It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US vetoes UN resolution condemning Israeli settlements

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

So . . . it was not actually wiped off the map, is what you are saying?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Educate Yourself

ANd please debate the facts presented, not the source. Thanks.

Ahh, I get abused by a poster for using a bias source but you say to ignore your bias source..
I gotcha..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

That was him. This is me.

If you would like, I can copy pasta all the facts, and use google to find supporting evidence, leaving the source I gave out of it. It will just be more work for me to come to the same conclusion.

Or you could just debate the facts as presented.

Something about shooting the messenger and losing the message . . .

Edit: I am going to bed now. School will resume session on the morrow
edit on 2/20/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Ok if you wanna call Gaza and the West Bank Palestine then i suppose it is still there, but like Backinblack pointed out, it is nothing but a prison camp were residents have to dig tunnels to import goods because Israel won't let them. Sure they could bring in bombs might be the rational to blockades but when you are armed with nuclear weapons, won't admit it, then restrict the importing of food and construction materials to make sure nobody can hurt you that is just.... cowardly.... soooo cowardly.... i would want to shoot myself in shame if i did that to someone.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Educate Yourself

ANd please debate the facts presented, not the source. Thanks.

To establish if the facts presented are indeed facts one must question the source.

Jewish Virtual Library..Ah well, no bias there then.

Oh and no map of the 67 border either.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

Ok if you wanna call Gaza and the West Bank Palestine then i suppose it is still there,

It was from your source. State of Palestine.

but like Backinblack pointed out, it is nothing but a prison camp were residents have to dig tunnels to import goods because Israel won't let them.

Then . . . I dunno, stop poking the hornet's nest? I mean, Hamas was elected as leaders for crying out loud. They don't have a stated mission of taking the land back no matter the cost.

Oh . . . what is that . . . they do?

Maybe all the people are not extremists terrorists, but they sure as hell agree with the terrorists, considering they voted them into office.

Sure they could bring in bombs might be the rational to blockades but when you are armed with nuclear weapons, won't admit it, then restrict the importing of food and construction materials to make sure nobody can hurt you that is just.... cowardly.... soooo cowardly.... i would want to shoot myself in shame if i did that to someone.

A blockade is a legit military strategy used for millenia.

When the people want peace, they will stop harboring people who are aggressive.

Plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Fine. Have it your way.

--Stephen Schwebel, formerly President of the International Court of Justice, notes that a country acting in self-defense may seize and occupy territory when necessary to protect itself. Schwebel also observes that a state may require, as a condition for its withdrawal, security measures designed to ensure its citizens are not menaced again from that territory.

American Journal of International Law, (April, 1970), pp. 345-46.
--

--According to Eugene Rostow, a former Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs in the Johnson Administration, Resolution 242 gives Israel a legal right to be in the West Bank. The resolution. Rostow noted, "allows Israel to administer the territories" it won in 1967 "until 'a just and lasting peace in the Middle East' is achieved," Rostow wrote.

New Republic, (October 21, 1991), p. 14
--

As for the '67 map. Why do you need it?

static.howstuffworks.com...

They gave back all lands, except those which were causing troubles, as was agreed to. The remaining land will be given back once those lands stop causing problems.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Plain and simple.

When the people have no peace and faced discrimination in every form, they would elect EVEN A MURDERER to lead them out of the morass that the Israeli zionists had forced at gun point their fellow brothers and sisters palestinians in the occupied terroritories.

Their backs are against the walls, what do you expect?

It's the same tale since time immemorial, which is why colonialism failed for centuries. Humans were never meant to be shackled, even if present american generation enjoy it. The Palestinians whom seek only to be free, don't.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

Maybe all the people are not extremists terrorists, but they sure as hell agree with the terrorists, considering they voted them into office.

Yeah and all Americans voted for Bush.

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

why are my posts being deleted here i go the whole reason for the veto is who is running the us?? I CANT SAY more as it will be deleted mm so pissed at this am i doing something wrong ????????

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Plain and simple.

When the people have no peace and faced discrimination in every form, they would elect EVEN A MURDERER to lead them out of the morass that the Israeli zionists had forced at gun point their fellow brothers and sisters palestinians in the occupied terroritories.

. . .

Brush up on your history. the PLO poked the hornet's nest and got stung quite badly. These remnants continue to prick and probe at the nest.

Someone did not learn the first time?

How many times does one stick a fork in an outlet before realizing "hey! this is not a good thing to be doing!"

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

They gave back all lands, except those which were causing troubles, as was agreed to. The remaining land will be given back once those lands stop causing problems.

I guess that gives Israel a reason to make sure there is never peace..
They get to keep the land..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Yeah and all Americans voted for Bush.

Cosmic...

WTF?

WHat does Bush have to do with anything?

I will play your game, though.

Bush won on a court ruling the first time, and by a very small margin the second time.

Hamas won by almost double.

Big difference.
edit on 2/20/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Brush up on your history. the PLO poked the hornet's nest and got stung quite badly. These remnants continue to prick and probe at the nest.

Someone did not learn the first time?

How many times does one stick a fork in an outlet before realizing "hey! this is not a good thing to be doing!"

Since you claim superiority over me in history, then please tell the descendants of the American founding fathers that their ancestors should not be 'poking the hornet's nest' and were a bunch of fools and drugged addled incompetents for fighting against tyranny, won and set entire generatios free, that was mighty England then, an empire that enslave almost the world.
edit on 20-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Difference: America backed up their talk. The PLO did not.

Difference: Extremists are not attacking the government in the US. Palestinians are attacking Israel.

Should I go on?

Apples and oranges, friend

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

So it's ok for Israel to take up arms.

It's ok for you to defend the second amendment.

But it not ok for Palestinians..right?

Your bigotry and double standards are outstanding.

Cosmic...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Go on by all means, as you chosed selective amnesia or ignorances to prove your points. But what you or I say here matters nothing.

What's done is done. Sufferings continue daily. Some will choose to be blind. Some will choose to make a stand. Others will remember US stand where it matters, and will not forget.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by felonius

This is not about Israels right to defend itself.

This is about Israel stealing land and building human shield settlements on it.

This is about the US saying one thing and doing the opposite.

Cosmic...

Spoils of War...
a war they didnt start . Yeah. They have the right.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Spoils of War...
a war they didnt start . Yeah. They have the right.

You're kidding right?
Even jewish sites agree Israel enacted a pre emptive strike in 1967..
That means THEY started it...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join