It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*BREAKING* - Massacre in Bahrain; Hospitals full; Docotor urges world to help...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I feel sick. Imagine your just walking down the street peacefully protesting and a bullet hits your body multiple times from a solider who is supposed to support you. I'm sick to death of the way in which politics, power, money and greed contribute to this mess.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This is just truly shocking, shooting on peaceful protesters.
No way the United States can avoid being implicated in the actions of the Bahraini government, this administration knows that. Bahraini is not a poor nation either; their per capita income average is about 28,000. The country is very educated men , women as well children. I just don’t know what to say about this action of the Bahraini Royal Family Government. I’m at loss for words after seeing this, especially in a nation as well educated as Bahrain is. Bahrain is not a third world country either.

edit on 19-2-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Honestly i dont know what to believe. Yes it sounds like the dr is genuine but i just dont know. Besides 10's to a hundred people outside a hospital... doesnt sound like anything overly shocking when you think of the millions that died during the nazi reign. In saying that all life is precious and this really shouldnt happen but i cant help feel the over sensationalism within the original report and for what.. to get the world to rally to overthrow the dictators...? hmm...

I smell agenda here, sorry folks. Revolutions simply mean the raplacement of power structures... what better way to implement total control?

Anyway i hope that all the suffering isnt in vain and something positive comes from all this madness.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
POWER TO THE PEOPLE
POWER TO THE PEOPLE

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is a bloody disgrace and something should be done NOW. These people need help. And I'm sorry to say but expect this if massive protests happen in the USA.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
reply to post by IAMIAM

I served in Special Forces, carried four MOS's and have my "V" devices on ribbons from combat. Statistically, we enjoyed a 100:1 - 150:1 kill ratio.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Murderer.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Damn this sucks. I guess the chances of the season opening Bahrain Formula 1 GP being cancelled have skyrocketed.

On a more serious note, why are people surprised? It happens all the time. This is human nature. The bullies make sure they are at an advantage so they cant be stopped. I sincerely hope and call for everyone involved in this, be it the Bahrain/Libyan/whatever royals, politicians, military, down to the US government, Obama himself, to be brutally and painfully tortured. Dont kill them, make them suffer for years in hell.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

i say again does anyone remember your that is US national guard shooting dead American students during a peaceful demo at their campus [dont ask for whom the bell tolls it tolls for thee ] quote ;;

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
Kent State - frightened, untrained National Guardsmen.

Ruby Ridge? BATF and FBI

WACO? BATF and FBI.

Eisenhower , McArthur and Patton attacked a camp of 15,000 veterans in Washington DC with Eisenhower in overall command , McArthur in charge of ground forces and Patton lead the cavalry charge into the unarmed veterans . Posse Comittatus meant nothing . Anybodies guess how many were killed . Blackwater was hired by the Pentagon to go into New Orleans after Katrina and many witnesses reported seeing them shooting people . Kent State may have been National Guard but they are military and in a time of civil unrest they'll be the ones you meet first . Many believe by the wreckage scattered over such a long wide area that the US Air Force shot a passenger plane full of innocent people down on 9/11. Waco was crawling with special operation , although not on the assault but the cops didn't just run out and buy themselves a tank . There is a long history of American troops firing on Americas , back to the Civil War when Federal Troops shot wags of draft protestors in New York and Boston . All enemies forigen and domestic is the oath and when the order comes , they'll shoot . Only the Oathkeepers won't .

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by stephinrazin

Thank God the Egyptian army would not fire on its own citizens. If the time comes in America, I think our citizen - soldiers won't either.

I hope not. But never say never. This, unfortunately, is a part of our history:

"The Kent State shootings—also known as the May 4 massacre or Kent State massacre—occurred at Kent State University in the city of Kent, Ohio, and involved the shooting of unarmed college students by members of the Ohio National Guard on Monday, May 4, 1970. The guardsmen fired 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Now that the military/police have started killing the people, I’m sure the people will start to kill them in return. The people will have no mercy for a military that turned on them. No mercy! Let the blood bath begin. What a mistake they just made.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
Now that the military/police have started killing the people, I’m sure the people will start to kill them in return. The people will have no mercy for a military that turned on them. No mercy! Let the blood bath begin. What a mistake they just made.

With what? Western governments have armed these criminals and bullies with real weapons, they have mechanical, and chemical weapons at their disposal, with plenty of protective clothing and places to hide. What do the people have, besides stones and molotov cocktails? The playing field is far from level, the people have no real chance and the governments know it.

Not to mention if the people do it they will be executed as criminals, but when the military do it, they get paid.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Of course this can happen anywhere. If you've seen the Stanford Prison Experiment, you understand.

I think it's a little less likely to happen in the U.S. But it could definitely happen.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sad and horrible.

And this should maybe serve as a reminder to all of us here safely typing away at keyboards:

This isn't a game, real people get hit with real bullets and really die. This isn't just for our net-following entertainment---and yes, some on here truly seem to think it is.

The dead don't tweet, and it's time all the 'social network' revolutionaries here in netter land remember that.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The sad thing about all of this is Bahrain for years has been known as a peaceful Gulf Country a long with Qatar, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates. Obviously they dont take well to a little freedom. Very unfortunate and very sad on their governments part.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

SIgn of the times people!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by loam

Let me get this straight,The Military men of the country
were more than willing to follow orders to KILL in cold blood the citizens of said country????

Hmmmmm.

Well, good thing we live in America.
Land of the Blahhhh blahhh
Home of the Blahhhh Blahhh Blahhhh,
where things like this can't happen.

the army doesnt always support the people, as history has taught us.

history has taught us that, normally, the army will support the monarchy or conservative gov(spanish civil war?). Being that america is in some respects a democracy, i think the army would probably support the people.

but of course, in times of major social change, the position of the army is the deciding factor in weather the country will fall into a liberal republic or fascist totalitarianism. Lets hope the latter does not happen

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You should be worried that the states is arming troops with rubber bullets, calling up the national guard to quell protestors....and wonder what is going to happen when food prices skyrocket in the next 6 months.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The US is in a real bind here. They cannot criticise as Bahrain is where the 5th fleet is based. Upsetting the King and being ejected would be a strategic disaster. Don't expect any repeat of the pressure put on Egypt.

As to why they were willing to fire..sectarianism is a big part. The ruling elite and military are overwhelmingly Sunni. They rule a mostly Shia wider population which is deliberately excluded and discriminated against. The sense of the Army being 'of the people as a whole' is absent.

Those in charge will not go down without a fight.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
The US is in a real bind here. They cannot criticise as Bahrain is where the 5th fleet is based. Upsetting the King and being ejected would be a strategic disaster. Don't expect any repeat of the pressure put on Egypt.

As to why they were willing to fire..sectarianism is a big part. The ruling elite and military are overwhelmingly Sunni. They rule a mostly Shia wider population which is deliberately excluded and discriminated against. The sense of the Army being 'of the people as a whole' is absent.

Those in charge will not go down without a fight.

What about other countries speaking up?

Aren't there major political powers to condemn this that do not have a major base in Bahrain?

Who should step up?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join