It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vetoes UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

This might help you to understand my perspective.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The American government is corrupt, simple as. A lot of people wanted Obama to be the change he said he was, but those of us in the UK who went through the whole Blair PM stuff and his own 'change' saw what was coming to an extent.

Looks like Obama is just the same as the rest when it comes down to it. He might actually be a decent guy and different, but the system he's working with just won't allow any real change. Or he's just the same, who knows.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This might help you to understand my perspective.

I already know your perspective..

You are of the "Israel can do no wrong" crowd..
It's ALWAYS the other guys fault..
Them ragheads are to blame...

Attacking the Liberty was merely an accident..

I know your perspective all too well..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

What is it with people putting down bias?

You only call bias when it doesn't jive with your own bias.

Or is your opinion on the matter the only one that counts?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
sorry, quoted by accident instead of editing.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I don't believe the USS Liberty was an accident.

I don't agree with everything that Israel does.
I just see things from a different point of view.
I know the nature of the Islamic enemy the
Western World and Israel faces and I stand against it.

Oh, and I don't use derogatory terms like "rag head".

That's for idiots.
edit on 19-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

What is it with people putting down bias?
You only call bias when it doesn't jive with your own bias.
Or is your opinion on the matter the only one that counts?

Me bias??
I don't recall telling you that you don't understand..

So tell me, what have Israel done that's wrong? Liberty? Floatilla incident?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Definition of the word bias:
dictionary.reference.com...

a particular tendency or inclination, especially one that prevents unprejudiced consideration of a question; prejudice.

Like Nazism I understand enough about the enemy we face to not simply accept the leftist notion that Israel is always the one at fault either.

So I am biased against Islamic organizations like Hamas.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Nice how you dodge direct questions about Israeli actions..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

You must have missed This post

The flotilla incident, while heavy handed, is understandable from a military point of view.

You've imposing a blockade and bunch of hippies try to burst past it to deliver something the Israeli military has not inspected. Also consider that the occupants of that boat attacked Israeli forces the second they set foot on the boat in the middle of a military operation run by Israel...

They were lucky they weren't sunk.

I know you want the world to work in perfect harmony where everyone gets along and sings songs next to the camp fire, so do I, but life ain't like that

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Yes I did miss that post, sorry..

I don't believe the USS Liberty was an accident.

So you agree that Israel cleary attacked an unarmed US ship killing US sailors?

I don't agree with everything that Israel does.
I just see things from a different point of view.
I know the nature of the Islamic enemy the
Western World and Israel faces and I stand against it.

What exactly is this Islamic threat and what have they done?

Oh, and I don't use derogatory terms like "rag head".
That's for idiots.

No, not in such words but it's obvious you believe they are a grouped enemy worthy of your wraith..
I'm interested in knowing why..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The USS Liberty was a string of communication and identification errors made in the heat of battle. It's one of those unfortunate things that happens now and then, a blue on blue.

I've been shot at by my own side and know just how easy it can happen.

Irregardless, that matter is off-topic and maybe the basis for another thread. BackinBlack is really good at throwing as much crap as he can throw, hoping something will stick.

The land is Israeli land, and if they want to build on it, let someone stop them.

You don't like it? Take your butt over there, pick up an AK and have at it!

Don't let anything but fear stop you.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
The USS Liberty was a string of communication and identification errors made in the heat of battle. It's one of those unfortunate things that happens now and then, a blue on blue.
I've been shot at by my own side and know just how easy it can happen.
Irregardless, that matter is off-topic and maybe the basis for another thread. BackinBlack is really good at throwing as much crap as he can throw, hoping something will stick.
The land is Israeli land, and if they want to build on it, let someone stop them.
You don't like it? Take your butt over there, pick up an AK and have at it!
Don't let anything but fear stop you.

Ahh the voice of reason...
I wish we had an ignore button...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The point is that the US openly states to the world that these settlements are criminal and are the major block to any negotiations between Palestine and Israel.

Yet when the opportunity arises for a Global resolution the US vetoes it.

More shame for the US.

Laughing stock of the world.

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Its just what the US does best: # things up!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
The point is that the US openly states to the world that these settlements are criminal and are the major block to any negotiations between Palestine and Israel.

Yet when the opportunity arises for a Global resolution the US vetoes it.
More shame for the US.
Laughing stock of the world.
Cosmic...

Worse, they even tried to bribe Israel to stop the illegal settlements remember?
Imagine offering money/jets to get someone to stop doing something you deem illegal..
It's like paying a Bank Robber not to rob a bank..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Israel won the land fair and square only after telling Jordan in 1967 that if Jordan didn't attack, Israel would leave them alone. ....

Jordan lost the land, and now it belongs to Israel. So why shouldn't they be able to build on it?

Everyone lives on land that belonged to another people at some point in the past, and your current borders were determined at some point in the past by warfare.

You do have a point, In the end, it's military might that have the final say. But as they say, " The sword can cut both ways". Let's see, During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times. One of the longest rule in recent times was held by the Ottoman Turks from 1517 to 1917. It was the British who captured Palestine(and the city of Jerusalem) from the Turks in the latest episode. Actually the Jews should thank the British for doing so, because the British lost 18,000 men in this campaign. It's very doubtful, the Jews can defeat the Turks. The question is, Can the Jews hold onto Israel(Palestine) for another 400 years like the Ottoman Turks? Especially Israel is surrounded by 100 million hostile Arabs.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

coolie, just for the record, I think the Israelis will be kicked out of Jerusalem one more time.

I think Israel has some really bad days ahead of them with major casualties.

I also think about then, Baghdad will disappear as will Amman, the population of the West Bank, and for a certainty - Gaza.

All this is going to end up causing millions and millions of lives. The Israelis will suffer, but it's the others who will perish in the mass destruction.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by coolieno99

coolie, just for the record, I think the Israelis will be kicked out of Jerusalem one more time.
I think Israel has some really bad days ahead of them with major casualties.
I also think about then, Baghdad will disappear as will Amman, the population of the West Bank, and for a certainty - Gaza.
All this is going to end up causing millions and millions of lives. The Israelis will suffer, but it's the others who will perish in the mass destruction.

I think If Israel stopped the settlements and even gave some back, then recognized Palistine as a state and lifted the blockades..
They would last a lot longer..

Of course you saying MILLIONS will die infers Israel useing nukes, which I have no doubt they would..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Hamas, an MB created organization that wishes only the destruction of Israel and the Jewish people, are the enemy Israel faces.

You seem to think that these poor little Arabs are just being bullied around, when in fact, you don't understand Islamic extremism in the slightest.

The Palestinians are being bullied around, they aren't asking for all of Israel - the Palestinian people themselves just want to be able to be able to live in reasonable conditions where they have the opportunity to pursue a fair quality of life. This, as a whole, has nothing to do with Islamic extremism and everything to do with the manner in which Israel has conducted its activities over the past 60 years. Besides, Hamas are insignificantly and ridiculously weak compared to Israel's military, they will never ever ever ever be able to pose a true threat to Israel - giving Israel the victim card here is ludicrous.

If Israel wasn't so harsh, they wouldn't have radicalised so many Palestinians into supporting Hamas in the first place. If anything, Hamas' existence works in their favour, an ant that they can crush with no effort whatsoever but one that bites them from time to time and gives them an excuse to spray pesticide all over the entire ants' nest. If Hamas didn't exist, they'd have no excuses left. That's another reason to treat the Palestinians inhumanely, or straight out of the horse's mouth - "to keep the Gazan economy on the brink of collapse without quite pushing it over the edge.” Source

All religions lay claim to Jerusalem, however at the moment the Israeli government are the main, and only, offenders when it comes to the 'God has promised us Israel' act. Isn't that the highest form of extremism? Believing that they are entitled to all of Israel, because the Torah says so?

Doesn't seem that you understand Zionist extremism all that much!
edit on 19-2-2011 by arollingstone because: spelling

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join