It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 3.5 - WESTERN FLORIDA

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by crimsonninja
reply to post by Human_Alien

ok i was just telling you what fox and the usgs said but if you want to milk somemore flags and stars and scare people
go for it, just pretend i never said what really happened.

What really happened? According to FOX?

Then explain the earthquake in Alabama at almost the exact same time?

Two states? One sonic boom?

Please.

FOX also said they were sorry for f'ing up Ron Paul's strawpoll win too.
Whatever................................

Actually I think both areas could feel a sonic boom at the same time. They are not that far apart from each other. I could be wrong but I base this on the shuttle and the sonic boom when it comes back. I have felt it in both places I have lived which are 70miles apart from each other so it wouldnt surprise me that if this were a sonic boom that is was felt in both places. The sonic boom from the shuttle shakes the entire house!

As for earthquakes in Florida I didn't know FL even had them!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I live in N.C. too and have noticed the same rumblings. We thought it was jets but then it sounded Earth-based and thought it might be blasting too.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Mobile Bay is a horst and graben system.......
www.gsa.state.al.us...
So movement in the area is not uncommon.....

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
people are talking about stars and flags - do you get a prize after so many?

edit on Sat Feb 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsonninja

So, forgive my ignorance..but does a sonicboom show as a 3.5 quake at a depth of 3 point whatever miles. I really don't think so.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The earth is constantly going through geologic changes it never stops. It might be small changes but they are always present. The land might rise a few inches, feet, or even miles a year due to changes in the core and volcanic/seismic activity. There have been volcanoes that produced new islands (Hawaii) and there have been disasters have sunken parts of islands etc.

There is a lot of evidence to prove the theory of Pangea, so if at one time the whole world was one giant Continent and it all spread out into 7 different continents then who is to say it can't happen again? We are very very young as far as the earth is concerned. Modern Science is a new thing as of late, so therefore we only have reliable recorods of probably the last 1000 yrs or so. The rest is based on bits and pieces of info found here and there. Like the Hurricane that hit TX in the early 1900's all we know is it was big and basically destroyed Galveston. I also am pretty sure it left a good chunk of the beach underwater.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think the earth is definitely changing,

I don't think the Sun or the planet have anything to do with anything. The planet is over 800 light years away and the Sun goes through these cycles every 11 years.

It is definitely an interesting time and the Madrid line may go at any time, but we will still be here the next day. Well at least we can hope we will all still be here. I can't promise that you or I will be as you know we could get hit by a bus today, tomorrow, etc etc..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Earthquakes are not unheard of in Florida. We have one approximately every 10 years with as many as 6 being recorded in a single year(1886)

earthquake.usgs.gov...

They seem to mainly be originating from south Carolina from what I gather from reading the article,although I assume some could have originated from the Caribbean/Atlantic plates line and some could have originated from the New Madrid fault line depending on which part of the state they're felt in.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by piercebitchone
reply to post by crimvelvet

There was a N.C. quake not too long ago I just sent an email to someone living there about it. Small maybe a 2.5 or so right on the S.C. or TN border there. It's on the USGS page now...

Thanks..just read a little farther and found your post. Still...my location is the middle of N.C. Would we have felt that small quake??

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
has the chit hit the fan?
2nd

edit on Sat Feb 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

I am not really sure, I looked at the responses and the responses were as follows:

16 in Murphy N.C.
4 Blue Ridge GA.
2 McCaysville GA.
6 Mineral Bluff GA.
3 Copperhill TN.
4 Farner TN.
10 Turtle town TN.

My friend is near Raleigh and she didn't feel it...

edit on 19-2-2011 by piercebitchone because: It was a 2.3

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Here's my thing though......had the ancient People NOT talked or mentioned these times then perhaps it wouldn't be that intriguing.

Now, this coupled with 'new planet(s) discovered (admitted) within our solar system" (Sumerians) and magnetic poles moving quickly or at least, steadily (Edgar Cayce) and the alignment to the center of the galaxy (Mayans) then things might not be that relevant.

It is my deep impression, we simply can't understand the ancient warnings so.....the people controlling this planet, play it all down.

And let's forgot all the geo and astral changes. Let's look at the state of this world as a whole.
It' is totally out of control. The global balance is totally off kilter.

I believe planet Earth is a live Being. She feels all this chaos, unbalance and this disharmony. She realizes the Powerful kill. They kill people and the Earth itself.
And it is my belief that She knows this and cannot, will not take much more of it!.

Who is truly happy?
Sure, most of us are making the best out of very difficult and uncertain times BUT... nothing looks promising. All that will come out of this at this rate is, more control and restrictions on this planet.
This is NOT how we're supposed to experience life!

We have been distracted, diverted and taken away from nature into a purely artificial and controlled existence.

So in summation, I truly believe Earth is reacting. The Sun is reacting. Off-world Beings are possibly here to witness this transformation.
I don't know how this will all play out nor do I really buy into any type of 'ascension' however, I do believe everything we know, have and are accustomed to is about to change drastically.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

There has been a lot of seismic activity on earth for the past few months and a lot of people do predict something big is on the way. Just sure hope theres no end of time events related to that

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
people all over the world are going batcrap crazy as we speak (check)

People being retarded and condescending...Check & MATE!

Priceless!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Geez maybe the OP was mistaken maybe he wasn't but why ya gota bash the guy. Some turds on this site for sure. If these so called "alien" messages about us having to learn to love and have peace is true, then 55% of this site is in trouble.

Deebo
edit on 19-2-2011 by Deebo because: to add

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Reply to post by piercebitchone

No, people in Raleigh would not feel those. They are all small and I live in Asheville and we don't feel those here.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

if there was an earthquake i heard it here first !!!! and if it was a sonic boom instead well..I've yet to read
it elsewhere..would have to search the web.
there have been occassional quakes out in the gulf but I've never felt anything to my direct knowledge.
I live inland so to speak in p'cola area. If I ever feel one here and I know what it is, I'll let you all know
if at all possible. Recall years and years ago heard "sonic booms" and the windows rattled. If any
methane gas pockets at the landfill can "go boom" I'm not sure but that could be one explanation.Have been
to Alaska once and felt and heard a smaller quake..sounded like a semi was passing at high speed right
next to the house. Stuff on the wall rattled too. Up in my home town..mid atlantic area..felt the ground
jerk just slightly beneath my feet once..was a real quake but I heard no rumbling. I would not take any
explanation for granted but I'd not get too worked up either less you start getting quakes every few days..even
then I'm not sure about how one should respond. ..if it's better that way to let off some pressure gradually
or if it is a signal for a much bigger quake. Might be neat to see a sandblow as happened during the
last New Madrid quake but not worth the price you'd have to pay in order to be there.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ellieN

from the mid n.c. area myself but don't live there..felt the ground move slightly beneath my feet way way
back in the late sixties...but they may be on the rise in n.c. if the new madrid fault area is shifting.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
so much has happened already in 2011.The vibration here on earth is getting faster and faster as we head to 2012.Time is going so fast and major events are happening one after another. I second that this is going to be one hell of a year.thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Lovely PM I received from human alien for calling him out for his bs, no evidence claims in this thread ("nibiru" etc). Feel bad for the folks that get influenced on this site by egocentric irrational people who think they are alien hybrids and so on. Who knows what hes even babbling about.

Hey,

Here's an idea, why don't you try out for Mensa then report back here on how loudly they laughed at you?

Don't like me? Don't like my experience? Don't like my threads? Don't like my DNA? Don't like my ideologies?
So what do you?.....you keep coming back. Now that's Mensa material!

Hey Dark one here's a tip:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results so, after you find out how un-Mensa you are..... I suggest paying a visit to a Shrink.

You'll remember me when everything you thought you knew, changes!

Later Dark spirit.

Any U2U's will be automatically deleleted
(cutest part at the end there, he can dish it out but doesn't want to hear back, typical "believer")
edit on 19-2-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If it was an earthquake up there in the panhandle area, it didn't make the TV or newspaper news throughout the state like the last one did in 2006.
news.nationalgeographic.com...
The magnitude was a 6 then, and located in the southeastern Gulf, and I personally did feel it. Let me tell you, as a native of the state, that was definitely...unnerving. And that's an understatement, I admit. I freaked the heck out because I thought that a sinkhole was opening up under my home.
We expect hurricanes, tornadoes, lightning strikes, maybe crossing paths with an alligator sometime in our lifetimes. But earthquakes we do not expect. Ever.
Chalk that up to a life experience, we were reminded that we can, and on rare occasions, do experience earthquakes down here.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join