It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain what these Magnetosphere graphs mean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I see them referred to all over the place and I keep looking at them noticing the differences hour to hour. What good are the differences when I really don't know what all the jargon means.

www2.nict.go.jp...

If someone can detail each diagram out, I will be eternally grateful. Surely I'm not the only one wondering, just the one willing to look stupid enough to ask.

1. I understand the main magnetosphere graph.

2. What do the colors indicate on the pressure graph?

3. Isospheric convections? I see alternating circles of white and black. What do those refer to?

4. Green and red graph with BY, BT, Dens., and V ??? Is green good or bad?

5.Plasma Temperature and Density at Geostationary Orbit and AE Index

6. THANK YOU

:puz
edit on 18-2-2011 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

STAR!! from me i have been wanting to know this too flag as well will be back to read when someone that knows how to read these replies thank you

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Well thank you for making me not feel so alone. I enjoy this subject and I want to understand it well.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
technically I don't know what it means, but logically, it means we are in for a hell of a ride....lol....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

At your service...

Nice to see you back dude...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thank you Phage..........eternally gratefull

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

This shows that the magnetic field is just fine. If the lines are all tangled up that is not good. This is a well organized field.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

This shows that the magnetic field is just fine. If the lines are all tangled up that is not good. This is a well organized field.

Ok but I was watching it intensely last night and a lot of the time the lines were so messed up and all over the friggen place, I was utterly confused. At some points it looked like a tangled ball of yarn.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So glad to see you are back, Phage. Knowledge, wisdom and a willingness to share goes a long way with me. Your groundedness and ability to see facts from different vectors wins my applause!

Peace and prosperity to you.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Ok Phage, I read through both of those threads and they contain a wealth of important information.

Thank you for putting it out so we could understand. Amazing.

Phage, just a question. Do you think that solar flares can cause human to feel physical disturbances. Such has heart pains, palpitations, throbbing? Headaches? Is there any science behind that?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

There are some studies which seem to find some correlation. Some of the studies use subjective criteria like emotional states. Others find somewhat contradictory results. I'm not convinced.

The only effects of solar activity which are "felt" on Earth's surface are fluctuations of the magnetic field. I had an MRI a couple of years ago. The magnetic field produced by that machine was probably 20,000 times (literally) more powerful than the Earth's magnetic field. I didn't feel a thing (except boredom).

edit on 2/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

good to see u back phage

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Welcome back, braddah!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
the website is hated by many, loved by others, but this tutorial is great about the magnetosphere:
poleshift.ning.com...

new topics

top topics

join