It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Views of Karma

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
reply to post by Akragon

I've heard that before we're incarnated we litterally design our own life as to what events will take place in said life, what experiences we'll have and so on... We write our life chart before we are born...

Quite frankly, if the design of our life were up to us, we would make a complete botch of it.

We write our own script in the sense that our actions in this life lay the groundwork for future lives, but the actual design and blueprint is far too complex for the self, even the higher self. Our lives are very intricately interwoven with so many others, one would really need to design all their lives as well to mesh with our own. And then those other lives are entangled with other lives, and so on, and so forth. Well, you get the picture.
edit on 19-2-2011 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

I would think once we die we're on a higher plane of existance, even with God. Such things might not be so far fetched if at that point we exist as part of the conciousness that is God.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed.

We are nothing if not structured patterns of energy.

The body is the matrix to hold that energy.

Structures tend to hold their shape.

The particular energy structure that constitutes the unique you at this moment is formed of all the choices/nonchoices you've made in your life: whatever walk you've walked.

Nature recycles everything, so why would consciouness be different?

So when the body dies, the loosely held structures of your spirit that depend upon the matrix of the body for their support are gone, only the core, the most strongly held parts survive and find a new matrix. Over time the core self tightens, expands, and grows stronger and more self-aware, eventually taking charge of it's own growth and the direction of that growth; evil works as well as good, maybe better.

Karma, I think, derives from a conflict between differing parts of our lives' histories, in the struggle between growing more good or more evil. Elder spirits who have firmly and consistently chosen one path or another are untroubled by karma, I suspect. It is when we are as yet unfirmed (unfirmed is a deliberate choice of words) in our patterns of being that the energies swirling around difficult choices or potential swing events allows for karma to effect outcomes.

On some levels you might say that karma is a resolution of a quantum state.
edit on 19-2-2011 by apacheman because: sp

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would think once we die we're on a higher plane of existance, even with God. Such things might not be so far fetched if at that point we exist as part of the conciousness that is God.

There used to be a saying around in the 80's, "just because you're dead doesn't mean you're smart", and I do go along with it to a great extent. What that means to me is that death does not automatically confer great spiritual wisdom and enlightenment on a soul. We may be as ignorant as in our earthly existence, or we may even be in a comatose state while our next incarnation is being prepared. I think it is an individual thing, each soul has a different path to tread, so it is hard to generalize.

Still, I don't dispute that some souls may be "with God" when they die, but then I have to wonder why they would choose to spend a miserable life in spiritual oblivion here on Earth.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

I have to wonder why they would choose to spend a miserable life in spiritual oblivion here on Earth.

That is also the choice they make... the idea being if you don't learn your lessons while you're here, you're comming back for another round...

Speaking of which, i just stumbled upon something interesting...

Gen 4
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Gods Karmic answer to murder?

Kill somene and you have 7 more lives to live to repent? Perhaps in which you will be killed as you killed?

Wouldn't that teach you, if not humble you if your body had to die 7 times just to releave your Karmic debt?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The doctrine of karma is an elaborate justification for slavery.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
The doctrine of karma is an elaborate justification for slavery.

Please explain..

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This thread died a year ago...

And the subject has come up again...

Some consider Karma to be a justification for slavery as the poster above replied...

Anyone care to explain that?

And raise the dead in the process

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Karmic debt being used as an excuse to freely enslave people. If the popular view of karma is to be believed, those slaves were former slave owners.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join