It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Mile rise in ocean floor Tasman sea.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

What is it Chad, a glitch??
The figures are from their site and do show the rise..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

in only a few mins?? a RISE of ,,,,WOW

No. It looks like it took about an hour or so to pull the sensor to the surface.

edit on 2/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Now I'm no expert at all but surely common sense dictates that if the sea bed rose by 2 miles in anything less than a long period of time the obvious resultant water displacement would be bloody obvious and pretty devestating.
Or am I missing something?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Human_Alien

At approximately 0632 PST (ABOUT AN HOUR AGO) ocean buoy 55015 recorded a sudden ocean floor rise of over 2 miles (3324.8 meters) in the Tasman Sea.

I cannot find that quote in the site you attribute it to.

For someone who abhors science you sure put a lot of trust in the infallibility of its products. I wonder if maybe the sensor was retrieved for servicing. Nah.

The OP's quote is actually from this site:
poleshift.ning.com...

which is a blog post that merely has a link to the data below:

So it's anybody's guess I suppose. But I'll go for malfunction as well...

edit on 2/18/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: url

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This is way beyond my understanding and comprehension:

Structural significance of sea-floor features around New Zealand
The oceanic highs and deeps around New Zealand exhibit a marked linearity and fall into three groups whose features trend NW-SE, E-W and NNESSW. These groups are recognized as structural provinces — the Northwestern, Chatham and Kermadec Provinces respectively, with both age and geographic differences.
The New Zealand land mass occupies a position at the meeting of the three structural trends and the relief is taken to be a function of this conjunction of trends.
No signs of late structural activity along trends referable to the Northwestern and Chatham provinces have been observed in New Zealand, and the submarine relief could be of pre-Tertiary age.
Active movement on the Kermadec province trend has taken place up to Recent time and the submarine features of this region are considerably younger.

www.springerlink.com...

Seafloor spreading around Australia
simula.no...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"The data are recorded in pounds per square inch absolute (PSIA), but are displayed in meters of water after applying a constant 670.0 mm of water/PSIA conversion factor." : from the linked NOAA website. SEA WAVE PRESSURE not SEAFLOOR HEIGHT!!!

It's a wave height buoy, it's not monitoring the sea floor! As for the 15' beach, were you at...Lantana? If so that has been pretty much the norm between 'replenishing' for some years now.

edit on 18-2-2011 by nocents because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

reply to post by darrman

No. It looks like it took about an hour or so to pull the sensor to the surface.

#YY MM DD hh mm ss T HEIGHT
#yr mo dy hr mn s - m
2011 02 18 14 56 00 2 1674.492
2011 02 18 14 55 00 2 4174.495

Well that shows 2500 meters in one minute..
I say a glitch...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ocean buoy 55015, being a buoy wouldnt this be on the surface.

Maybe it sank giving the readings an illusion of the sea floor rising.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

The water pressure sensor is on the sea floor. The buoy floats on the surface to transmit the data from the sensor.

The sea floor did not rise but the sensor probably did. Hauled up for servicing.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I find it suspicious that there are so many people trying to say "this didn't happen" and "this is a malfunction". PROVE it's a malfunction. OTHERWISE I have proof the sea floor just rose 2 miles.

It's a pocket of magma people.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Now I'm no expert at all but surely common sense dictates that if the sea bed rose by 2 miles in anything less than a long period of time the obvious resultant water displacement would be bloody obvious and pretty devestating.
Or am I missing something?

Quick! Duck! It's a tsunami. Woops... no tsunami. Whew. That was close.

We'd all be under water right now if the sea bed actually rose two miles. Or somebody would be.
False alarm.
edit on 2/18/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ah i see now, wasnt aware they had another seperate sensor, i automatically assumed all readings would be taken from the buoy itself.

Thanks for that.
edit on 18/2/2011 by Catch_a_Fire because: typo

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

reply to post by darrman

I'm no expert, but if they pulled the sensor to the surface wouldn't this register as a drop in the sea floor and not a rise?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The life cycle of a deployed tsunami buoy is approximately 2 to 4 years. The Bureau's maintenance regime will involve the replacement of the surface buoy and the sea-floor pressure sensor every one to two years. The devices retrieved during regular maintenance are refurbished and made ready for the next redeployment.

www.bom.gov.au...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If the sea floor rose 2 miles, imagine the displacement of ocean.It would be absolutely catastrophic.
This information is incorrect.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

its up to 15.849 at last reading something is going on though cant be disasterous cause its the only one, and yes the Zeta's are chatting about it, Their savior has come, to read what they are saying

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

this is disinformation. The ocean doesn't displace water like that. Sharp rises in the ocean floor would not automatically trigger a sharp rise in the ocean. That isn't proven nor is it science fact.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I'm no expert, but if they pulled the sensor to the surface wouldn't this register as a drop in the sea floor and not a rise?

If you look at the figures I posted on the first page you will see it is a drop..
from 4000+ meters down to 15 meters or so,,

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Im assuming (yet again) that the buoy sends a signal to the sensor to measure depth etc, so if the sensor rises then the measurements would decrease giving the impression of the sea floor rising.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Exactly.
Proof would be a bloody great tsunami which I think someone just might have noticed.
Surely basic and elementary science would dictate this.
Water displacement.
Cause and Effect.
The fact there is no tsunami is proof the sea bed HAS NOT rise 2 miles and as such it is fair to assume there is a technical fault.

Now I haven't got a scooby what the fault is, I'm sure the more technically informed will work it out pretty quickly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join