It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RARE EARTHQUAKE..3.5 Dauphin Island, Alabama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Is it just me or has there been a lot more "minor" earthquake activity along the New Madrid another 2.0 just happened along the fault line earlier today. All I am saying is I usually stay tuned with the usgs and there are a lot popping up.
MO 2.0 2/18/2011

edit on 18-2-2011 by KingJod because: Spelling errors.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by xavi1000
Why don't open a new thread for every weak earthquake on Earth
....3.5 is a joke

So when Manhattan has a 'weak' earthquake of 3.5 (that will likely take down some older buildings), I'll just add this on to here just for you!

Now, don't worry. Everything is perfectly normal. Enjoy your weekend

Yeah here in Alabama an earthquake of any magnitude is a little on the strange side if a 3.5 hit N.Y,LA or some other big city everybody would be freaking out.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Solar activities + earthquakes is not an unknown consideration. The Sun is hugely active. It's almost angry!
It's acting like a sniper shooting out CME's that can shut down planet Earth (as far as the grid)!

So if you still want to think all this is 'cool' and 'normal' and 'not a big deal' then....I can only hope you're right.

I am planning to leave Florida before this year is out. I have an elder father to think about but.........

I have to do what I feel is right.
I'd rather feel foolish in 20 years looking back than............ risk being right about the next 20 months!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Wow that is strange. I've been there many times on vacation from New Orleans. Maybe its related to the BP hole in the ground.

edit on 18-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

I doubt it...the deepwater horizon goes a fraction into the earth compared to what most oil rigs do. It's a mere pin prick in the earth.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I am planning to leave Florida before this year is out. I have an elder father to think about but.........

I'd rather feel foolish in 20 years looking back than............ risk being right about the next 20 months!

I don't blame you. My sister lives in FL. I wish she would get out of there. She might consider it, but her husband would not...he is too busy playing the stock market and doesn't seem to understand or even notice our earth changes.
I don't think FL a safe place to be.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Solar activities + earthquakes is not an unknown consideration. The Sun is hugely active. It's almost angry!
It's acting like a sniper shooting out CME's that can shut down planet Earth (as far as the grid)!
So if you still want to think all this is 'cool' and 'normal' and 'not a big deal' then....I can only hope you're right.
I am planning to leave Florida before this year is out.I have an elder father to think about but.........

Omg ,you planning to leave Florida and leave you old father because of childish paranoia and false fear ?

edit on 18-2-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I don't believe any of our feelings are childish. These are true feelings for all of us who pay attention.
Either you feel it or you don't. Lots of folks out there that don't, so beit.....but there are many of us that do, and I believe that list is growing!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hardly sounds like a sonic boom!

3.5 earthquake reported off Ala. coast

Updated: Friday, 18 Feb 2011, 7:11 PM CST
Published : Friday, 18 Feb 2011, 6:01 PM CST

MOBILE, Alabama (WALA) - There was a small earthquake off the coast of Alabama Friday night.

The United States Geological Survey reports the 3.5 magnitude earthquake happened at 5:15 p.m. The epicenter was located in the Gulf of Mexico about 10 miles southwest of Gulf Shores.

Just after the reported time of the quake, the Fox10 Newsroom received numerous phone calls from people along the coast who said they felt the tremor.

Bob Grip spoke with Dauphin Island Mayor Jeff Collier shortly after the earthquake. Collier said authorities on the island had not received any reports of damage.

FOX10 News has a crew on the way to Dauphin Island. We will continue to track this story for you right here on Fox10tv.com and on FOX10 News.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

This is an unusual area for quakes. I have been watching the quakes daily for 7 months and have never seen one in this area.

7 whole months huh???

Well, why didn't you say so...obviously you are an expert with all that time under your belt.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I wonder if there were people who felt the need to leave before the Tsunami in 2004. I wonder if there were people like you telling them how stupid and childish they are for thinking that.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
c'mon folks...a 3.5??? that might be enough if you sat real still and quiet to actually feel it. out here in calif, we refer to a 3.5 earthquake as just another day.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

If you wanna leave start packing and just leave, if you felt that way .Don't spread paranoia here .

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkunkSense

I don't believe any of our feelings are childish. These are true feelings for all of us who pay attention.
Either you feel it or you don't. Lots of folks out there that don't, so beit.....but there are many of us that do, and I believe thatlist is growing!

You are wrong !

List is growing on food stamps, unemployment list is growing ,World wide protests list is growing,Us debt is growing ,starving men is growing , shanty towns list is growing etc etc .

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Never claimed any of that. I just saw an earthquake that I haven't seen before in the last 7 months of watching daily. There are normal eq's that show up everyday....it's the first for this region in quite some time.
Nope...not an expert at all. I just read a lot about our earth changes and I believe much of this is out of the norm. Go ahead and read the link in my signature....tell me if all this is normal.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

A blog named The Extinction Protocol....sounds very unbiased.

I clicked on the link...ready "2012 and beyond"....that was all I needed to read.

The Mayans were great at tracking the stars and calculating celestial events...they even found a cycle that repeats, with a very long cycle.

No where does that calendar say or having anything to do with Earth ending. It's a calendar...calendars are cyclical...it's just starting a new cycle. That is if...BIG IF...they have translated the dates correctly...which most likely they haven't.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Hey, I live in the general area so to speak but did not feel anything. Seems it was out in the water or close
to the beach. Wonder if anybody right there felt it.
Now if we start having 5's and such I will think I should really be concerned..or if they keep happening
in the area.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Human_Alien, I don't know if you want my opinion or not
...but, in this case, I at least have to agree that it should be taken note of. It is, admittedly, a strange location for a *relatively* large (note, it's not absolutely large, but the location isn't exactly known for it's magnitude 3 earthquakes) event. On its own, I wouldn't give it the time of day, but, considering the mounting activity in the region, I think that completely ignoring it would be irresponsible.

So, make a note of it and see what the area brings next.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

It says nothing about the earth ending. The title says 2012 and Beyond. If they thought the earth is ending in 2012, I don't think they would have added "And Beyond"
You evidently didn't bother to read the articles. Most of them have links that connect to the original article that originated in that country/city. And some of the links connect to major networks.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I, for one, appreciate the information. I never really paid attention to current events, or strange occurances until recently.Thank You and Please keep us informed.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm in Mobile, not too far from Dauphin Island, and didn't feel a thing. We had Mardi Gras going on when the earthquake was measured so I'm sure that the vibrations from the drums and tubas may have covered it up for us if it did reach this far in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join