It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair pays first instalment of "Blood Price"plus further instalments.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
..........as you may of guessed it was someone elses blood and the price was paid by someone elses family.

Could there possibly be a more emotive phrase that will haunt Blairs' Premiership.With every death this will become more politically damaging.

www.guardian.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 23-3-2003 by John bull 1]

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If I thought patriotism was anything other than a grotesque excuse to commit acts of butchery against peoples other than your own, I'd probably have somthing touching to say about laying down of lives for the cause.

I'll setle for hoping that every dead peron, Iraqi, British or American, goes a little way to getting these morons out of power, and stoping them turning young men and women into their hired killers. Maybe if we piled up the corpses on the steps of congress or somthing.
"YOU want em dead, YOU bury em..'

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I think we are all assuming this is more damaging to Blair than it really is. The fact remains that his party is with him, the oppostion is with him to an extent and the majority of the population is with him ( you may say look how many people protest but these remain the minority not majority). Its easy enough to say he will suffer but most of the people who disagree will not vote at the next election because they are generally apathetic about these things, the older population will once again turn out and vote a labour government in with TB as PM. He is more likely to suffer from his own crap policies on health education etc than this war.

With the first article talking about a blood price I think I`d like to see the interview first. Even though the Guardian is dear to my heart, I would not have put it past them to take a comment like this out of context or at least left out a crucial phrase.

Just taking you up on the second article, I don`t honestly see what relevance it has to any potential damage on his career. Are we not all clever enough to realise and does not history teach us that crashes of this kind happen with or without warfare. The people were unfortunate but wherever the helicopter was it would have crashed.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Cassini,We all knew that British servicemen would be killed.I am just pointing out the crass way Blair saw British deaths before the conflict.It won't be too long before the media start to rehash the "Blood Price" statement and then with every death we can expect it to reappear.If we hear of British deaths everyday for two weeks and everyday the media mention the "Blood Price" it will damage him.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 03:58 AM
link   
quote from Guardian

"Tony Blair has confirmed that he is prepared to send British troops into combat against Saddam Hussein after agreeing that Britain has to pay a "blood price" to secure its special relationship with the US."

Now I`ll agree with you if this is really what he said. However given the way the newspaper has taken the words "blood price" out of the interview, and then put its own interpretation on his words seems to indicate that there may be more to it.

If he did say this and it can be taken literally I will be substantially changing my views. British people soldiers, citizens or anyone else are NOT pawns in a political game where we are playing buddy buddy with America. When I see the interview I hope he has been misquoted but if he has n`t I think I`ll be doing some campaigning.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
OK,Here it is in The Times.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

I can post up CNN,BBC,or The Independent if you want.He definitely said it.

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Cheers for that John. The Guardian not quoting the full piece (not that the Times is but its more fleshy) had me thinking he was misquoted. It seems he has n`t. I`ll still wait for the full interview but with a comment like this I`ll be readjusting my opinion. What an effing idiot.

dom

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
cassini - I still haven't seen a definitive poll that points to the majority of people backing this war. In the last few days two showed a majority against (one at 70% (London), one at 45% (the country as a whole) and another with a majority in favour, but still less than 50%.

Personally I think the media is currently living in a blissful "let's cover the war" state, with everyone heralding Blair's "victory" in managing to bully his party in to line. The cracks will open up again when this war is over, or if this war goes on for more than 2 weeks without a definite end in sight. Blair is just living on the adrenaline of initial victory at the moment ("YES! I've got the UK into a WAR!!")...

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
War time polls are made up, it's a well known fact...

dom

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Most things are at a time of war. Like the "SCUD" attacks yesterday, which will almost undoubtedly turn out to be Al-Samoud missiles...

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom
Most things are at a time of war. Like the "SCUD" attacks yesterday, which will almost undoubtedly turn out to be Al-Samoud missiles...

already did

man this is getting worse and worse .. force iraq to disarm and then bomb .. this is THE crime they really should have avoided

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Yes,Al-Samoud missiles that were declared and would of been destroyed if the inspecters were allowed to continue for another month as per tha Canadian compromise plan.

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
While ATS was out of action a further 6 Britons were killed.

This Sunday morning we are getting imformation that there are further instalments being paid for the "Blood Price" that Tony Blair said we,as a country had to pay.

So current deaths 14 plus more when we get details of this RAF plane not coming back.

news.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join