It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not All Cops Are Bad - Cop Busts a Heel Flip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I thought this video was cool and shows that a lot of the men and women in blue are just regular folks trying to make a living like the rest of us. A lot of the time we tend to judge all police based on the actions of the bad apples and it just is not the right way to go about it.

I have come into contact with some really cool officers and also had one or two incidents that were not pleasant but I try not to paint them all with the same brush.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Lol great video. We definitely need more cops like these.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is awesome. More cops should behave like this ESPECIALLY with today's youth. If cops focused a little more on PR and building trust with the community, We might all be a little better and kids wouldn't grow up thinking ALL cops are bad.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
great post,

yes, they are human!

leo's i can respect, i just don;t want to get in their face, like i do with drug dealers.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
OK here's the ratio:

Cops do their jobs the way they are supposed to do 3 out of 10.

Cops do their jobs more than they are supposed to (as an example in the video) 0.5 out of 100

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
OK here's the ratio:

Cops do their jobs the way they are supposed to do 3 out of 10.

Cops do their jobs more than they are supposed to (as an example in the video) 0.5 out of 100

Looks and sounds staged. However the truth is I do agree, not 100% of them are bad, just 99.9%

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Too bad the good ones are smeared by the oh-so-many questionable ones. Very nice to see that though and a nice public service announcement OP.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Are the 2 statements independent, or does a cop who can do a skateboard move mean he's a good cop?

I'm going for the first choice, because if it is the second choice, I don't see how being able to do a skateboard move can make him a good cop.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
How much do you want to bet that, while HE may be a "Good Cop"
he works with some that HE knows to be "Bad Cops" and
he looks the other way?

Just as guilty IMO.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
How much do you want to bet that, while HE may be a "Good Cop"
he works with some that HE knows to be "Bad Cops" and
he looks the other way?

Just as guilty IMO.

Thats the way I see it too. Obstruction of justice, derelict in his/her duties and guilty by association, at least. But the video does indeed "portray" an apparent civil servant of some sort, "acting" civil.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Great video, thanks.

It didn't look "staged" to me at all. They edited out the beginning where the cop parked and got out of his car, so what? It probably wasn't relevant to the point and they didn't want to bore people.

If more cops did "community policing" instead of thinking of themselves as, and I quote a VA State Trooper, "a paramilitary force employed by the State to enforce the law.", there would be more trust and simply all-around better communities...but, that's my idealist coming out.

Oh, and did you notice that he wasn't dressed in military gear? He actually looked like a Police Officer?

Edit- Actually, I'll bet what happened is that when the cop looked like he was pulling away the person stopped the video, then after the cop came up and started chatting with them and decided to try the skateboard, he started videoing (sp?) again.

edit on 19-2-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Are the 2 statements independent, or does a cop who can do a skateboard move mean he's a good cop?

I'm going for the first choice, because if it is the second choice, I don't see how being able to do a skateboard move can make him a good cop.

Do you really need to ask that question?

Yes they are independent statements and I based my assumption on him being a good cop on the actions he took in dealing with these young men. The way he actually came across as an average guy who can make rational choices when dealing with people instead of going on a power trip tells me a lot and it is very easy for someone in authority to demean young kids and young adults.

The officer treated these guys like "people" and for a lot of you on this site that is like seeing a UFO

join