It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Station Charges Nearly $5 In Orlando

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Gas Station Charges Nearly $5 In Orlando

www.clickorlando.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- One local gas station has drivers outraged.

The Shell station along the busy Vineland Road shopping area is charging nearly $5 for a gallon of gas.

Some people were paying the price, but others said sticker shock kept them driving.

"I looked at the price and saw how expensive it was and pulled out," said Robert Ahern, from Miami.

Other gas stations in the area were much lower, charging $3.03 to $3.09 -- both below the state average of $3.12.

"I figured that the only reason they could get away with charging that much is if you're a tourist or foreigner and yo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Little shocking but 4.00 is coming in a few weeks anyway.

Here comes $4 gasoline
finance.fortune.cnn.com...

It almost feels like the PTB are trying to tab the last little bit of greed they can knowing the end of all this mess, is coming to an end very shortly!

This global meltdown is linked to all these galactic and Earth changes. Please, know that! There are no coincidences here folks.

We are IN it! We are in the beginning of very intense Earth and political changes! So stay positive but be very vigil and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, don't stop caring.

www.clickorlando.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I've been to that one, its right off 436 by the airport. It charges as much as it does because its the closest to the rental car returns and all the convention goers dont care how much it costs because they can just expense it,

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yeah, I travel a lot and you see that all the time. The stations closest to the rental car agencies always charge exorbitant prices.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That is ludicrous. I own a small convenience store and I feel guilty charging $1.50 more on a bottle of pop than I spend to purchase it for the store in the first place. Greedy money hungry people...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The petrol in the uk is rocketing by the week, in many Gas Stations it's $2.21 a litre thats around $8.35 a gallon and the government there is due to put it up more with extra tax soon!
edit on 18-2-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

you know as I read your post stating that tptb "knows", interestingly enough, the news just announced a fairly strong list of dems and rep that will NOT be running again. just what do these pigs know?? makes me wonder lately...

EDIT: also.... the government might be shutting down in march...
edit on 18-2-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Downtown where I live it's already at $3.98. It's $3.35 at the 3 stations near me.

I'm so close to just walking off with my tent and giving up.. if there is no luxury in life, WTF am I working for? All I do is pay bills.. bills.. bills.. and more bills.. all in the hope that, assuming I live long enough, I might one day when I'm a geriatric and don't care anymore, have no bills to pay. Of which it's highly unlikely I'll reach that point anyways.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I used to live right off of that street.

Disneyworld, man. Town is a tourist trap.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by studio500

You guys in the UK don't travel by car as much as Americans do.. I drive 70+ miles every day and spend 2+ hours in the car. Actually, thinking about that makes me even sadder.
To put that in perspective to you brits, 70 miles is 1/3 of the way across Great Britain
Or 2/3rds of the way from London to Bristol. All of our cities are just spread out across ridiculous amounts of space. I know a guy who lives 2 houses down and works 45 miles away, or 90 miles give or take every day.

new topics

top topics

join