It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titor - Warning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
My humble apologies if this idea has already been proposed. Albeit I am very open-minded, I do not believe the ideas suggested by John Titor. However, my own perspective on the matter is: Did John Titor go through all the trouble to serve as a warning to humanity, a race on the brink of collapse?

Many dismiss Titor's theories as a hoax. Although that may be the case, several of you have also noted that these "predictions" can be forseen through heavy analysis. Now, has anyone ever considered that Titor conducted such research and analysis in the hopes of preventing a disasterous event which will surely cause the demise of the human race (for instance, WW3)?

As unreal as Titor's story may seem, let us not forget the bottom line: we must take pre-cautions before an apocolyptic event is imposed upon our fragile race.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I just recently found out about John Titor, but I have read all of his transcripts from his conversations with people over the internet. I have read the skeptics views, as well as the believers.

One thing is for sure...whether it is a hoax or not the message seems to be the most important thing to hear. Having read through every message he wrote, weather he was insane or not aside, his message generally seems to be a good one in the sense that whoever wrote it has good intentions. What I mean by this is that his message such as not eating so much processed foods, getting good exercise, being kind to your fellow man/woman, and trying to look at people as not being evil/good but rather in a "confront your maker" situation, is generally well meaning.

I think his message is what we should be looking at, not trying to prove weather he is lying or not, since there simply isn't enough information to prove this either.

I for one commend the person that is "John Titor" for the simple fact that his message is one of peace! Whether John Titor actually exists or not is irrelevant I believe, as all that matters is the MESSAGE.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by Jazzerman]

[edit on 16-7-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
agreed 100% Jazzerman! here here

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Did you know Titor's fillout for a time machine is a paper for a 1989 chevy? And the "time machine." Look closely at the top of it (not very sure it was a 1989 chevy).

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Did you know Titor's fillout for a time machine is a paper for a 1989 chevy? And the "time machine." Look closely at the top of it (not very sure it was a 1989 chevy).

did you know that JT was using a (chevy) corvette? now im pretty sure if it was a 1989, and that would pretty much explain papers for it... its like somebody above me said there isnt REALLY enough information to know conclusively either way... but keep on lookin.... knock yourself out

vir fidelis
aerO

[edit on 17-7-2004 by Aero]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

I take it you did not bother to read my entire post. I wasn't intending to state whether or not John Titor was a hoax. What I meant was Titor probably went through with creating such a hoax in the hopes that he would be able to steer humanity away from the road it's currently on...the road to doom.

[edit on 18-7-2004 by Blackout]

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
To be honest I just can't come to a conclusion of wether JT is real or hoax, but I totally agree with you, the message is very interesting, but I think JT will be proven to be a Hoax or Real, after 2005 is done, if there is no civil war by then or signs of it, it's definately a hoax and if there really is a civil war by then, well i guess we'll have to move out of the cities into the country.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
personally, other than the message of communities coming together, being more family oriented, eating better,.... the thing that impressed me the most about his forums is he didnt seem to care one way or the other weather or not people beleived him, he repeated that several times. I think that if I were a time traveller I would do exactly what he did out of pure curiosity to see what people of this time were like, what they were the most interested in,things they felt were important (like the football game results) vs things they thought were dismissable (like the makings of a time machine). I dont think he was here to save us , or to hinder us (if he was really what he said he was). He was just playing a game of give and take.

new topics

top topics

join