi, 30 Jordanian, and 40 Saudi for a total of 875 Arab versus 400 Israeli.

Each time, Israel had inferior numbers and inferior equipment.

You're not going to rewrite factual history with your outright lies and misrepresentations.

Some of us here got past the third grade.

Syria had more than 120 Soviet aircraft. 500 Soviet tanks, most of them T-34 and T-54's.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
After doing much research around the Palestine and Israel debate... I believe that Israel is the criminal and Palestine the victim...

This topic is in a complete standstill. People know the atrocities Israel is doing and are pro-Palestine/anti-Israel (No not #ing anti-semitic). People who defend Israel are not going to stop. There are those in the middle that can be saved by truth and evidence, but thats hard to accomplish when the media paints Islam worse than it is along with AIPAC's and ADL's existence.

You all can keep your stupid ass comments. Freedom of speech. But when it comes down to it, everyone is guilty.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yeah, the Jordanians - who now like to be called Palestinians - picked the wrong side in 1948-49, and then the West Bank was lost by Jordan to Israel.

Every international boundary has been determined for force.

Unfortunately for 'rabs, every single time Israel gets attacked, they win and end up with additional territory.

Apparently, meant to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join