It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Man Who Knows Something Knows He Knows Nothing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The Man Who Knows Something Knows He Knows Nothing

I've been a member for a year or so, and I've never started a thread.I read all types of threads, as I am interested in a wide variety of topics.Every now and again, I ad my" two cents",,,as we speak, no less

Anyway, I say that, to say this,,,,,I became a member for 1 reason,,,,"To Know".I don't care what the subject matter is,,,,,I Want To Know.
Some of us are opinionated, many are highly educated, yet all of us have a quest for knowledge IMHO(I love that disclaimer
)
There is nothing wrong with healthy debate, yet we tend to forget that no matter what side of the fence we're on ( in most cases), our information comes from the exact same place,,,,Someone Else.So regardless to your stance, realize your perspective may not be the best ( not "right"), but BEST one.I watch people argue back and forth, page after page,video after video,,,link after link.And in the end, neither side acquiesces,,,though both sides arguments have validity, they don't arrive to the best conclusion.So it doesn't matter if your right or wrong, but educated.If it makes sense to you, do away with pride and learn,so that "each one can teach one"

Oh,,,this doesn't apply to all, as I do not have any "irrefutable evidence" to support my claim.Not in it for the Stars and Flags,,,I Want To Know,,, if you too,,,, "Know You Know Nothing"?
Thank You for listening and Happy Hunting

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I understand your point. I've watched many a thread turn from topic, to well, other than the topic. I'm not faulting the mods, they just can't be everywhere at once. They actually do a pretty dang good job. I'm just not seeing as much respect for a posters thoughts/ideas. Some, not all, seem to want to attack first, and ask questions later.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have to concur And I clearly know nothing.....even I think I don't.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I feel in the same boat as you op, I've been here almost 8-9 months now and I usually just stay in the background, but I'll add in something that I think might help the discussion, or give an appropriate opinion that i feel I've worded correctly to avoid some of the wolves lol. Still feel like I'm getting used to the site as far as the community goes.

I just love the news and different opinions on ATS and some of the members do SUCH a good job on threads it's just astounding! I want to be able to do more threads where I can actually get some good research going and presented... with the cohones to post it of course

edit on 18-2-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Clearly

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

LOL, thanks for that! I belong right there with you.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

I am the same way. I read many different topics in several forums that run the whole spectrum. have not been here long and have noticed a lot of arguing in all threads. im here to learn as well. i have opinions but am afraid to post sometimes for fear of being an attacked by someone. Mostly fear in my own opinions tho. most are just gut feelings or hunches and kinda hard to defend if someone questions them but having said all that i suppose the only way im gonna learn anything is to just speak up. thanks for the thread

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
When I grow up I want to know nothing at all. After all, ignorance is bliss, or so they say. I wouldn't know because I've never attained bliss. Truth be told, it is quite possible I have never attained bliss because I know too damn much...actually, I don't know if that is true or not. I mean, what the hell do I know anyway? I tell you what I do know, I once knew a stripper named Bliss who was pretty damned ignorant, so I don't know if ignorant is bliss, but Bliss is pretty damned ignorant, but boy could she dance. Is that off topic? I don't know. What the hell do I know anyway?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Knowing that one does not know everything is the beginning of wisdom....
then there are your "known knowns, known unkowns and unknown unknowns."

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dalemcfad

Go for it. With this bunch, your "gut feeling" just may be substantiated. This site has a lot of talent,,,you never know

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

"Here Here" Cos

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I almost knew something yesterday,But then I forgot what it was.I'm gonna try to know something tomorrow,but it's not looking good either.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Your wasting your talents here,,,too funny

top topics

join