It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now planned parenthood and cancer screening is being attacked???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Come ON, government. Yesterday I find out Obama wants to completely almost eliminate the programs that help poor and elderly keep life giving heat and electric in their homes. And I posted about it too.
And now today I find out they want to stop planned parenthood (which cancer screening for women also is included). So, they want to stop the heat and electricity for elderly and the poor and now they want us to make MORE babies instead of having the means to NOT make more to burden the country? *Not that babies are burdens! But given how we're teetering on a brink of a financial disaster, it's really not wise to bring more mouths into the country - especially if we're so broke we have to kill off the elderly and poor in the winter. Lol this country. *eye rolls* I can't even get mad, I'm so disgusted with the Government....

War on Contraception: Congress 1, Women 0
Anti-choice lawmakers vote to de-fund Planned Parenthood, threatening women’s access to contraception and cancer screenings
Washington, D.C. – Nancy Keenan, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, said today’s vote in the House to defund Planned Parenthood is an example of how elections have consequences for women’s health. The House adopted an amendment to the continuing resolution, or C.R., offered by anti-choice Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) that would eliminate funding for preventative-health services, including contraception and cancer screenings, at Planned Parenthood clinics across the country. The House is expected to pass the overall budget measure, which will then move to the Senate. ...

www.prochoiceamerica.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
the republicans in congress want to do this...they need to completely dismantle any fed support for the middle class and poor...they want the U.S. to become a third world country...and that is an act of treason and betrayal to the the average joes that make up the vast majority of the population. i know let's put in a new rule for elections...anyone with income or assets over 1 million dollars can not run for any federal office.
edit on 18-2-2011 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by jimmyx because: completion of thought

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Now I don't normally get into politics and stuff, but this is stirring up some bad thoughts.
The stupid old men in Congress do not rub elbows with the percentage of the population that needs Planned Parenthood's help.
They don't know what a boon it has been to the People.
I hate them.

join