It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Is the New France: Entitlement Derangement Syndrome

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

The article makes a great point about there being a fundamental and negative cultural shift when individuals move from thinking they should keep the fruits of their own labor to believing they're entitled to the fruits of others' labor. Shutting down government for the sake of benefits you didn't pay for, and health insurance you didn't purchase, represents an entitlement mentality run amok.

Because when when the States rob Peter to pay Paul they always get Pauls help.

Problem is the state employees and welfare queens are Paul and tax payers like me are Peter.

www.patheos.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

obama, the greatest community organizer the world has ever seen, says this is union busting and look what he has help put together in Madison, Wisconsin. Even the Governor says Wisconsin is flat broke and so is our country for that matter. To make it real simple there is no more money especially when an average government employee gets $87,000 a year. The people have spoken at the polls in Wisconsin they can no longer afford to pay huge amounts of money for government workers total benefit packages and salaries.

14 Senate Democrats from Wisconsin tucked there tails between their legs and ran across the border to Rockford, Illinois to hide and shirk their duty to vote while 300,000 state and local government employees showed up for work in their state. Folks we are in for a long haul in this country make sure you have plenty of food stored away because if unions decide to slow down or shut down the transportation of food and fuel guess what. Can you say Chaos, long lines at the grocery store and I am sure hungry. Remember how people trample over people to get discounts on goods at stores on Black Friday that they actually pay for and what do you think these same people are going to do when the food supply dwindles. Wake Up America. ^Y^
edit on 18-2-2011 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

Problem is, there hasn't been a contract for years. The 2009-2011 contract was never agreed upon between Doyle and the unions.

Only once Walker won did Doyle make the contract top priority.

During Walker's candidacy, he stated that he would be achieving savings through cuts to union contracts.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So, tell me what is wrong with a contract between a government and the people.

We wanted universal healthcare, good schools, and a benefit safety net if we were out of work, or unable to work.

It works better than government by corporation - although we have some of that as well...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Contract. ALL of them, can be renegotiated during bankruptcy, which is exactly were many states are headed if they don't reign their spending in line with revenues.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
So, tell me what is wrong with a contract between a government and the people.

We wanted universal healthcare, good schools, and a benefit safety net if we were out of work, or unable to work.

It works better than government by corporation - although we have some of that as well...

Nothing wrong at all but when you are broke you are broke and there is no more money to pay for the benefits in a contract that essentially becomes worthless. Wisconsin can't print money like the Fed does they are out of money again the people of Wisconsin have spoken they can no longer afford to foot the bill. ^Y^

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Contract. ALL of them, can be renegotiated during bankruptcy, which is exactly were many states are headed if they don't reign their spending in line with revenues.

How many states that file bankruptcy will issue IOUs and tell government employees we can only pay you so much on the dollar. What services will be cut and what jobs will be cut in those bankrupt states? ^Y^

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari

How many states that file bankruptcy will issue IOUs and tell government employees we can only pay you so much on the dollar. What services will be cut and what jobs will be cut in those bankrupt states? ^Y^

See, that will never happen. In order to prevent such a calamity, "TPTB" will either depopulate the globe by energizing HARRP to activate the killer nano robots implanted in all the sheep who got their H1N1 vaccination.

The only hope will be the keyboard revolutionaries will scoop up some unicorn feces from their back yard and combine that with two parts extract of a Webster Tarpley's newsletter seeding storm clouds with the concoction which will produce a rain that dissolves the human facade of the reptilian PTB, leading to one gigantic global orgasm thereby solving our money problems.

Now, back here on planet reality ............

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stunspot

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
A deal is a deal.

THANK you! This isn't about "entitlements", at least not as usually understood. These people _are_ entitled to their union and their benefits because they were _promised_ them.

Heck, this whole thing is a scam anyhow. Gov. Walker is looking to cut $170 million to pay for the breaks and subsidies he promised to his big contributors. It's a BS emergency ginned up for political gain. It's a clear case of political theater with lasting negative repercussions for all of the fine people of Wisconsin (and having grown up in Northern Illinois, you cannot beLIEVE how it pains me to say that).
edit on 18-2-2011 by Stunspot because: typo

A budget deficit is a BS emergency for political gain?

Maybe Gov. Walker should just file bankruptcy for the state, which throws out any contracts with the unions, then lay them all off. There are many jobless and yet qualified people who will take those jobs without all the overblown benefits.

As far as I am concerned, the Gov is being nice. How many people have already lost their jobs because what ever company they were working for went under or relocated? Even with all this "unfairness" and being dealt to the unions, the union workers are still in a far better economical situation then people who have totally lost their jobs.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Honestly...

I CANNOT believe that people want the corporate puppetmasters to win this.

Might as well go back to tugging your forelock when a "gent" passed by.

You guys that want this to come about (the union bash) I hope you reap what you sow, because this is just making serfs of you, to be treated how they want.

shame on you that support this rubbish.
edit on 18/2/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So they aren't happy about 2 years added ...well, they keep adding years for qualifying for social security..I don't like that but I can't do a thing about it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Honestly...

I CANNOT believe that people want the corporate puppetmasters to win this.

Honestly...

Government unions and corporate puppet-masters are the same thing, vampire sucking the wealth from the public.

Just like corporation who get bailouts because of hard times, the unions are asking for their own form of bailouts while everyone else has to pony up.

Defending unions is falling into the same political democrat/republican crap trap. Unions, just like corporations, are using their political muscle to preserve themselves at taxpayer expense.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

I disagree. Now mind you, I dont think unions are perfect. But they are not on par with corporations in terms of harm to the average person. Unions genuinely do keep wages higher, benefits better, and workplaces safer. Yes they are as entities self serving, and yes, they are being used to make some people money they dont deserve. BUT, they do more for us than corporations do. Unions dont exist without members, they have to provide benefit to them, to they will simply jump ship.

Corporations have absolutely no need for any American. If they can replace you with a foreigner, for less money, they will. They will leave the country, outsource all the labor, and, when they have destroyed the American workforce, and we can no longer consume, they will just find new markets in the areas where they outsourced the jobs.

They have no reason to be loyal to America, or her people, and they arent. Clearly, they are not. Unions are made up of American citizens. They cant outsource their labor, and they cant actually relocate. They have to be loyal to some degree to America and the people in the union. And, people outside the union benefit as well, because union workers and their higher wages support their communities with their consumption.

America need to get really, really, self protective right now. We need to focus on making the workers healthy and wealthy, because a strong prosperous nation is built on workers who are strong and prosperous. It has always been that economies trickle up, and even if our corporate overlords abandon ship. If we lock the doors and keep as many imports out as possible, we can rebuild this nation.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
A budget deficit is a BS emergency for political gain?

No, THIS budget deficit is. "Hey, we've got a budget surplus. I know -- let's give a crap-load of money to all my friends and donors. Oh no! Now we've got a deficit! Guess we better bust the unions... Such a shame, but there just isn't enough to go around."

Yes, that's a BS situation.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Stunspot because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join