It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Views of Karma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'd like to hear other views on the subject of karma.

I've read a few Books on the subject including the bhagavad gita, and through all i've read i came to my own conclusions.

God's creation is perfect in every way, which is why he has no need to intervien in human affairs. We're all here to learn the lessons of life, but unfortunatly it rarely takes only one incarnation thus we must return to this physical realm to continue our learning once we die. Your karma is a build up of your positive and negetive experiences in your incarnations. In some cases Karma built up from a past incarnation can be resolved easily through positive actions, helping others etc etc... In other cases such as murder, it might take another life time, possibly several... in which case one of those next lives, you are doomed to recieve the same treatment as you treated your victim.

This applies to everything from the lost of a child, to rape, starvation and any other situation you can think of, again its a perfect system.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

And again and again, if you don't learn your lessons you're here to learn.

Do onto others as you would have them do on to you..... this isn't some preschool sidenote we learned when we were all young, its a warning that's echoed through out history. What you do will come back to you in this life or the next.

This is what i feel is right to me, it rings true in my heart. Please keep in mind im not pushing my beliefs on anyone, believe what you will...

Feel free to post your views or opinions

Peace friends

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You shouldn't need the reward of good things, Just treat everyone the way you want to be treated.. I think it's good if someone smiles..Kindness doe's not ask for collateral..And it gives us respect as people..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Karma is a tool for learning.
Dog obeys, he gets a treat.
Dog disobeys, he gets discipline.
No matter who describes Karma, or in what wonderfully articulated way, Karma is a tool for learning.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
You shouldn't need the reward of good things, Just treat everyone the way you want to be treated.. I think it's good if someone smiles..Kindness doe's not ask for collateral..And it gives us respect as people..

true, but many of those are good for the ego, but karma is here to teach you. that is the only reward that you can recieve on this planet and take to your next life, or use freely when you have ascended. the point is that yes, it should be a habit to be respectful and kind, but you know just as well as i, that it doesnt work that way with children. we are still children, and by making ourselves better we take that knowledge with us. those memories from all of the lives you have had here ( all available in full clarity upon completion of your trials ) is the only reason you are here

when you have beaten these trials you escape this material plane and ascend

we humans are creatures that straddle the line of love/fear. we can go either way, and we will eventually

karma, in my opinion is the name for the small unseen energies manifesting from your concentrated thoughts (prayers) as well
have you met someone who will pray for something, and recieve it, just to have an equal and opposite effect later? karma is the energy of the universe (universe=god?) and to risk sounding nerdy is "the force"
all energy can be transformed into matter, and all matter can be transformed into energy. i wonder everyday why people cant see these connections between everything in their life. every single life is so delicately intertwined that there is no way i can ever go back to believing in coincidences

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
In other cases such as murder, it might take another life time, possibly several... in which case one of those next lives, you are doomed to recieve the same treatment as you treated your victim.

So you are saying God is going to use someone to murder
you to punish you for what you did in your previous life. Then
is that person responsible for murdering you since God
set it up? Or is he free of Karma? How does being murdered
actually teach you anything? How would you know why you are
being murdered? Is Karma about teaching or punishment?
If your mother gets cancer is that punishment or teaching?
If you kill a Sacred Cow will you be punished?
Are poor people,or sick people being punished for their karma?
edit on 18-2-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching

true, but many of those are good for the ego, but karma is here to teach you. that is the only reward that you can recieve on this planet and take to your next life, or use freely when you have ascended. the point is that yes, it should be a habit to be respectful and kind, but you know just as well as i, that it doesnt work that way with children. we are still children, and by making ourselves better we take that knowledge with us. those memories from all of the lives you have had here ( all available in full clarity upon completion of your trials ) is the only reason you are here

when you have beaten these trials you escape this material plane and ascend

we humans are creatures that straddle the line of love/fear. we can go either way, and we will eventually

karma, in my opinion is the name for the small unseen energies manifesting from your concentrated thoughts (prayers) as well
have you met someone who will pray for something, and recieve it, just to have an equal and opposite effect later? karma is the energy of the universe (universe=god?) and to risk sounding nerdy is "the force"
all energy can be transformed into matter, and all matter can be transformed into energy. i wonder everyday why people cant see these connections between everything in their life. every single life is so delicately intertwined that there is no way i can ever go back to believing in coincidences

While I respect that..I am not a very spiritual person these days. But I can make peace with myself, as long as I make one person smile..Or if I make a effort To help someone out if my assistance is needed. People have many different ways of thinking, And coping.. And at the end of the night the idea is the same..As long as the message is not misunderstood.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

In other cases such as murder, it might take another life time, possibly several... in which case one of those next lives, you are doomed to recieve the same treatment as you treated your victim.

This person would be born into a situation where at some point in his lifetime he would be killed in the same manner in which he did the killing in his past incarnation.

How would you know? Well once you returned to God which we all do, you could then look back on what you did, and understand how it felt....lesson learned.

God doesn't need to use people for murder, its something thats always existed and always will until we all realize we are all a part of each other.

In a world where love reigns, murder and hatred have no place. Unfortunatly such a world doesn't exist...yet

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's my understanding that we bring karma upon ourselves MOSTLY due to our mentalities and decisions in life, it's as if our positive and negative personality traits set us up to either be rewarded or scolded. Imagine if you will a married man or woman cheating on their spouse, even if this person doesn't get found out he'll/she'll forever judge others on his or her low standard in terms of morality, ultimately causing problems in his or her love life until the flaw is addressed.

I also believe we give ourselves the opportunity to benefit from negative/positive experiences prior to reincarnation, whether it's being on the receiving end of a high-school bully or a hearty attempt in the suppression of the primal instincts connected to the human body being flooded with testosterone and various other hormones that may incite violent thoughts or behaviors.

This is just an example but i hope you understand my meaning, the victim of the aforementioned bullying scenario would either become a bully as part of our basic defense mechanisms or righteously vow to never treat an individual with such blatant disregard, perhaps even both at different times.

Sorry about how i phrase this, I have dyslexia.
edit on 18-2-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching

While I respect that..I am not a very spiritual person these days. But I can make peace with myself, as long as I make one person smile..Or if I make a effort To help someone out if my assistance is needed. People have many different ways of thinking, And coping.. And at the end of the night the idea is the same..As long as the message is not misunderstood.

finally a good reply, ty sir. i am only spiritual because ive seen so much of it. my path isnt your, i respect your posts and am pleased to have lived beside you

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

This person would be born into a situation where at some point in his lifetime he would be killed in the same manner in which he did the killing in his past incarnation.

How would you know? Well once you returned to God which we all do, you could then look back on what you did, and understand how it felt....lesson learned.

God doesn't need to use people for murder, its something thats always existed and always will until we all realize we are all a part of each other.

In a world where love reigns, murder and hatred have no place. Unfortunatly such a world doesn't exist...yet

Karma is the HIndu version of Sin. Thats all.
Your pseudo answers are inadequate.
You havent a clue about it. Nobody does.
Do you realize that prior to modern medicine,even a few hundred years ago, 50 or more percent of all children died from diseases? So its your opinion that they all were being punished for their karma? Thats hard to believe.
I am a Non Dualist, that has studied Yoga with an Adept Enlightened Guru and I find most of this Karma to be Unbelievable

And having to be murdered to learn not to murder sounds more
like punishment. If God is everyone then why would God
punish himself? And why couldnt you just learn your lesson
from God without the punishment? And what is learning anyway.
That kind of learning has nothing to with Spirituality.
Even Jesus said spirituality is not a function of works.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My understanding of Karma is different. I see karma as sort of a program. Your life program to be precise, that you wrote (with strong influences from astral guides of course) before incarnation. That program is based on what the soul must learn as far as experiences are concerned. From the smallest exploits to the biggest exploits, all is written in advance for free will is an illusion and we are all victims of our own destiny. It's part of the cosmic lie that is affecting all souls evolving on this planet.

Just my 2 cents...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Karma? Are we not in an illusion? Is Maya not an illusion? Is not this 3D experience an illusion? Hindu and Buddhist doctrine say so and the concept of Karma is of those two faiths. So. Where does one accrue Karma? In the Maya, the illusion is where one accrues Karma. So is not Karma an illusion as well? Of course it is! Now there is cause and effect while inside the Maya. Namaste

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Karma is the HIndu version of Sin. Thats all.
Your pseudo answers are inadequate.
You havent a clue about it. Nobody does.
Do you realize that prior to modern medicine,even a few hundred years ago, 50 or more percent of all children died from diseases? So its your opinion that they all were being punished for their karma? Thats hard to believe.
I am a Non Dualist, that has studied Yoga with an Adept Enlightened Guru and I find most of this Karma to be Unbelievable

And having to be murdered to learn not to murder sounds more
like punishment. If God is everyone then why would God
punish himself? And why couldnt you just learn your lesson
from God without the punishment? And what is learning anyway.
That kind of learning has nothing to with Spirituality.
Even Jesus said spirituality is not a function of works

Perhaps those children we're, who can say. Who are you to say they wern't? As you stated no one knows...

Do you want a pat on the back or maybe a medal for what or who you studied with?

So tell me, why wouldn't it be a punishment for murder? If you believe "thou shall not kill" to be a commandment of God, should you not be punished for it?

Why would God murder himself or rape himself....I don't agree with the way you're looking at the subject...but whatever man.

And yes jesus did say its not a function of works, i have no idea what that has to do with anything... You make your own karma, and punished or rewarded so to speak....accordingly

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I didn't claim to have all the answers, this is just my belief.

Its logical perfect system.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

actually teach you anything?

Firstly, I don't believe karma is about punishment at all.

The karmic law is as impersonal as any of the physical laws of our universe. For instance, if you trip over and fall flat on your face, you don't consider it a personal punishment from gravity, and it is also unlikely that you would regard God's creation of the law of gravity as any kind of punishment.

Karma is simply the application of the law of action and reaction on the human level. If there are lessons to be learned from karma, they are for growth in awareness. Karmic consequences are not lessons inflicted by a malicious deity, they are the outcome of our own actions.

If a child places their hand on a hot stove, their hand will be burned. The lesson has been learned that it is better not to touch the hot stove. The stove has not caused the lesson, and neither has the parent who had previously warned the child not to touch the hot stove. The child's own action has presented the opportunity to learn a lesson.

As to your specific question about murder, I also don't believe it works that way. The soul who experienced death at the hands of another in a previous life, is given ample opportunity in the next life or lives to forgive that soul, but without actually knowing the past life interaction. In this life, the previously-murdered soul may feel a deep-seated anger or hatred towards that person, and may be unwilling to forgive them even minor transgressions. There may be a strong unconscious urge for justice which plants a seed for a situation at some point in a future life where they will be responsible for the death of that person. In such a case, the original victim has now created new karma which will need to play out some time in the future.

Now had the original victim forgiven the perpetrator for whatever trangressions they may have committed, then the karmic debt would have been annulled, though the perprator would still have faced their own death in a manner which would have served as a lesson to them.

If that sounds complicated, it's because it is very complex, and I only use this as an example. In actuality the karmas are far too intricate to deliniate in this fashion.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The whole thing focuses on the human minds ability to comprehend "death". If we did not really have the awareness to think about our death, then we would not feel relieved when a voice of authority dictates to us the idea that there is reincarnation.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Karma is the tool to purification of the eternal endless river which we are.

When we understand that ego is our own illusion we eventually find out that karma is too and we are left with only that is, the pure and eternal river of conscious love , that is US.

Nothing else matters...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

If we did not really have the awareness to think about our death, then we would not feel relieved when a voice of authority dictates to us the idea that there is reincarnation.

There is no relief at all in the awareness of karma and reincarnation. On the contrary, it is a heavy load on the mind to think that I may be born again in this world and face unknown results of previous actions.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I've heard that before we're incarnated we litterally design our own life as to what events will take place in said life, what experiences we'll have and so on... We write our life chart before we are born...

Not saying i believe this but who knows. That came from that physic lady thats always on montel williams....i forget her name.

She wrote a pretty good book about the paranormal and the after life and all subjects in between... A good read, and i don't really read books.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I've heard that before we're incarnated we litterally design our own life as to what events will take place in said life, what experiences we'll have and so on... We write our life chart before we are born...

Quite frankly, if the design of our life were up to us, we would make a complete botch of it.

We write our own script in the sense that our actions in this life lay the groundwork for future lives, but the actual design and blueprint is far too complex for the self, even the higher self. Our lives are very intricately interwoven with so many others, one would really need to design all their lives as well to mesh with our own. And then those other lives are entangled with other lives, and so on, and so forth. Well, you get the picture.
edit on 19-2-2011 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join