It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PERFECT Example of Why Citizens need to be Armed...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Actually, I have to agree with the OP that this incident in Bahrain is exactly the reason why civilians should have guns. Sure 1 gun against an army isn't going to do squat but if you get a bunch of people trained to do what needs to be done then a small handful of them can reek havoc on any trained military. Besides a smart person fighting a better equipped army knows enough to take any munitions left behind and work to capture footholds so the invading/occupying army has to withdraw.

It's pretty insane to think that America is anywhere close to this point right now but there is still the realm of possibility that things can turn very sour here very quickly and we may be in the same position as those non-violent protesters being gunned down. If anyone ever wants to do themselves a huge favor, read and understand two important documents: The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution. Specifically from The Constitution the Bill of Rights. Our forefathers who fought in the revolutionary war and established the new government of the colonies name The United States of America knew what was needed for the people to stay in control of this nation. I won't ramble any longer and hopefully this post wasn't completely off topic.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Now run along and come back with a smart assed little post and prove my point.

Yeah, that's right sweet nutz,

You're not supposed to understand sweety.
You are what is called a "VICTIM"

Victims can NOT and NEVER will understand the mindset of a warrior.
Warriors can NOT and NEVER will understand the mindset of a victim.

Hmmm, these posts made me think of this:
People that dish out insults when persuading someone CAN NOT and NEVER WILL understand why others choose to persuade without insulting.
People who choose to persuade without insults CAN NOT and NEVER WILL understand why others choose to insult when they persuade.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I guess you told me,
You Win!

I don't have any bad feelings towards those I disagree with just so you know.
Sometimes I get a little excited and can come across a little/alot harsh. I don't mean to insult.
I am just trying too hard to make a point.

I am simply stating the obvious.

There seems to be two very different types of personalities in this world.

One of people who feel they have no power over their environment, thus, making them in a very real sense of the word

VICTIMS!
Victims of their environments. Victims of circumstance. Victims of their Goverment. Victims of life.

Then there are those who have zero regard for their own lives when the situation calls for it.
let me repeat.......WHEN THE SITUATION CALL FOR IT!
This is not to say that they walk around,day to day, with zero regard for their lives. Rather, they enjoy and appreciate life and would just as soon live than die but,........When it is time to act these people will totally disconnect from their desire to live and can be relied upon to do what they feel is just, no matter what the outcome is sure to be.
Thus we call them
Warriors.

Just two totally different mindsets and neither will ever be able to understand how the other can think the way they do.
Just an observation. If I am wrong then I am wrong but, from where I stand I'm not.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Now that I understand

I'm down with passion and intensity, it's just when I am reading, which may entail learning AND actually changing my mind about something, I stop at an insult because it's just a personal turn off, and there are others here that feel the same way. Granted these are just opinions for the mix, but I have seen people be able to agree to disagree, but maybe still have learned something from one another.

I can relate to what you were saying too, in the heat of a situation like that, when my countrymen/women were being shot, I and many others would go full on warrior and that always has it's place. As does the victim, the two cannot exist separate, with the exception of a military outfit maybe.
Let's just hope we are not faced with it here, but you know if anyone started shooting into the crowds the people would not stand for it.

spec

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Is this what is coming to our streets?? Like David Icke suggested...., please don't be violent, we can't fight the army, they have the weapons we don't. We have to be wiser than that!
This is so bad.....what can we do if this happens here???

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Instinct for survival doesn't make anyone "warriors" or better yet it can make a warrior out of anything...the will to live is so strong.

Survival instinct we have in abundance.

We just can't settle on how.
It is foresight, effective and planning we're missing from the equation.

Sentience.

Right now we are a clamoring mob.
A ship with everyone steering her in their own direction.
Say what you want about the Chinese but they manage to accomplish great things working together.
We can do it in the US (without the human rights abuses) but we have to CHOOSE TO WORK COLLECTIVELY.
That isn't gonna happen.
We are such individualists so why we need to start small and settle/solve ALL THOSE THINGS WE ALL AGREE UPON...and work the rest out later on.
Get together..it is happening as we speak...

We also need to set our PRIORITIES.
Name the critical issues...Sustainability, overpopulation, dwindling resources, wetlands, forests...etc...

We can't afford another really wrong move.
We can't handle another "oops, our bad" moment.

HUSBANDRY is what is so desperately needed in our Nation and on this planet.

Someone that sees the big picture and cares about the outcome.
Who might that be?

By necessity...It will have to be ALL of us, seeing it, getting it...together.

Or at least enough of us to bring about a critical shift...maybe that is what is destined for 2012.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Mans inhumanity to man knows no bounds. Violence like this is always on the table it seems. For all any goernment. Even in America..

If those people in the video had guns, would they be carrying them, at a peaceful demonstration? I think not.
What needs to change is not weather a man has a gun or not. What must change is his willingness to use
a gun on his fellow man. The heart of man is evil. If even a single one of us is willing to kill another human being.

Good post.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
all citizens should have a weapon so when they bring the martial law or whatever ur better off to go out in a blast lol
nevermind forget everything i said yo

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
chinese soldiers will be the ones shooting at americans if it goes that way
no way they would (COULD) get the own troops to do it
So you get the most expendable citizen country to fight the resistance while keeping the world half calm because
"its not that bad because its not our own troops shooting us its another countrys no prob"
youll hear that

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

Well Mr. Sarcastic it seems our modern military has a weakness to 1940's production soviet weapons like the ak47 and the mosin nagant.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by iamaperson

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Sinnthia

I highly doubt that any regular person will stand a chance against the military

It's not about "standing a chance"
It's about TRYING.
If you win, you are free!
If you lose, YOU DIE!!!
How is this so hard to understand????

Ohhh, wait.
I know.

Oh, ok, well lets put it this way, you DIE. I highly doubt you will SURVIVE if you go against the military with your little weapons, you won't help much. That was my idea, but I know I am wrong. You will make a difference, please try (If it ever happens, which I doubt).

PS. I love the quote.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join