It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vetoes UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by backinblack

Maybe it isn't the tiny little nation that has power over the US. Maybe we have a vested interest in protecting Israel as a Judeo Christian nation..

Dunno... I think I've made more than a satisfactory factual presentation as to why the US supports Israel.

It is what it is. And I, personally, support it.

The US has to borrow money to support an Israel that has little debt..
How is that fair to US tax payers??

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

We send Israel roughly 2 billion in various forms of aid per year. A DROP in the bucket of the budget and supported by most in the US.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by trumpetthief1

Oh yeah..it's all from Glenn Beck.

I couldn't possibly have my own opinion..

I read many sources and have actually done my homework:

What al-Qaida Really Wants

And then there's this post from another thread:

Yeah...I didn't do any research or anything.

I saw a Glenn beck special covering exactly what you said, my apologies if it was your own opinion. Also, I never said you didn't do your research, I just wondered if your sources were from where I thought they were.

I will read those in good depth in a few minutes, but before that I still want to respond saying that in order to even make such broad judgements about a 'muslim movement' in the Middle East, you have to understand the different sects. It goes deeper than Sunni and Shiite I'm afraid, and they are not going to 'team up' to take down Israel either. Muslim sects have enough violence amongst themselves, and there is absolutely NO unified movement going, if that is what the claims are. If not, my apologies, and I will read up on them. And research or no research, extravagant claims about the Caliphate using a mix between lines from the Quran and "ayatollahs" (I haven't read your posts yet so if this isn't in there my apologies) spouting a Muslim movement never ever takes into account what would ACTUALLY happen, much like the "zionist conspiracy" claims are usually baseless and manipulate a few facts to make a big point.

The main thing is, just as many Muslims use the idea of a zionist regime to further their agendas, the mainstream media in America can use the idea of the Caliphate and "crush Israel movement" to push the idea that mooslims are taking over the world and are gonna be super successful 'cause of birth rates etc. etc. etc. Both are absolutely baseless, no matter how much you want to argue otherwise, because there are so many different factors to acknowledge. I will fully agree though, that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a crazy psycho who most likely wants more. So an idea to Israel would be to STOP MAKING THEMSELVES LOOK LIKE THE BADGUYS. Honestly if it weren't for settlement bull# and every other recent Israeli thing done that should be labelled as a terorist attack, Iran's bs would be very very clear.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

We send Israel roughly 2 billion in various forms of aid per year. A DROP in the bucket of the budget and supported by most in the US.

BS, more than double that..
I still say ask the average american if they support it and you will get a negative answer...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
What does this vote really mean? It is the loss of US influence in the region. The US is the only country that can really create and force Israel's compliance. Instead it has chosen to be an enabler of war criminals. Israel is now a disaster waiting to happen. You can not stop technology and the nuclear cat is already out of the bag. Two maybe three bombs and the country is destroyed. And to all you fundies, no Jesus will not save them and no you will not be raptured. If a group really wanted the destruction of Jews, what better way is there to achieve this? Why not encourage them all to move there? This way you have them all in one spot when the annihilation happens.
If you don't want peace look forward to the fire.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I'm well aware of the differences between Sunni, Shia, Wahabis, and others...But the enemy of my enemy is my friend seems to be the way forward here. And several of these Kalifa and Mahdi oriented Muslim groups are in control, and they have been networking.

edit on 19-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Okay, having read your post, the Muslim Brotherhood argument was pretty damn true. However, Sharia Law has been instated in Egypt for quite a while, and aside from that, it's the implementation of it that is most important. If you zone in on a few extreme laws, then of course, you have a problem. But you cannot jump to those conclusions from the amazing amount of possibilities. The laws that are focused, and neglected, etc. No one nation can EVER have a perfect representation of the Quran, it's simply impossible.

As well, the people are fighting for a secular government more than anything it seems.

And the Adolf Hitler/Muslim Brotherhood thing just thrown at the end didn't really help much at all. You took some pretty fair information but just twisted it to make big claims that really cannot and should not be made, considering I could take that same information (and seperate information about the MB and how they are not as extreme as made out to be, their website as an example) to make such big claims. And obviously I wouldn't do that 'cause it's just as unreliable.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I'm well aware of the differences between Sunni, Shia, Wahabis, and others...But the enemy of my enemy is my friend seems to be the way forward here. And several of these Kalifa and Mahdi oriented Muslim groups are in control, and they have been networking.

A few Imams of Mosques calling for the fall of Egypt an/or Caliphate is not nearly enough. And sadly, most Muslims have more venom for different sects than Israel, something I have experienced first hand. I'm not going to lie and say that there is no threat to Israel, clearly there is, but it's not black and white. Just as it isn't a supreme zionist movement that has been planned by the Jews, it is pretty much just as ridiculous to claim a huge Muslim movement from proof that may suggest some agression, albeit not on the scale that the media seems to blow it up to.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

You should read that last thread.

You'd be surprised what you find.

Israel is surrounded by enemies
those who are not apparent today
will make themselves known tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

You should read that last thread.

You'd be surprised what you find.

Israel is surrounded by enemies
those who are not apparent today
will make themselves known tomorrow.

Yeah, so lets attack them before they attack us, right??
That's the normal Israeli way and then they merely alter history to suit..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

If Iran unveils a nuke tomorrow, it will be in the form of a Mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv.

How do I know this? Because Ahmedinejad is a 12er. He wants to hasten the return of the Mahdi. And there's only one way to do that.

I suggest some research on it.

I'm hoping for a revolt backed by the US in Iran that removes the Mahdi loving nutjobs and reforms their government for something saner.

I don't pray for war..But if it comes to me I know what side I'm on. I won't live under Islamic law, and my guess is you wouldn't either.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

If Iran unveils a nuke tomorrow, it will be in the form of a Mushroom cloud over Tel Aviv.

How do I know this? Because Ahmedinejad is a 12er. He wants to hasten the return of the Mahdi. And there's only one way to do that.

I'm hoping for a revolt backed by the US in Iran that removes the Mahdi loving nutjobs and reforms their government for something saner.

I don't pray for war..But if it comes to me I know what side I'm on. I won't live under Islamic law, and my guess is you wouldn't either.

Yet Israel has the Sampson option which spares no one..
OK....

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Indeed..So one would have to be suicidal to use a nuke on them right? You, sir, should spend some time researching RADICAL Islam in all it's forms. It is NOT pretty. Getting nuked as a price paid for destroying all of Israel for the return of the Mahdi is NOT something that is out of the question for these people.

Please don't make the assumption that I refer to all Muslims when I refer to the crazies. I'm saying that if something does NOT change the leadership in Iran, if the US does not stand with Israel, then we'll all have hell to pay for it later.

On the issue of the settlements, while I disagree with the notion of violating contracts made by Israel, to condemn Israel in a globalist body that is more than 70% dictatorships of various types who just wanna stick it to anything US is an even poorer decision.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Sorry mate..
I'm not with one bit of your post..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Okay, here's my take on it. Like I said before, blaming a Muslim 'Caliphate' movement is just as accepted of an opinion to me as blaming a 'Zionist' movement on everything. It's just too big of a statement with informatino that can really go in many directions.

If I'm going to point towards the actually agressors, then by golly Israel takes the cake. The horrors done by Hamas, as horrible as they are, do not hold a candle to the numerous attemps by Israel to basically cause a genocide. I'm not just talking about the settlements stuff, but the horrible stuff being done in the Gaza strip, as well as the Flotilla incident, and the Lavon affair, which while not recent, shows a strange thing in how US still backs Israel so much.

As well, when it comes to regular incidents, the horros done in the name of Islam are absolutely dreadful, and NEED to be adressed. However, this does not change the fact that the US has gone to war with 2 countries for NO REASON. Seriously, no reason. We can argue about this if you want, I'd be more than glad to. You could call this terrorism, I see it as such (although the American troops are great people for the most part).

As well, I am a 'truther', but I'd rather not get into that. However, I do not claim to know who perpetrated
the attacks, but rather that it's in question and that the United States government anticipated and wanted this to happen.

So thus, if we look at agressors, although the Muslim terrorists have definetly done a #load, the real UNIFIED force as shown through recent events has been the work of the United States and Israel. And when you talk about resistance to such attacks in Afghanistan and Iraq, is it a huge leap to say that everyone resisting a "US Takeover" as they probably see it, are not always doing it in the name of Islam or anything. Fighting against someone 'liberating' you does not automatically make you that, despite that being a huge misconception. It's pretty funny how when we invade, it is as a country, but when Afghanistan fights back, it's fighting as a 'muslim movement', but again, that's a derail, and my bad for going into it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Wow, sooo many typos in that hahaha, hope you can ignore them.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

It doesn't even matter about Iran. What about Pakistan? What happens when Egypt decides they had enough? All Israel's neighbors will eventually decide they need to be protected from the aggressive bully. Israel can not survive the way it is moving forward.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Of course the u.s vetoed it... U.S will continue to blindly support its genocidal psycho child isreal and its crimes against humanity..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

America has been conquered and under occupation.
Did you expect something different?
We have illegal wars. Torture, and war criminals center stage in the glow on national TV.
Fly the flag upside down. We have been conquered and under foreign occupation.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

reply to post by FermiFlux

If Israel is making agreements to not build in a certain area and then it turns around and builds in that area, then they are wrong for doing so. There is sanctity in contracts.

BUT, the idea that the US should condemn Israel at the illegitimate globalist organization like the UN where more than 70% of it's members are dictatorships of one form or another is ludicrous. Where people get the idea that the UN should have authority when it's body is largely made up of nations that don't care about human freedom and would soon see Israel destroyed is beyond me.

And thank you for debating the issues with me rather than the typical Israel hate one sees around here.

I have a suspicion that you did not read the article, nor the subject of the resolution.

Firstly, this is a UN Security Council resolution, NOT a UN resolution.
There are 14 members in the UN security council...

The Council is composed of five permanent members — China, France, Russian Federation, the United Kingdom and the United States — and ten non-permament members (with year of term's end):

Bosnia and Herzegovina (2011), Germany (2012), Portugal (2012), Brazil (2011), India (2012), South Africa (2012), Colombia (2012), Lebanon (2011), Gabon (2011), Nigeria (2011)
UN website

The resolution being discussed

... would have condemned Israeli settlements as "illegal" and as an obstacle to peace calling for an immediate halt to all settlement building.

As with almost all UN resolutions, this is a debate on wording, absolutely no punitive conditions are discussed. It is purely a "condemnation" of an act deemed illegal by international law, nothing more, nothing less.

You state that there is sanctity in contracts, I rebut that there is a sense of sanctity when not respecting international law once assured of the protection of a veto by the U.S.A.

the Billmeister
edit on 19-2-2011 by Billmeister because: clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join