It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 3.5 - WESTERN FLORIDA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The time of the "quake" was listed as 23:15:34 UTC.
The space shuttle could set off a seismometer if they weren't notified to ignore the booms.
I'm not sure what this is but maybe it ties in with ISS somehow?

STS-134 Launch of Space Shuttle Endeavour

Category: Aeronautics and Astronautics

Topic: Shuttle

Event Format: Rocket Launch

Date: NET April 19, 2011

Launch Time: 00:48 GMT (7:48 p.m. EST)

STS-134 Description: Space shuttle Endeavour will deliver an EXPRESS Logistics Carrier-3 (ELC-3) and an Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer (AMS) to the International Space Station.

Launch Site: Kennedy Space Center - Launch Pad 39A

Web Site Address: www.spaceref.com...
edit on 18-2-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

The bickering and personal attacks are causing so many posts to be removed that it's starting to look like Swiss cheese. Stop the personal attacks, bickering, etc. and "play nice" or else. Adherence to this simple request is expected.

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

we are central time here.
that would have made 6:48

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

ATTENTION - PART II!!!

For those of you unable to comprehend that off-topic is off-topic and that personal attacks will not be condoned consider yourselves fairly warned.

Stay on Topic – Please Review This Link.
Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.
YOU are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
found these two station web sites

www.fox10tv.com...

www.wkrg.com...

channel 3 still show nothing

www.weartv.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofast

...i was gonna ask if someone had made the correlation between this quake, other quakes "along" the new madrid fault and the supposed sea floor subduction from the deepwater horizon accident..just a thought.

I wouldn't be too surprised....but, that is just off the top of my head, without having studied the topography...hoping you did, or else you wouldn't have thought of it??

Not sure about subduction, from Deepwater....I mean, IF that blowout had not occurred, they would have removed oil anyways, I presume? Some have made an argument for such activities to contribute to minor settling of the crust, in areas.

I have always had this (unconfirmed) idea that a series of smaller quakes was actually better....to relieve the pent-up stresses, rather than having it go in one big one?? That is yet another theory of quakes, as far as I know...not sure where the current scientific thinking is on it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Mod is right.

All I am doing is presenting news.

Take from it what you want. Don't beat up the messenger.

Listen, 8 years ago when we talked about Nibiru, people shrugged and thought we were crazy. Now?
It's being PERFECTLY accepted.
The PTB are doing such a great job with conditioning that it's a joke (to many)

I see how this whole thing is being played out and many of you (who aren't already awake) are being played.

Now, does this earthquake have anything to do with anything? Who knows. I suspect it does by all the attention that the New Madrid is getting by both the media and USGS reports.

I personally feel ALL of this is connected. Am I a fear monger? I certainly hope you don't feel that way.
I am VERY in tune to Earth and the environment and although you might not agree with EVERYTHING I present I don't expect to be cyberly attacked.

I am not the bad guy here.
If you don't like me, or my threads or my outlook then why bother even posting in a negative way? You can tell us you disagree but to relentlessly attack--- post after post---- is not only unfair, it defeats the entire purpose of this forum.

I am only reporting and.........trying to add my personal feelings to the threads.
Just tell me you disagree if you do. That will get your message not only across but delivered and read by many!

My standing at ATS is fine so please don't insinuate things you have no idea about.
Bottom line, I mean no harm and by no means am I trying to incite panic.
I just want to help by passing on information (and reports, like UFOs) that come my way that might be of value.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
you know even though it was suppose to be a small quake
i wonder why there was no tidal surge or wave
edit on 18-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I found a blurb about it here as well

Herald

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
These small gulf coast quakes are usually related to the huge Chicxulab meteor impact that rang the Earth like a bell and left all kinds of stress cracks under the gulf of Mexico.

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course if you are trying to make surreal connections with the New Madrid fault the first hand earthquake descriptions certainly sound strange.

On the 16th of December, 1811, about two o'clock, a.m., we were visited by a violent shock of an earthquake, accompanied by a very awful noise resembling loud but distant thunder, but more hoarse and vibrating, which was followed in a few minutes by the complete saturation of the atmosphere, with sulphurious vapor, causing total darkness. The screams of the affrighted inhabitants running to and fro, not knowing where to go, or what to do — the cries of the fowls and beasts of every species — the cracking of trees falling, and the roaring of the Mississippi — the current of which was retrograde for a few minutes, owing as is supposed, to an irruption in its bed — formed a scene truly horrible.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
www.wkrg.com...

thought people would like to see where this suppose to be at in the gulf.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofast

I live in Pensacola. My husband and I heard what we thought was a loud plane and did not think anything odd until we heard the Mobile news reporting a quake a few miles off Dauphin Island in Alabama. I can vaguely remember a quake that we felt here in Pensacola a few decades ago. This is not a common thing, and certainly not one that is so close to shore, relatively speaking that is....at any rate , there was a thread linking increased activity of the New Madrid Fault to the Deepwater disaster. The thread is called "Its official the earth is cracking up", and is on the Fragile Earth forum. I apologize that I do not know how to post the link on this ...but the idea that there might be a connection is worth considering.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Fri Feb 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: provided link for post

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Thank you for the map - location is significant.
edit on Sat Feb 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

your welcome.

edit on Sat Feb 19 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Excuse me, but you weren't only presenting "news". You presented a series of "checks". That seems to be the problem here. Keep it simple and informative in the OP.... THEN pronounce what you think is going on after the peeps sound off. Just a bit of advise from someone who's not very good at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join