It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 3.5 - WESTERN FLORIDA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by crimsonninja

What does his/her other threads have to do with this one? Its a legitimate thread, on a legitimate topic. If many of the other threads started by the OP are doom and gloom, so? This is ATS. He/she is certainly not alone in that. I just dont understand why a couple of you feel the need to bully the OP. Or pick on him/her in a thread where they are NOT making doomsday claims, but this one is just about an earthquake in Florida.

I just really dont understand the personal attacks on the OP. If you think he/she is violating the TnC, report him/her. But dont violate the TnC yourself by derailing, or forum bullying, or attacking the poster not the topic.

I dont see anyone bullying the OP..
I see people saying this is basically not the sign of the apocalypse...
He posted all this stuff about
Nibiru
about the Sun coming up early yet he has ignore my request from a legit source about that.
about Fema doing earthquake drill in Arkansas again I asked for a legit source.. he ignored me once again.
(I tried a google search and it directed me back to this topic lol, also tried a google news search and found nothing)

He posted about Meteors falling which 6 grade astronomy Meteors come into earths atmosphere nearly daily.

Like I said I would hope Fema is trying to stock up on supplies..it just seems like common sense to me...

basically people are trying to convince this guy its not the end of the world.

and Florida has had minor earthquakes..
earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 18-2-2011 by AtruthGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
did any body catch what i said about the report.
if you go any of the distances listed in the report ,
you are in the gulf of mexcio.
edit on 18-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

look, if you want to believe in nibiru and and all of that other nonsense that the op is spewing and you think it has
anything to do with this 3.5 i feel sorry for you ! if you want to ride the fear train with the op do it! sorry for denying
ignorance there is a diffrence in reporting a low mag 3.5 and then you throw in nibiru , and fema and stir it up to
get some mystery going on really? dont be attacking me because i am getting in the way of you're doom delusion!
this is not what ats is about, maybe you should go to glp ,

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
just something people might want to see

/www.sciencebuzz.org/blog/earthquake_sonic_boom_or_military_test

that should add fuel to the fire.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I remember that map but afraid I didn't save it. I will try to find it also - thanks

Don't beat up the OP because he wants to inform people - I was interested in this thread as Fl. quakes are rare and in addition we have all the quakes going on in Arkansas - I am wondering if there is a connection.

I take the sonic boom report with a great big tablet of salt, I don't believe most of what the media reports when they think it has disturbed the sheeple from their robotic don't ask - we will tell you what it is shanigans! They come up with a story real quick on what something is or isn't in hopes no one questions anything further. The members of ATS ask questions and dig a further for information as we should continue to do.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I like this op's threads usually (wether I agree or not). only thing I ever objected to in regards to his opinion was that I thought the phoenix lights were flares. as far as anything else goes, if you feel you can/have debunked him then good for you, but a couple of you obviously are rubbed the wrong way by everything he post. don't read/respond, simple as that.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
so according a sonic boom can tigger
a seismometer. planes from eglin fly over the gulf all
the time.

When a plane flies faster than the speed of sound (about 750 miles per hour) it creates shock wave similar to the sound of thunder that can often be felt and heard on the ground. This sort of blast can trigger seismometers on the ground that are normally used to detect earthquakes. This might be why the USGS thought there was an earthquake in the area when the two planes flew overhead yesterday.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
lol still waiting for a LEGIT source for the claims he's made. I'm just curious on the Fema Earthquake drills, and the sun rising early. I can't find anything.
Isn't it a bannable offense to post something is knowingly untrue? but whatever....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
This is an unfortunate example of crying wolf. The OP has had some interesting threads, but I can understand the scepticisim.

SO...here's the deal. It WAS an earthquake, not a sonic boom:

Magnitude 3.5
Date-Time Friday, February 18, 2011 at 23:15:34 UTC
Friday, February 18, 2011 at 05:15:34 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 30.180°N, 87.848°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region WESTERN FLORIDA
Distances 60 km (35 miles) SSE of Mobile, Alabama
65 km (40 miles) WSW of Pensacola, Florida
70 km (45 miles) ESE of Pascagoula, Mississippi
285 km (175 miles) SSW of MONTGOMERY, Alabama

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 15 km (9.3 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 25, Nph= 25, Dmin=326.9 km, Rmss=1.33 sec, Gp=176°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=6
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2011hmbx

USGS

This area IS of interest due to its location and low occurance of quakes in said area.

For those that are interested in learning more, I would suggest you go to the quake thread, or the current thread about the arkansas quakes...I still think there may be a connection between them.

No fear mongering...just some facts and a little opinion.

Whose crying wolf? I am doing a service (or so I thought) by providing information.
Why am I the bad guy?

I do feel many things are connected though.

So take from it what you will.

Would you rather me post about Angelina and Brad?
I really thought I was doing people a favor but by the looks of things, I guess I'm not.

I'm sorry and will back off for a while and let others post for a while.
Again, I thought I was reaching out and doing a service to others. Sorry!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

True a sonic boom could do that..however reports of the quake being felt over 400 miles would make that not a likely event...from what I understand the boom will travel aprox 1 mile for every 1000 ft altitude of the plane ie. 30,000 feet= 30 miles

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join