It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio's turn to revolt: Thousands flood statehouse over anti-union bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Ohio's turn to revolt: Thousands flood statehouse over anti-union bill

www.rawstory.com...

he massive, government-crippling protests in Madison, Wisconsin have now spilled over into Ohio, where over 5,000 rallied Thursday in opposition to a bill that would eliminate collective bargaining rights for state workers.

Ohio's Senate Bill 5 is essentially the same as what Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker proposed, and it seems to be recieving about the same response. Just last week, more than 800 people showed up to protest the bill while it was still in committee, packing out the statehouse in a show of numbers that Thursday's demonstration easily topped.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
dailybail.com...
edit on Fri Feb 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: to correct link

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Looks like Chomsky may be right.. We are seeing the being of a taxpayer, citizen revolt. It may be that finally after seeing Wall St. Steal 15Trillion from people, BP poison the water, taxes to the moon... that people have had enough...

Prices are going to the moon... with Copper, Rice, Corn, Sugar... et al at all time highs....

Maybe this is why they renew the Patriot Act... where's the internet switch...

www.rawstory.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Fri Feb 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Chomsky right, LOL, that'l be the day.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I was recently discussing how many welfare recipients take advantage of the system to essentially leech off of hard working taxpayers. After the whole Wisconsin situation and now this, I realize that their are many well off people trying to mooch off of the government via public unions.

I have yet to see an argument presented on behalf of the unions why they should not be more responsible for themselves and their futures, especially considering other non-union workers don't get nearly as good a deal. I don't say that to insinuate they should be getting more, but what the non-union workers get is already reasonable, and here it is the unions want more given to them. These are shameful Americans.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join