It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally... Rainbow Six movie in 2006!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
www.imdb.com...

Drool... I've been dreaming of a Rainbow Six movie since I read the book and played the game. Classics.

It will rock!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
i drool with you. one of my favroite books. i hope they stick close to the book though. unlike the sum of all fears. still sum was a good movie. please stay along the lines of the book mr. woo please for the love of god!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Acutally, I hope they kind use the game's story more than the book's. I liked the book, but I didn't particularly like the substance of the story.

I say the basic backstory and missions/action should be based on the game, but the characterization and inner happenings should be based on the novel.

As for the characters, they should use both characters from the book and from the game. So they should have Peter Covington and Gerald Morris, for example.

It'd be real interesting to see a movie on modern-day terrorism from 1999 - 2000 (Rainbow Six takes place then). Most interesting, all this happens well before 9/11.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
ohhhhhhhhh a rainbow 6 film!!!
cant wait!
i hope they use the book story its much more entertaining.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Man I havent read the book, I have read a lot of tom clanys work though particularly the net force series. But I am addicted to the games for some reason I cant even go a day with out playing covert ops...
:uzi

Edit. Cut down the shooters to make the page narrow again.

[Edited on 24-8-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I wonder who the terrorists would be.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Who would you guys think would be decent actor's for it? Perhaps John Leguizamo as Chavez? Who do you thik could could play the others?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
For those that don't know, we HAVE seen Mr. Clark (William DaFoe) AND Domingo "Ding" Chavez on the big screen in the movie Clear and Present Danger.

Domingo "Ding" Chavez - Raymond Cruz

I also liked him in the Substitute and The Rock. I say give it to him.

To quote Ding from Clear and Present Danger (from imdb.com)

Sergeant Major : Soldier, how did you get so close to me?
Chavez : Sniper approached the instructor by being a sneaky bastard, Sergeant Major!

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Im going to hate this movie just like i hated the Sum of all fears movie. They take a perfectly good book and butcher it into 100 minutes of worthless entertainment for the masses. If you havent read the book it might still be worthwhile to see. However if your like me and have read the book, im betting that this film will be a dissapointment.

(*note*) The only good Clany book adapted to a movie was Hunt for Red October, which actually stayed close to the story line.(*note*)

new topics

top topics

join