It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Instead of the Pledge of Allegiance....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is a sort of all encompassing poem that really captures the hypocrisy of our times, damn the unconstitutional federal government. And I think it makes a good case for states' rights. The reason we shouldn't be ruled by the feds.

Now I sit me down in school

Where praying is against the rule

For this great nation under God

Finds mention of Him very odd.

If Scripture now the class recites,

It violates the Bill of Rights.

And anytime my head I bow

Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,

That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.

The law is specific, the law is precise.

Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall

Might offend someone with no faith at all.

In silence alone we must meditate,

God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,

And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.

They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.

To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,

And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.

It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,

We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,

Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.

But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,

No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,

When chaos reigns the school's a mess.

So, Lord, this silent plea I make:

Should I be shot; My soul please take!

Amen

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Freemason, You're a good guy but the only objection I have is if students wish to pray to allah or buddah they have that right as well and I feel if there is a "freedom of religion" they need to take the one nation under god remark off of currency. If, it's one nation under god then where do indians, muslims, buddists, exc. go for their beleifs? All I am saying is christianity is not the only relgion in this melting pot of america. I think we invite people here as long as they believe what we do. If they don't they don't, they don't matter in the school prayer issue. Just a thought. Hang on to that 10$ silver certificate it might get you some silver sometime.

Take It easy.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The problem is not students praying in school: that is allowed.

The problem is not teachers praying in school: that is allowed.

The problem is not other staff or faculty praying in school: that is allowed.

The problem is teachers, faculty, or staff while acting as a proxy for the state or federal government endorsing a specific religion (including atheism). The form this has most often taken is by leading students in prayer, or examining the spiritual validity of the scriptures of some religion.

Now, this doesn't mean that things haven't been taken too far (on both sides) by people who misunderstand the law. Schools have cracked down on students for expressing their faith, to be sure. And the ACLU has successfuly defended such students, whether the student was Wiccan, Muslim, or Chrisitian. The ACLU has also fought unreasonably against expressions of faith in schools.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

This is a sort of all encompassing poem that really captures the hypocrisy of our times, damn the unconstitutional federal government. And I think it makes a good case for states' rights. The reason we shouldn't be ruled by the feds.

By your post I can see you're still caught in the virtually manufactured web of "The Matrix," Free Mason. Go read my posts in the "New Bill Seeks to Nullify Constitution" thread...it will help show you the way to freeing your mind.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The real theme should be civility and tolerance. I don't mind people praying quietly or mentioning and discussing their religious beliefs, but as soon as I say I don't want to hear about it they should shut down their SALES job of their religion and either talk about other things or walk away.

The Pledge of Alligiance as originally written was a Pledge, until it was CORRUPTED by religious SALES people and turned into a prayer.

America has sufficient advertising to drive a person crazy already, these right wing religious types are just peddaling one more commodity.

Some of them are like junkies trying to push their latest fix. "Eeeww, I got so high being saved, you can feel that way too, Sally Joe!!!"

df1

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Schools should be prohibited from requiring students to pledge allegiance to the government, as it is either a meaningless ritual or a redundant act. If the students do not believe in the government and are forced to mouth words they do not believe it is a meaningless ritual. If the students support the actions of their government, the government already has their allegiance making any pledge of allegiance redundant.

God is no problem, he can take care of himself just fine and requires no federal, state or local government to act on his behalf. Religion and prayer are not the business of any government and all levels of government should butt out completely. Prayer is an issue that should be left 100% to the individual.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
How about leaving it alone.
The ACLU should be disbanded.

john

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

I don't disagree with the spirit of the poem, these are hypocritical times indeed. I do disagree that we are "ruled by the Feds", that hasn't quite happened yet... The trend however is most disturbing, and will continue to breed the discontent of a once free and proud people (that would be American citizens if you lefties are having a hard time following along).

Additional information on the posted poem.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"

As adults we should say this before work,

However, Lets take away the pledge...the students may not like the gov't....forced to mouth words...I mean, those words are the pledge to your Country. WTF???

I mean, that is why society in America is breaking down. Changing what has been for generations becasue one or two people disagree is ridiculous. To appease those who complain is the American way.

and God can be anything from the "white robed guy" to Islam to Scientology. Our nation was FOUNDED under one god. It does not say what god in the pledge, so fill in the blanks. I thought there was freedom of religion in this country.

But taking away the pledge, or anything that has to do with God, aren't you not discriminating against the majority who may believe.

df1

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
esdad71: You, students or anyone else should be free to pray or pledge to whatever you like and I might even join you. It is the government sanctioned requirement to which I take issue.

At a baseball game when the national anthem is played virtually the entire crowd stands hand over heart, myself included, without being coerced to do so. This voluntary reverence for country is more meaningful by the very fact that it is not sanctioned or coerced by the government and it is done of an individuals own free will. Chills still run down my spine every time the national anthem is played and even thinking about it causes a tingle.

I have no such emotion when I recall reciting the pledge in school, it was just a mechanical act that was expected. I did it, just like everyone else, but it was inspiring to no one.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What precisely are you pledging allegiance to? The Knights Templar?

(...snip)

The biggest lie is what the Crown and its agents refer to as "the rule of law". In reality, it is not about law at all, but solely about the Crown Rule of all nations. For example, just read what President Bush stated on November 13, 2001, regarding the "rule of law:" "Our countries are embarked on a new relationship for the 21st century, founded on a commitment to the values of democracy, the free market, and the rule of law." - Joint Statement by President George W. Bush and President Vladimir V. Putin on 11/13/01, spoken from the White House, Washington D.C.

What happened in 1776? "Whoever owns the soil, owns all the way to the heavens and to the depths of the earth." - Old Latin maxim and Roman expression. 1776 is the year that will truly live in infamy for all Americans. It is the year that the Crown Colonies became legal Crown States. The Declaration of Independence was a legal, not lawful, document. It was signed on both sides by representatives of the Crown Temple. Legally, it announced the status quo of the Crown Colonies to that of the new legal name called "States" as direct possessive estates of the Crown (see the definitions above to understand the legal trickery that was done).

The American people were hoodwinked into thinking they were declaring lawful independence from the Crown. Proof that the Colonies are still in Crown possession is the use of the word "State" to signify a "legal estate of possession." Had this been a document of and by the people, both the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution would have been written using the word "states". By the use of "State," the significance of a government of estate possession was legally established. All of the North American States are Crown Templar possessions through their legal document, signed by their representation of both parties to the contract, known as the Constitution of the United States of America.

All "Constitutional Rights" in America are simply those dictated by the Crown Temple and enforced by the Middle Inn Templars (Bar Attorners) through their franchise and corporate government entity, the federal United States Government. When a "State Citizen" attempts to invoke his "constitutional", natural, or common law "rights" in Chancery (equity courts), he is told they don't apply. Why? Simply because a State citizen has no rights outside of the Rule and Codes of Crown "law".

(snip...)

Bar Association History & Who Owns the U.S.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think this thread casts a false light on the Condom, Witchcraft, Vampire and Totem Pole lobby, of which I am your ATS representative.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well that was very nice Freemason, and as a member of a free country you have a point but,

Religion is like any other myth it have not been proved people believe in the laws of god in the ten commandments but, does anybody can say that god really wrote them with his own hand? No? See is a myth.

Can anybody say God is real? Has he been seen by all? no, we just feel him as something real.

Do we have to pledge to the flag? Does it say in the constitution that you have to?

Is the bible the word of god? Did anybody has seen God written the nice book we call his words? no, but we believe the ones that tells us is real.

I don't mind people praying, I pray too, in the privacy of my home, to my creator as a personal thing between it and me.

This country is a nation of immigrants that came with the beliefs of many other nations, if we pray to the Christian god in schools then we should allowed the muslins, Buddhist, Hindus and other to use schools time for prayer too.

The truth is, we can not try to take one side over the rest because we are all different and with different beliefs and the issue now is should we have a national religion? Can we have one? No, we have to be open to all or nothing and the truth I say well lets stay neutral.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The Knights Templar huh? um, yeah, I hope that was sarcasm.

Maybe it is time to write a new pledge. A pledge to grab the attention of the children, since that is who says it. Something that may inspire children to remain wide eyed and hopeful of the future of America and able to make decisions of their government on their own.
Not have a mom and Dad who forbid the pledge because ( the parents", not the child) feel it is wrong.

I pledge to live free,
I pledge to live strong
I pledge to obey laws
I pledge to do no wrong
I pledge to love my friends
I pledge to love my life
I pledge to always move forward
I pledge this for my life.

Maybe if kids recited this everyday, something that means something, they would get outside more and drop the PS2 and X box controllers.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
esdad71, I like that pleadge now, may I add something else?

How about be mindful of the religious beliefs of others.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That it part of living free.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

The Knights Templar huh? um, yeah, I hope that was sarcasm.

Not by ommission or commission. Did you actually READ the posted material and the entire piece at the linked web page, esdad71?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yes sir, I did read the article (thanks for the link) and I know the history of the Templars, thank you.

I did not pledge my allegiance as a child to "bankers on horses". This has nothing to do with the Knights of Templar...we are talking about the pledge.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Yes sir, I did read the article (thanks for the link) and I know the history of the Templars, thank you.

I did not pledge my allegiance as a child to "bankers on horses". This has nothing to do with the Knights of Templar...we are talking about the pledge.

Well, the way I read the Crown Templar/Knights Templar material definitely makes it appear the pledge of allegiance to the flag, by way of an incorporated, divested US Government Templar proxy, is making an unwitting pledge to the Crown-Knights Templar.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that you or others are, with malice of aforethought, pledging your allegiance to the Crown-Knights Templar, but in sum and substance that's what you may be doing without full knowledge

[edit on 16-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I Pledge Allegiance To The Flag, And The Federal Government Of America,

And To The Republic For Which My Brethren Died To Form,

One Nation, Under The Rule Of The People

With Liberty And Justice For All.

Goddess Bless The Secularists
~Astral

new topics

top topics

join