It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Mile rise in ocean floor Tasman sea.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I did NOT say it's directly related to Greenland but thus far, there has been no explanation as to why they had daylight 2 days earlier.

Now, if Earth is bulging in certain places (opposed to being a global bulge) then PERHAPS, this would help to explain what happened up in Greenland.

I don't think it's that a big of a stretch Chad. Think about it.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Yeah, where has that quote come from, a search yields startling (not really) results!

And what does this have to do with Greenland, the Tasman sea, located between New Zealand and Australia is a long, long way from Greenland, located near the arctic ocean...

Antarctic actually...but still a long way from Greenland.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
I'm no expert, but if they pulled the sensor to the surface wouldn't this register as a drop in the sea floor and not a rise?

This diagram may help understand:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ccc06b433b1.jpg[/atsimg]

As the sensor, which sits on the ocean floor, is brought to the surface the instruments reading the measurements interpret it as the seafloor is rising.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

Hahaha. Glad to see you're back.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Ah, now it makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hey, someone told me the other day that the amount of water on earth never changes. If there were 500 billion buckets of water on Earth 5 billion years ago, there is that exact same amount of water on Earth now. Does anyone know if this is true? Is it possible to create water out of hydrogen and oxygen particles and make more water, or to seperate the particles and make less water?

As for the OP, it must be a glitch, but, time will tell. Human-Alien, Ive said it before, I dont know where you find all thiss stuff, but it sure is interesting and you are pretty quick to get it out there for us. Thankyou!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

As the sensor, which sits on the ocean floor, is brought to the surface the instruments reading the measurements interpret it as the seafloor is rising.

And this would explain why it wasn't made a big deal, so they went on lunch break. I'll bet being a scientist is a frustrating profession...they have all these people on the internet stealing their data and playing kick-ball with it. Lol it's really funny to watch on here, actually!

edit on 18-2-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Very cool. Still have no idea what that means but I appreciate the 'diagram' explanation though!

I got this from PoleShiftnig which I find to be very current on what's going on. Hey, it's better than FOX news!

link   
Correctomundo...the pressure drops as you go toward the surface...
The sensor is on the way up for replacement or malfunctioning.
This kind of geological movement would be definately felt by seismic instruments all over the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
hey just so everyone knows there was a 3.0 earthquake inside the volcano in Hawaii
/
and 2 seconds later.. one in Alaska on the same fault line

earthquake.usgs.gov...

like I said, huge pocket of magma.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

yeah I'm back........3100kg is a big effin anker. so nothing is blowing around.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

could be!! and you are right we have no proof they are working on anything

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Don,t ever trust technology cause it can screw up worse then people.
I have seen software I/o s change for no reason at all on elevators.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
please take time to read how the "measurement" is....well...measured. i did, and now it is showing a "depth" of 15 or so meters....malfunction?...or there might be some work done on it. who knows...but...we would have already been blasted with "end-of-world" TV cut-ends if the seafloor rose that much

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
I find it suspicious that there are so many people trying to say "this didn't happen" and "this is a malfunction". PROVE it's a malfunction. OTHERWISE I have proof the sea floor just rose 2 miles.

It's a pocket of magma people.

As I said before I live about 200 miles from the Tasman Sea

There was a huge storm went thru Southern Aus about 6 hours ago.. Probably wrote the buoy off....

MM

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
looking at the data log now and it doesnt show 15.xxx anymore (hummmm!!!) and is down to 1701.xxx

question where is this bouy and is it in the storm surge ,,how many storms are gonna pass through that area anyway.
and they wouldnt be servicing it durring storm

edit on 18-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage - Welcome back big guy.

Look forward to future discussions/debates. We haven't always agreed, but your posts are always informative and well written and you seem to have more resources than Google...

Sorry for the OT start here....we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

I agree that it seems to defy logic/sanity that there could be a 2 mile sea floor rise anywhere without major impact.

Must be an error or glitch of some sort...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
level is still at 15.894mtrs it was my bad saying it was back at 1701.xxx sorry about that...wish I could post from the page or give a link but I'm not a nerd,just a knuckle dragger

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Please flag this thread.... it should be somehing everybody should see
2line

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I found that same notice but nothing else, no further sources. perhaps the sea bottom monitor broke free and rose or was pulled toward the surface.

The anomalies on the Sun and now this, could there be a weather generated connection.
edit on 112828p://pm2847 by debris765nju because: punctuation

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join