*BREAKING* - Massacre in Bahrain; Hospitals full; Docotor urges world to help...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by IAMIAM

I completely agree. The idea of a non-tyrannical government being tyrannical is simply that while it's right to see another persons point of view, it's entirely different when a massive corrupt bureaucratic system is forcing that view on you. Democracy doesn't fix things, only makes it worse.. if 60% of the voters vote, and 50% of that dictates the policy for everyone else, then 30% rules 70%.

Though...... the vast majority of Humans don't care at all.

As long as someone feeds them.

That's why the original ideal of the "Republic" is so beautiful.

Because it would allow all minorities a voice in their government, and protect all citizens within the rule of Law.

But it's all become a disaster because we are very uneducated and misled.

Reminds me of what they say about Communism. "Looks good on paper, but in real life..."

Haha..."The Republic", the unattainable ideal of human goodness and civilized dignity. A Utopia always on the horizon, the mirage in the deserts of our desolation.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"Freedom isn't free" If the people in the mideast wish to have freedom THEY are responsible for the acts it will take to gain freedom and the perseverance it will take to keep it. The United States cannot provide freedom for these folks, nor can any other country. People die during revolutions, it's a fact of life and to be expected under such circumstances. I would willingly die so my childrem can remain free. No second thoughts about it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountain40
"Freedom isn't free" If the people in the mideast wish to have freedom THEY are responsible for the acts it will take to gain freedom and the perseverance it will take to keep it. The United States cannot provide freedom for these folks, nor can any other country. People die during revolutions, it's a fact of life and to be expected under such circumstances. I would willingly die so my childrem can remain free. No second thoughts about it.

I agree we should not "provide" them a shallow false hope of "freedom".

But why are we propping up the dictatorship that oppresses them? And it's a clear fact we are propping them up by providing funding and directing them economically,militarily, and politically.

Come on now. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing?

Maybe it's time for both hands to finally find out what each other is up to??

Perhaps our "international interventionism" policy is the cause to this series of effects?

As each "revolt" happens, I do some digging and keep finding the SAME ANSWER. How can that be??

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dnvrliz

With your link I have now I seen the guy I missed in the short version of the video....he had his shirt pulled over his head.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by stephinrazin

Thank God the Egyptian army would not fire on its own citizens. If the time comes in America, I think our citizen - soldiers won't either.

I hope you are correct. If it is a mass peaceful demonstration like Egypt I do not believe our soldiers would fire on the people. I pray mass tea party like crowds strike in cities until grievances are addressed. Sadly this is highly unlikely.
*Warning:Truth Do not read if you think everything is OK, or you are in a good mood.**

The situation in the US that is more likely is after the dollar collapses people will start to go hungry. Hyper inflation will set in. Grocery stores will empty. Social Security, and welfare will be unable to keep up with inflation. People will start to get mad. Large crowds will form in major cities. Who can watch their children go hungry without lashing out? Looting, random violence, and the deterioration of all services will follow. The national guard will be put on the streets. Soon though they will be unable to quell the desperate people.

Fear will drive us into military rule. Martial law will be instituted to restore order. None of the economic or political problems will be remedied. Only now it will be impossible for any movement to form to try to fix our issues. Once the normalization begins it is all but lost. People will not only let our military massacre crowds, but they will beg for them to do it. Soon after guns will be confiscated, and security of the country will require all types of new controls.

A revolt of a small group of militia, constitutionalists, intellectuals, students, unions, and activists might happen. It will be short lived. The Homeland security apparatus has already been instituted to monitor dissent, and later will seek out all dissent. A false flag attack will be blamed on the few who realize that the only hope is armed revolt. It will be put down efficiently, and all those who are deemed unfit will be put against a wall.

The time line for such events is unclear. It could take 10 years from dollar collapse to normalization, or it could be six months. Once the dollar collapses it will speed up though. I am not saying this to make people afraid, but that they should not have their consciousness shattered. You must accept that things may change rapidly and on a tremendous scale.

This may sound strange, but it is all ok. We are beings in a physical body. Our world has reached a peak. The collective consciousness has reached a boiling point. We can raise ourselves above selfish ends, and detachment from our fellow beings. Or not. If we do not this world will end as it has countless times before. It will end, and then begin again. We will change clothes so to speak, and give it all a try again.

No matter how crazy the world seems, and how much you feel like something must be done it all begins with you. Love. Raise your consciousness, and it will influence others. It is the only chance we have. Do not let the woes of the world drag you down. Reach out to a stranger, and forgive those who do harm to this world.

Pray for the soldiers of Bahrain. Forgive them in your heart.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Amazing. I think we are on the same plane of existance. Thanks for the word of encouragement at the end. I need to hear that now and again.

I hope the coming transformation goes well for you and yours.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
this may sound unsympathetic, and i understand the desire to have a government that allows people to have basic
civil rights. although we who have them are losing them more and more every day. but it seems naive to expect a government that rules with a iron hand not to respond with force, what ever force they control, whether it be police or military. not many revolts end like egypt, which i for one think that if it wasn't for the canal it would have turned out to be a lot bloodier protest. the world just couldn't stand by and risk a civil war that would have shut down the canal. so led by the U.S. muabark was pressured or bribed to step down. i have tried to think of what countries that have had a peaceful overthrow of the sitting government and none come to mind. there may be some that have, but none come to mind. people say that the soviet union died with out a shot being fried,i say they are wrong they fail to count the countless number of people who died tring to bring down that regime. every successful overthrow has had some blood shed, it may have been just a few and as many as thousands, but some have died. the thing about freedom is it cost, its not free, some have to pay more than others, and those who pay with their lives, should have the never ending gratefulness of those who live in the freedom that was granted them.

it just seem sad to me that these people fight to put in a new government that may turn out to be as bad as the one they have or get one that may be even worse. i think its safe to say that most of the world, that claim to have freedom have seen those freedom slowly erode away over the past 20yrs. i know i hear people from the uk, australia, canada,germany,france just to mention some, complain about this. and we here in the u.s. face losing more of ours faster than any other, ( i'll probably get slam for that remark) it seems like every day some law is passed that takes away one of our rights, that we have had from the beginning. i think it is strange that all these revolts are starting to happen in places where they don't play the same ball game as the rest of the world. granted that they are ruled by a totalitarian from of government and thats not the best for civil rights, but what if all this is being done to bring about a way to change the world in ways we may not want to see.
well i'll just leave at that and wait for the flames.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Follow the OIL money: One of the top U. S. Contracts worth over $1.8 billion in 2009.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-2-2011 by bricmpt because: corrected: 1.8 not 1.0 billion dollars

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Google - US trains security forces

I think you will find the results to be rather enlightening. It may well be that these forces are just that blood thirsty against their own populaces but "we are" teaching them how to do it "better".

Blackwater/Xe, FBI and our own military tasked to train the security forces of these countries and then suddenly they turn on their own people with a barrage of gunfire. I'm not suggesting that we are training these countries in how to oppress their populaces but I think arguably we are giving them the tools to do it more "efficiently".

I find this to be very telling. No offense to those tasked with the training, I'm sure you have only the best of intentions but what do you know of the government your students take orders from?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Humanity can't sustain a stable peaceful environment because we are animals. Without death we would not be here. Giving and taking are some of the most fundamental principles under the existence of everything. The universe is hostile. Every day roughly 50,000 people STARVE TO DEATH. They STARVE to DEATH. Not one of you has any idea how painful that is. Yet we still cry out in defiance against the murder of several dozen people by men armed with guns. One day when it's already too late humans might learn from their mistakes.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
Google - US trains security forces

I think you will find the results to be rather enlightening. It may well be that these forces are just that blood thirsty against their own populaces but "we are" teaching them how to do it "better".

Blackwater/Xe, FBI and our own military tasked to train the security forces of these countries and then suddenly they turn on their own people with a barrage of gunfire. I'm not suggesting that we are training these countries in how to oppress their populaces but I think arguably we are giving them the tools to do it more "efficiently".

I find this to be very telling. No offense to those tasked with the training, I'm sure you have only the best of intentions but what do you know of the government your students take orders from?

That's part of "it" for sure.

Who is propping things up? Exactly, we are.

Politics is a bubble.
And it's about to pop.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

It looks like the whole Muslim world might begin to see this kind of protesting by the end of the year. Where is this going to lead? Who is going to take the reign of power after the protesting is over? It seems like a good segway into a New World Order or anti-Christ entity. I am not saying that I am for hard-line Islamic rule, I'm not. I'm just spotting this protesting becoming a theme world-wide and wondering what part it plays in the plot. After all, I suppose we could have endless protesting for many years, but more than likely it will lead to new leadership of some kind.

Things seem to be falling apart. Which is only natural, with all of the advances in technology in the past decade. Even in my own life things are falling apart because I can't handle how different everything is. We are experiencing that now world-wide. And at some point, I see a rebirth, a rebuilding of society.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The dictators are shooting themselves on the foot by killing the peaceful protestors.

If # carries on like that, the oil prices will rise significantly.

Lets see how israel responds to Iran's warships moving through the Suez Canal.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I would say the reason you see the military in these other countries act differently than Egypt is that the U.S. does not have ties with these countries like Egypt did. It's apparent to me because Obama is not telling these countries how they should handle these situations. These countries answer to no one as where Egypt aimed to still please its greatest ally, America. I still wonder why America has not stuck its nose into this particular situation. Probably because we are such great allies with Israel and Israel would rather wage war with these countries than help them. This is a complicated world and things like these have been going on for as long as history has been written. I still wonder how humans have evolved into such corrupt beings. I pray that the people of the middle east gain their freedom and are able to be at peace again. No lives should be lost just so some old a*s man can rule over a country.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by oooGIPPERooo

The USA is not sticking its nose in as it cannot afford to upset the king and lose the base for the 5th fleet. Its that simple.

Its a political calculation and in this instance the price of principle is deemed too high.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I am so sick right now and sad. I do not even know what to say. I am calling my Senators and Congressman first thing in the morning. How dare they speak out about Egypt and not say one damn word publicly about Bahrain!

This is the government declaring war on its people. Iran, USA, EU, UN, someone needs to intervene now!

Well, no they don't.
We need to not interfere with other countries. This is the hard lesson that has to be learned by the USA.
This is the same thinking that has gotten us into war after war and given our Govt. the unlimited power to do what ever the hell it wants in the world.
We need to pull back, not go out again. UN needs to be taken down as well as the EU. This is very tragic, but so are the other million or so that die everyday.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
am i the only one who wants to go there and help?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by stephinrazin

Thank God the Egyptian army would not fire on its own citizens. If the time comes in America, I think our citizen - soldiers won't either.

Well our soldiers will surely fire upon helpless Iraqis and ENJOY it. What does it matter WHAT citizen is being fired upon? A defenseless protester is a defenseless protester, doesn't matter if it's your OWN people it's disgusting nonetheless. Besides I'm not convinced OUR soldiers WOULDN'T fire on us.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cigar

I agree with Cigar!
You might want to check some U.S. history if your so sure the military wont hurt its own people.
edit on 20-2-2011 by notofdahsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The Middle East flame up is the real story of the moment. It comes right out of the Global Financial Meltdown, which is already entering a worse phase.

I would have put this on the Nibiru thread but its been closed down for the moment, but doesn't it strike you as strange all these fantastic stories popping up at the same time? Mass diversions just about everywhere you look. I have posted this theory before on ATS. I don't claim it as my own, but would like to hear what others might think.

The real story of the moment is actually the end of present financial system. What the elites are most afraid of at this very moment is that workers around the world catch on there is very little difference amongst any of them when they suddenly find the struggle to live and the reason for it is shared by all.

The Internet is full of scare stories virtually all of which appear to be in competition to wreak havoc on all of us this year or next. An attempt to take our focus off what is really going down? Consider what is happening now in the Middle East, and how that will undermine the real agenda behind the occupation of the ME by US elites and their allies in other nations that contribute forces there.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That is their matter as hard as it is to see it happen. The global powers are playing with our emotions. We need restraint. We don't need another war which would kill far more than the few innocent protesters. If the people want their freedom enough, they will get it no matter how bloody it will get. The same will be said over in America if ever a revolution occurs.

A couple JFK quotes:

"A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on."

"Domestic policy can only defeat us; foreign policy can kill us."

"I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose."

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant