It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Discussion of the Possible Relationship of Luna and SeismIc Activity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

What you want to do if you feel up to the task is record each time this happens to coincide and also keep a log of earthquakes that do not call under thise alinment. It might show and interesting pattern.
edit on 20-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Stupid iPhone auto correct

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

again rite at the edge of the shadow on the moon view

www.smeter.net...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

earthquake.usgs.gov...
another one 4.7
www.smeter.net...

you have to look at them within the hour or the moon view wont line up
edit on 20-2-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I found that out the other day. We're going to work on the assumption that each of them you post in this thread follow that particular pattern. I know you can't be watching 24/7, would be nice if we had someone wathlching this that lived in a different time zone so we would know we've got total coverage.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

after so many years of crabing I could watch 24/7 butIi would need donations of tobaco and caffine, (double mochas prefered) lol

and all of the ones i posted lined up at the time of the post I would think that moon program could be used to show a location at a certian time? Im not a computer wizard by a long shot (no cape, no staff, no crystal ball, but i do have a few books lol)

earthquake.usgs.gov...
this is one that didnt make the list
edit on 20-2-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I did a study for a month last year of New Zealand earthquakes tides/moon phase/earthquakes

there was no relationship at all.

Thing is that often a big quake will hit on a Full Moon or Perigee and you think "ha! so it does relate", but there are just as many quakes that hit when its between phases, so its BS.

I'm running a longer term study now, the quakes are marked on the graphs and the moon phases where relevant in text underneath.

So you tell me if there is a relationship or not

seabreeze.wordpress.com...

18th Full Moon and 19th Perigee did not reult in anything significant here, a 17 event micro/very minor swarm at Kawerau and 3 micros on Mt. Ruapehu, been having 4's quite regular all this year so nothing there.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
you know after reading about harp etc, (dont really buy into it as a earthquake maker) but i though well if you sorta put 2 and 2 and looked at it from a bigger view of it. Im not so sure the ocean tides would match. there is more fluid in movment, As where the land would have less movment with each "tide". Think of it this way take a ballon (blown up) push on one side it swells. the other side doesnt swell out it is distrubuited close to the preasure point. now as you turn the balloon pressure is distributed. now take the ballon and fill with water. and notice the differance. now the other side is more deformed and the presure is distributed over a larger area. So if the moon has enough force to force the oceans around so well. what would it be doing to the magma under the crust?. the crust is like the balloon.

Ok back to the harp part of this (again i dont believe just trying to see both sides of a coin) so if harp could cause earthquakes, would it be able to do it with radio waves in the atmosphere? or would it be better to concentrate and make a beam. then how would you make the beam go where you wanted it? I would think you would need a big type of repeater to bounce the signal off of? lets say the moon? and if you did use the moon how? you could use it but it would have to have a certian angle that the refracted signal would have to be used?

now if you where bouncing a signal it would have to fall withing the shadow of the moon or verry close to it maybe 15 degrees to either side?
Just a rambling of thoughts.
I will say after 25 years at sea the moon effects weather. the winds and storms seem to always follow a tide.
lets say after a full tide the wind always picks up. I learned from a old timer that when a storm is comming always try and beat the full tide in lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
ok just to be a psycic im going to say that there will be a 4+ in the next hour in japan,
or the indonesia withing the next 2 hours, the moon shadow line is almost there now lol.
it is now at the northern tip of Au.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

earthquake.usgs.gov...
verry close on the timeing within 2 hours just off a little on the placment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join