It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Shuts Down Space Telescope!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nope. Nothing here. Everything is perfectly normal. All these events? Mere coincidences.
This planet Tyche aka Nibiru?...is NO big deal and our planet and Sun are JUST fine.

Now everyone, let's go shopping and forget all of this nonsense!

NASA Shuts Down Prolific Sky-Mapping Space Telescope
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is frightening. This is the average man's only way to see space. What is NASA hiding from us? How much is true? How much is unknown? Maybe we don't know a dang thang, maybe our wildest conspiracy theories can't compare.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

seriously dude? did you even read the article? WISE's mission was only for around a year. it completed it's mission (pardon the pun) in stellar fashion. funnily enough, it didn't capture any photos of nibiru that anyone seems to have found. but it's gotta be something sneaky if it doesn't confirm your own opinion right?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Human your exactly right, nothing to see here-out of the scientific norm. So i will move along

Don't you feel like a child and Nasa being your parent per se: The truth is getting out faster than previously planned so clunk- off goes the lights and off to bed with you-me toddler

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

furthermore, what does our sun have to do with WISE? we already have satellites constantly observing the sun. the connections some people make here are just unreal

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

seriously dude? did you even read the article? WISE's mission was only for around a year. it completed it's mission (pardon the pun) in stellar fashion. funnily enough, it didn't capture any photos of nibiru that anyone seems to have found. but it's gotta be something sneaky if it doesn't confirm your own opinion right?

Sure I did. I am also very familiar with NASA's lies and cover-ups (aka: conveniences) .

Thanks

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It demands a lot from the craft to search so far out into space, things get heated up, like computers etc, but on a stronger scale.

In late September 2010, WISE ran out of the coolant needed to chill its infrared detectors.

That's all that happened, not everything has to be a conspiracy.

edit on 18-2-2011 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

how is it a lie or a coverup that WISE fulfilled it's mission in the time alotted and for now is being put in hibernation untill they find something else to use it for? please explain this.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Have you been watching the NEWS, it seems that maybe the conspiracy theorists were right all along. Look up Tyche, but I guess youre so damn smart you already knew

edit on 2/18/2011 by jasonkrice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

furthermore, what does our sun have to do with WISE? we already have satellites constantly observing the sun. the connections some people make here are just unreal

Not to do with our star rather, what this huge dwarf star might be tugging and bringing along with 'er!

Are you NOT reading the news lately?

We have satellites?

Yeah, on paper! Do you personally have a direct network connection with them? Or, do you even know what half of them are for? Yeah, thought not!

Complacency at it's finest!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

you said the sun, you mentioned nothing of the nemesis postulate.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonkrice

so we may, or may not, have another largish(larger than pluto) planet in our solarsystem on the very fringes. oo0o0o0oo0o0o0o0oo. big deal. don't really see what that has to do with WISE, it's mission had nothing to do with our solar system. it was about mapping the rest of the cosmos.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
All of the news articles I could find (not many), all state that it was a matter of lack of funding. They're couldn't get approval for an additional 6.5 million. NASA is being hit with major funding cuts, so it's really not that surprising.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
yeah course it ran out of coolant.
They spent 320 mill to make a space telescope to look into the farthest reaches of the known universe and overlooked the whole running out of coolant thing....

No, they switched it off so that we cant see whats coming.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yea, I guess you are right! Because our Solar System does not exist in the Cosmos

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WhateverHappens

that's also very true WH, funding is drying up like the sahara in nasaland lately. sad really.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

how is it a lie or a coverup that WISE fulfilled it's mission in the time alotted and for now is being put in hibernation untill they find something else to use it for? please explain this.

After WISE's coolant ran out, mission scientists came up with an alternative plan – the NEOWISE mission – to seek out near-Earth asteroids. That mission extension cost substantially less, about $400,000, NASA officials have said

I would think looking for near earth asteroids would be worth continuing..
Especially seeing it already identified 120 in it's short time up there..

Seems odd to me that they waste the opportunity to continue..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonkrice

what an inane response. you know perfectly well that's not what i meant. i quite clearly was talking about the rest of the cosmos bar our solar system. your attempt to demean my intelligence was quite childish.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

it's not considered a vital mission. to us it is. hell to me it is. but not to the appropriations committee. lets not all forget that it's the government that funds nasa, and right now they're tightening the purse strings on what they dole out to them.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Well I am not a genius like yourself but I would guess since Tyche??? is on the outer bounds of our Solar System this Sat. would make it easier to find or am I wrong?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join