It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vetoes UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by backinblack

What UN resolutions were used as an excuse? And under what resolutions were the US using to bomb Iraq continuously since 1991?

You should go back and look at the timeline from a NON biased source.

Huh

I said Bush went against the UN..
There was no UN resolution allowing the attack..
Bush just twisted the wording to fit his agenda...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

UN resolution 1441
en.wikipedia.org...

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 is a United Nations Security Council resolution adopted unanimously by the United Nations Security Council on November 8, 2002, offering Iraq under Saddam Hussein "a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations" that had been set out in several previous resolutions (Resolution 660, Resolution 661, Resolution 678, Resolution 686, Resolution 687, Resolution 688, Resolution 707, Resolution 715, Resolution 986, and Resolution 1284). [1]
Resolution 1441 stated that Iraq was in material breach of the ceasefire terms presented under the terms of Resolution 687. Iraq's breaches related not only to weapons of mass destruction (WMD), but also the known construction of prohibited types of missiles, the purchase and import of prohibited armaments, and the continuing refusal of Iraq to compensate Kuwait for the widespread looting conducted by its troops during the 1991 invasion and occupation. It also stated that "...false statements or omissions in the declarations submitted by Iraq pursuant to this resolution and failure by Iraq at any time to comply with, and cooperate fully in the implementation of, this resolution shall constitute a further material breach of Iraq's obligations."

UN resolution 1441 was the excuse Bush used. As well as other reports by Hans Blix and other inspectors who could not confirm that all chemical and biological weapons had been destroyed.

So as you can see, whether official or not, International Law is used to impose regulations on sovereign nations, by force if necessary. It is a global dictatorship, and, quite frankly, the US should pull out of the UN and bulldoze the UN building and build a parking lot.

At the same time we should pull Israel under our nuclear umbrella and stop policing the world altogether.
edit on 19-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

UN resolution 1441 was the excuse Bush used. As well as other reports by Hans Blix and other inspectors who could not confirm that all chemical and biological weapons had been destroyed.

So as you can see, whether official or not, International Law is used to impose regulations on sovereign nations, by force if necessary. It is a global dictatorship, and, quite frankly, the US should pull out of the UN and bulldoze the UN building and build a parking lot.

At the same time we should pull Israel under our nuclear umbrella and stop policing the world altogether.

Yes, as I said Bush twisted the wording..
There was much talk before that resolution..Many were against it until the US etc assured them it would NOT be used as an excuse for war..
The US then went back on that deal..History....
Israel will not go under the US nuclear umbrella because they will never allow anyone to know their nuclear position...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I think Israel should declare it's nuclear arsenal, and not hide it. But being who they are and in the positions they're in, I don't think they should give those nukes up.

But back to the settlements:

Settlements would be an easier issue if every time a bit of news makes it out some jihadist nutjob didn't sabotage the peace talks by blowing up a cafe or kidnapping an Israeli soldier.

Personally, I'd wipe out Hamas occupy Gaza and force everyone to live by the rules..Pick up a gun and shoot in my direction and you die. Simple as that. I don't believe in politicizing war. War ain't nice. It's effing war.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Prior to that much of that area was being governed by Sumerians who built the city of Ur where Abraham THE Abraham of the bible came from.

What? do you claim that the ancient city-state of UR was located in Israel?

I don't understand why you're saying this since this is not correct!

Ancient Ur was located near modern-time Tell el-Muqayyar in today's Iraq.

Yeah that's right! Ur was the birthplace of the patriarch Abram - Abraham (Arabic:Ibrahim) came from a coastal city near the mouth of the Euphrates River in IRAQ.

He was NOT from any area where modern day Israel is located.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Chevalerous because: text error

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Settlements would be an easier issue if every time a bit of news makes it out some jihadist nutjob didn't sabotage the peace talks by blowing up a cafe or kidnapping an Israeli soldier.

Personally, I'd wipe out Hamas occupy Gaza and force everyone to live by the rules..Pick up a gun and shoot in my direction and you die. Simple as that. I don't believe in politicizing war. War ain't nice. It's effing war.

Israel doesn't want peace..That's well proven..
And you wish to "wipe out" a democraticaly elected party?
Then I guess you also carry on about what Iran supposidly said about Israel..

I sense some hypocricy in you..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

No that's not what i said. I said much of that region was ruled by Sumerians who built the city of Ur. Which incidentally have very similar creation stories to that of the Hebrew.

For instance:

Sumerian Influence in the Region

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Democratically elected party huh..

Hamas might be democratically elected, but their goal is to keep perpetual war with Israel. The Nazi party was also democratically elected...I guess under that logic we should have left the Germans alone.

Not to mention the fact that the Muslim Brotherhood created Hamas, and if you aren't paying attention, the MB is a Jihadist organization that has famous members like Ayman al-Zawahiri, who incidentally, happens to be an Egyptian calling for Hamas to impose Shari'a Law in Gaza(and bin Laden's number 2).

Hamas is NOT a good organization.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
how long are they seriously gonna keep this crap up? they're just asking for mass protests aren't they?

Until King Solomans temple is rebuilt and Jesus Returns, No Seriously.
That's what it's all about. This might take Forever and then some, so what you goona do, Oy Vey.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Forcing everyone in Gaza to live by the rules would be forcing everyone to agree to being kicked out their houses in the middle of the night and replaced with Israeli citizens without any compensation, being beaten, killed and tear gassed for voicing dissent about this, agreeing to live in poverty and slowly being forced into refugee camps (amongst other factors). War is never fair, but this is not a war. This is the forceful prolonged occupation of a virtually disabled region by a military superpower, whose massive military and economic advantages are constantly increased by the indifference and support of the international community (especially the US, however many countries are guilty). Why make it even more unfair? Israel don't need anyones help anymore and they've proven their point, why are they being so persistent with this UltraZionist agenda? It is so unreasonable, severely inhumane actually, to push the Palestinians into smaller and smaller regions and refugee camps. Gaza is already one of the most densely populated area on the planet!

The settlements are mostly illegal, it would also be a much easier issue if countries led by individuals with conflicts of interests would man up and draw the line instead of standing back and virtually saying "hey we know he can be a bit of a naughty boy sometimes, but he's our boy". Although they're not a good organisation, Hamas hardly cause any Israeli casualties - most of the ones they do hurt are government or military officials and soldiers. Compare this to how many Palestinians die not just sporadically under the occupation, but en masse whenever Israel decides to use Hamas' actions as an opportunity to just go ballistic and bomb the hell out of Gaza. Remember how many children died the last time they did that? Hundreds. But hey, killing kids ain't even a thang to the IDF, they've got good practice.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So the US won't mind if Mexicans start building Villas in Nevada.

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I think Israel should declare it's nuclear arsenal, and not hide it.

They can't do that. Know why? Because it would violate many treaties and national laws in the US, France, Britain, Norway and South Africa, all who helped Israel get the bomb. It would mean the end of US aid to Israel and lots of people in jail in all those countries... in a world where law is respected... so it wouldn't happen probably.

A few laws in the US : Nuclear Non-Proliferation Act of 1978, section 669 of the Foreign Assistance Act, the 1976 Symington amendment and the 1985 Solarz amendment.

Anyway, the PA is calling for an emergency meeting at the UN, which COULD override the US veto on the resolution.

PA to call urgent UN session over settlement resolution veto

Sources in the Foreign Ministry said the Palestinian ambassador to the United Nations, Riyad Mansour, is looking into the possibility of invoking General Assembly resolution 377 from 1950. That resolution states that an emergency General Assembly session can be called within 24 hours to circumvent the veto of a Security Council resolution.

That would be neat.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
So the US won't mind if Mexicans start building Villas in Nevada.

Cosmic...

Yeah because that's the crux of the issue in Israel...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Nope, that's the crux of US hypocrisy.

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

You wanna expand upon that?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Democratically elected party huh..

Hamas might be democratically elected, but their goal is to keep perpetual war with Israel. The Nazi party was also democratically elected...I guess under that logic we should have left the Germans alone.

Not to mention the fact that the Muslim Brotherhood created Hamas, and if you aren't paying attention, the MB is a Jihadist organization that has famous members like Ayman al-Zawahiri, who incidentally, happens to be an Egyptian calling for Hamas to impose Shari'a Law in Gaza(and bin Laden's number 2).

Hamas is NOT a good organization.

What a crock of twisted little bits you throw in..

Israel is the one that doesn't want peace because to them, that's all the excuse they need to impose inhumane sanctions and steal more land..
That's it in a nutshell and I DON"T need to bring in Hitler or Sharia law to cloud the FACTS...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Cosmic4life

You wanna expand upon that?

US hypocricy could be that their law clearly states they can NOT give aid to any nuclear armed country that is not a party to the NPT..
They turn a blind eye to Israel's nyclear program yet are Israel's little biatch when it comes to actions against Iran etc..

Hypocricy....

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Hamas, an MB created organization that wishes only the destruction of Israel and the Jewish people, are the enemy Israel faces.

You seem to think that these poor little Arabs are just being bullied around, when in fact, you don't understand Islamic extremism in the slightest.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
For those that don't know this is almost completely routine for the US : www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

AIPAC is probably to blame for most of it. (America Israel Public Affairs Committee.)

www.aipac.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Hamas, an MB created organization that wishes only the destruction of Israel and the Jewish people, are the enemy Israel faces.

You seem to think that these poor little Arabs are just being bullied around, when in fact, you don't understand Islamic extremism in the slightest.

How dare you say I don't understand!!!
Are you smarter than me?
Do you know more than me?

I find you extemely bias..And insulting doesn't become any ATS member...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join