It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vetoes UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

How many of those dictatorships does the US prop up?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

This sucks. Being born in the U.S. shortly after the U.S. was proclaimed to be the saviour of the world, following WWII, I actually thought me and other Americans were special, and chosen by God to lead a godless world into peace and harmony..............

This stuff, however, just isn't right.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

This is a list of countries the US gives aid to

www.vaughns-1-pagers.com...

1/3 of it goes to Israel and Egypt..

According to the article in the OP the US would be sponsoring less than 6%
of these dictatorships that voted to condemn Israel. If they were all dictatorships..AND if they were in the voting block which I doubt.

So the real number is closer to less than 2%
edit on 19-2-2011 by projectvxn because: Edited to clarify

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The big qiestion is,
why does Israel continue to take so much off the US tax payer??

The fact is, Israel's economic position is far better than the US and in fact far better than most countries, if not all..

Why do they continue to sponge???

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The support for Israel in the United States among the people has hovered consistently between 60% and 75% for the last 20 years or so.

It has to do with the fact that the US is a predominantly Judeo-Christian nation..Its very hard to separate this from our policy when you look at the numbers.

I personally don't disagree with the majority view on this...I know this won't win me any brownie points around here, but you have to understand that I struggled with this issue for a long time, and the more I see, the more I support Israel in what they do.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If the Arabs want this problem to go away then they need to build a time machine and kill Hitler. He was hell bent on removing all the Jews and forming an all Aryan empire. The United Nations was formed so that one nation could not dominate the world again like Hitler. Out of sympathy for the Jews for what they had to endure they were resettled back in Israel. The Jews are always forgiven for their actions because of what they had to endure back in the concentration camps of WWII. Religious strife is the root problem for both Jew and Arab. Again they need build a time machine and talk to their father Abraham to clear this all up.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

The Jews have been attacked and almost totally wiped out SEVERAL times in history. They've been slaves, they've been slaughtered, they'd be all but exterminated.

With a history like that, I'd be a little more aggressive about my national security too.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

The support for Israel in the United States among the people has hovered consistently between 60% and 75% for the last 20 years or so.

It has to do with the fact that the US is a predominantly Judeo-Christian nation..Its very hard to separate this from our policy when you look at the numbers.

I personally don't disagree with the majority view on this...I know this won't win me any brownie points around here, but you have to understand that I struggled with this issue for a long time, and the more I see, the more I support Israel in what they do.

I highly doubt if you took a poll of all americans that 60-75% would agree to the funding of Israel on such a scale while americans are on the street starving..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I'm in the US and I think its horrible. I didn't know 130 countries sponsored it that's amazing. For some reason I think Obama really wants this to stop, but I think there is a real threat if America and any other nation doesn't tow the line. Be it nuclear or economic. Who knows whats really going on behind closed doors?

tow the line? the only one towing is the united states. and the wrong way too.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The Jews have been attacked and almost totally wiped out SEVERAL times in history. They've been slaves, they've been slaughtered, they'd be all but exterminated.

With a history like that, I'd be a little more aggressive about my national security too.

Me?? I'd ask why they were so hated..
Was there a reason??

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The Gallup Poll shows an average of 60% others show higher averages:
Israel Support

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Me?? I'd ask why they were so hated..
Was there a reason??

Hatred doesn't need reason, because reason didn't make hatred.

but if you must know I'm sure google will help with the answer.
edit on 19-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2011 by projectvxn because: geez my posts are full of typos these days.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Great, another Moderator who supports oppression here.

Your figures do not represent the truth. They represent an appologist's cop out.

Let us build a house on your front lawn. Then demonlish your house. And build another house where your old house stood... Kick you into the streets and then dare you do be angry about it.

Then let's talk about chummy Judeo-Christian figures.

But nah, much easier from your cozy armchair to side with your gangsters.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

The Gallup Poll shows an average of 60% others show higher averages:
Israel Support

Though I think that poll is crap, it doesn't ask whether Israel should be supported with huge amounts of US aid..

I see nothing on that..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

A little aggressive are we?

I guess you missed my last post where I said that Isreal breaking contracts is wrong. But that supporting UN resolution is ALSO wrong against Israel because the US is 1 Israels only ally, and 2 the UN is made of mostly dictatorships and has no real legitimacy.

The figures I used for support of Israel are accurate only within the margin of Judeo Christian belief in this nation. Which is actually in the mid to high 80s.

Relax with the accusatory name calling will ya.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Well, you'd reasonably surmise by the numbers presented in this and other polls that most Americans are OK with financial support for Israel.

Wouldn't be a stretch of logic.
edit on 19-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I guess you missed my last post where I said that Isreal breaking contracts is wrong. But that supporting UN resolution is ALSO wrong against Israel because the US is 1 Israels only ally, and 2 the UN is made of mostly dictatorships and has no real legitimacy.

Odd though how Israel is happy to push for UN imposed sanctions on Iran etc, or UN resolutions pushing for nuclear inspections..

Hipocracy at it's finest..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Indeed, but one has to ask why? Why is it they always seem to piss off people enough that this thing happens. Also, the Jews of today are not all the same people that resided in the Roman province of Judea 2000 years ago. If we all went around trying to claim land our ancestors may have resided in 2,000 years ago, where does it stop?

In any case, they aren't the only group of people in the world to have suffered, in fact most groups have at one point or another, so what makes them so damned special?

I think their more modern history is pertinent to the current situation. They terrorised the British out of Palestine, got their state from the UN then proceeded to massacre all Arabs they could find and drive the rest out of their homes.

Once they had done that, they then stole more and more land so what is now Israel today is about twice the size of what was originally given to them and they are still stealing land even today, while still attacking and killing innocent civilians without any apparent remorse and certainly no international censure due to the protection given to them by the US.

With a history like that, it's no wonder the Arabs are little more aggressive against the Jews.....

Imagine if the UN declared New England as the new Jewish nation in 1947, they then proceeded to attack American villages and towns, driving out the population and taking more land than they originally had. I'd think you'd be a bit pissed at that.

Try and see it from another angle other than what the Israeli propoganda machine wants you to see.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Well, you'd reasonably surmise by the numbers presented in this and other polls would suggest that most Americans are OK with financial support for Israel.

Wouldn't be a stretch of logic.

BS, it's more reasonable to suggest most polling companies, like the media, are controlled by Jews..

Go ask the people in the street and come back to me..
It's all smaoke and mirrors mate..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join