It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Vote activists protest outside Boehner's house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

DC Vote activists protest outside Boehner's house

voices.washingtonpost.com

Seeking to make a point about what they see as congressional Republican meddling in District affairs, local activists staged a protest Thursday outside Speaker John Boehner's house. Yes, that's "house" with a lowercase "h."

Members of the group DC Vote have gone to the Ohio Republican's office before to complain about GOP bills. But with the House now considering a spending bill that would cut roughly $80 million in federal payments to the District and prohibit the city from using its own money for abortions or needle-exchange programs, the activist group decided to raise the stakes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Eesh...Looks like things are beginning to heat up across the nation folks...

First Wisconsin, then Ohio, now DC...

Coming straight to the speaker's house though?

What do you guys think about this? A necessity, due to voters becoming virtually voiceless to Big Brother?

Or an over the top, publicity stunt, likely to go nowhere and get folks in more trouble and end badly?

Thoughts on these developments?

voices.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
First off, they're activists, which suggest they're idiots to begin with. But Cutting spending, is the first step to recovery. There will be some tough choices to make, to cut spending, and reduce the deficit. If it means cutting back in all states funding, Im all for it....hell we should start with the Unconstitutional social programs that are nothing more than a burden on the tax payer anyhow~

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have been biting my toungue on this for a while, but I guess I can say it. Yes, it is a very wise and important step to cut ALL non vital spending. That includes recalling our troops from everywhere in the world and reducing military spending to strictly defensive levels and nixing Medicaid/Medicare. This is the way that we as a country can regroup and fix ourselves.

I have friends in the military (and a son) and I have friends who are dependant on Medicare/Medicaide to stay alive. I don't make the comments above lightly. And here is the biggest thing.. a dramatic austerity measure such as that will cause mass protests across the country. We are all standing on a layer of garbage and waste and most of the country is sinking into it. We can no longer climb higher, so we have to fall.

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up again" The Dark Knight

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
First off, they're activists, which suggest they're idiots to begin with.

spoken like a true idiot.
why are folks labeled idiots
when they stand up for what
they believe in ???

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

A book called the " The Revolution A manifesto" by Ron Paul, adequately depicts exactly what your discussing. Roughly around page 93. ( yes i've read the book) Believe it or not, within the book, Mr. Paul explains everything our government is doing, including healthcare. What we should be doing, as opposed to what we ARE doing. He uses many references, including actions of the the past, ( example; physicians deciding whats best for you as a patient rather than some HMO). Good Read, and really informative.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm all for protests at all these peoples houses... their not listening to us otherwise are they?
Maybe they'll start to feel a little less invincible and start doing the right thing.
edit on 18-2-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Is that the only constructive response you could conjure up? Taking my comments out of context rather accept it for what it was ( sarcasm). Your immediate response would only further suggest trolling efforts, rather than a contributing factor to this thread...run along child...run along~

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
When Republicans are proposing to cut domestic spending BEFORE proposing to cut military spending or foreign aid...I don't see that as them doing what is needed.

I see that as them doing what they have always done, and just using this "debt crisis" as a justification for it. It's class warfare...and their target is the middle to lower class.

top topics

join