It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunisia: Demonstrations calling for new Caliphate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Tunisia, the first recorded country to hold demonstrations after their government collapsed to call for a new Caliphate.
Other country's will surely follow Tunisia's lead, and Egypt will most likely be the next.
But what do I know?

What is a Caliphate?
From Wiki;
The term caliphate "dominion of a caliph ('successor,')," (from the Arabic خلافة or khilāfa, Turkish: Halife ) refers to the first system of government established in Islam, and represented the political unity of the Muslim Ummah (nation). In theory, it is a constitutional republic[1] (see Constitution of Medina), meaning that the head of state (the Caliph) and other officials are dicate to the people according to Islamic law, which exercises power over their citizens. It was initially led by Muhammad's disciples as a continuation of the political system the prophet established, known as the 'rashidun caliphates'. It represented the political unity, not the theological unity of Muslims as theology was a personal matter. A "caliphate" is also a state which implements such a governmental system.

In essence, a Caliph is the successor to the prophet Mohamed and must be recognized by the majority of the Moslem world. Those Moslem countries that don't immediately recognize the new Caliphate will eventually be forced to do so in time, either by persuasion or by force.

The moslem countries that recognize the Caliphate and the citizens within will then be obligated to follow the rulings of the new Caliph (president of the Moslem people so to speak).

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well it was just a matter of time. Yep Egypt will surely be next. Obama must be smiling about now.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Glenn Beck has done an outstanding series the last two weeks on this very topic! Very worth the time to watch and get informed. It will be interesting to see how these events unfold in the middle east. Hopefully if this does occur Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will not be deemed the Caliph as he believes he can hasten the return of the 12 imam (Muslim version of the messiah in end times) by washing the world in blood!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The revolutions are being televised. Very ironic.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix
In essence, a Caliph is the successor to the prophet Mohamed and must be recognized by the majority of the Moslem world. Those Moslem countries that don't immediately recognize the new Caliphate will eventually be forced to do so in time, either by persuasion or by force.

The moslem countries that recognize the Caliphate and the citizens within will then be obligated to follow the rulings of the new Caliph (president of the Moslem people so to speak).

I'd say more like a pope. It might actually do some good. Example? Reigning in rogue clerics and imams who advocate violence. I don't know, it's not really my business.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

You are right, I think "pope" would have been a better example to use, but this Caliph will have a lot more power over the moslem people than the pope has now at least.

Here again is another video of another rally in Tunisia where the moslems are calling for a new Caliphate.
Sounds pretty demonic.

It is my personal view that these countries won't be able to establish a true Democratic Republic simply because of a lack of knowledge and will power, but will end up with a Caliphate instead. It will be much easier and natural for them to go the way of a Caliphate
edit on 18-2-2011 by aboxoftrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It is also plausible that a Caliph is truly what they do want and have been given the democratic freedom to decide that for themselves regardless of our opinion. Which would be democracy.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by notofdahsheeple

I suppose you might be right about that. I don't know. Good point though.
These imams have a lot of influence in these countries and I'm sure they will be taking center stage in setting up this new "whatever it is".

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Considering the extremist view of the goals of a caliphate being the annihilation of Israel. I think the likelihood of it happening may be supported by "The US has vetoed an Arab resolution at the UN Security Council condemning Israeli settlements in the Palestinian territories as an obstacle to peace. All 14 other members of the Security Council backed the resolution, which had been endorsed by the Palestine Liberation Organization." 14 willing to condemn Israeli stances possibly showing a willingness to agitate them...which could spark who knows what. Continued unrest spreads chaos......and although democracy be the goal history shows us those who start revolutions are seldom there at the end, in power. Sorry to post so much on your thread but this is an area of growing concern for me as I can see this having global ramifications in a direction I don't really wanna go. Maybe your thread can get people talking about the things that aren't being said on the news!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by notofdahsheeple
Considering the extremist view of the goals of a caliphate being the annihilation of Israel. I think the likelihood of it happening may be supported by "The US has vetoed an Arab resolution at the UN Security Council condemning Israeli settlements in the Palestinian territories as an obstacle to peace. All 14 other members of the Security Council backed the resolution, which had been endorsed by the Palestine Liberation Organization." 14 willing to condemn Israeli stances possibly showing a willingness to agitate them...which could spark who knows what. Continued unrest spreads chaos......and although democracy be the goal history shows us those who start revolutions are seldom there at the end, in power. Sorry to post so much on your thread but this is an area of growing concern for me as I can see this having global ramifications in a direction I don't really wanna go. Maybe your thread can get people talking about the things that aren't being said on the news!

Agreed. Our veto of that resolution at the UN won't look good in the eyes of the moslem population in the middle east. It's more like a slap in the face of their goals considering the wording used in the resolution was taken from the mouth of the Obama administration which was meant to make it hard for us to do it, but we did it anyway. So yeah, i think this case will be used against us, and will help in the goals of the imams in creating a new caliphate.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
ARRG! Egypt approves Iran's request to move a warship and supply ship into the Suez Canal. That can't be a positive developement :/

new topics

top topics

join