It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Arab protests orchestrated?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

If so, by who?

Who benefits?

Are they orchestrated by underground movements within arab countries?

Are they orchestrated by the West (America/Israel)?

Are they orchestrated by Islam?

Are they orchestrated by radical Islam?

And if they are orchestrated, are we dealing with a benign conspiracy or something darker?

I dont know the answers to these questions so Im just throwing it out there.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Uprisings breed chaos. Chaos leads to conflict. Conflicts benefit mercenary groups and the defense industry.

My guess. Monsanto directed Xe to get things moving out there to help their bottom line. There was plenty of ammunition for dissent.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You can't put all Arab protests in one basket . I can tell about Egypt that probably is NOT orchestrated by some foreign powers .Egyptian people from my sources (my friends who worked there for many years) were second class people in their own country ..they were degraded so much ...and they are living with less 2 $ a day. My friends who were some common workers haved better status in Egypt .

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have already addressed this question
on multiple other threads. I won't repeat it
here. But if you have an interest:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and another note: Soros wants to merge
Islam with Christianity. One religion:

even though Soros is Atheist.

edit on 2/18/2011 by boondock-saint because: added url

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I have already addressed this question
on multiple other threads. I won't repeat it
here. But if you have an interest:

Interesting indeed. I like it as a working theory.. specially given Soros is in with Monsanto..bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com...

Hmm. maybe this guy is the actual mouthpiece of the power broker game? **pondering**
edit on 2-18-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Interesting indeed. I like it as a working theory.. specially given Soros is in with Monsanto..bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com...

Hmm. maybe this guy is the actual mouthpiece of the power broker game? **pondering**

Soros' 2nd biggest investment is Monsanto
and his first is Pfizer Pharma.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Soros' 2nd biggest investment is Monsanto
and his first is Pfizer Pharma.

Big Phama, Big Agra (GMO), and via Monsanto, the most well known mercenary group in the world. Sounds like a real angel.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Big Phama, Big Agra (GMO), and via Monsanto, the most well known mercenary group in the world. Sounds like a real angel.

u don't know the half of it.

Muslim Brotherhood is sponsored by CAIR.
CAIR is funded through Soros' Tides Foundation
and NED (CIA). This is why the DNI (Director of National
Intelligence will not acknowledge Muslim Brotherhood
as a terrorist entity, cuz they are funded by Grants
from Soros and CIA and trained by the CIA.
Calling Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist entity
would be the same as calling the CIA a terrorist
entity.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The people are waking up worldwide, we have more knowledge about how things work and our current system is flawed beyond repair.

It's one thing to think your government does bad things it's quite a bit different Knowing its doing bad things.

Our current system of capitalism even though there are many who will defend it to the death, is a class based system were the average worker is nothing more than a slave.

Our current religious systems are nothing more than money making control mechanisms designed to indoctrinate you into believing in our current governmental and economic system.

Oh well system of the down says it best!!!

We Work For The System!!!!

Everybody is opening our eyes, our global economy is robbing us of our lives and natural resources....And We are Not Happy!!!!!!
Edit to add= I started a thread called riot coming 2011!!!! and So much is happening that I don't have time to update it, there is civilian unrest in Europe, Africa, and its spreading to North America, and I feel it will not stop.

This is not a Islamic revolution, its "the peoples" revolution.

edit on 18-2-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by LDragonFire because: added a thought

edit on 18-2-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think the protests are most definitely orchestrated, for the sole reason that the very powerful PTB, in the west, cannot complete their vision for a condensed governance over a large area of the planet without toppling those small figures. They do not want problems caused in this crucial phase of transition, the leaders that potentially could cause problems or refuse to sign future currency changes that would no doubt be the stepping stone into a new global governance, they would be the ones that would need removal.

I very much doubt you would see changes to...say, Saudi Arabia, because they are already tangoing with the PTB. It's the smaller but at the same time important countries that need to be dealt with accordingly. So you go in, find some sensitive strings, and pull them, since you can't roll in with the military when there are a lot of countries involved.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the interesting replies so far. They help me and readers to form an informed opinion by comparing the theories and data. I`ll withhold comment on them until I learn more from your links and the posts yet to come.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Orchestrated as in manipulated by a few for personal gain? Nope.

For years, social developement is little in Arab states. As awareness grows, the arabs realized how little they had benefitted from the improved lives of many other ethnic groups.

For decades, they had been manipulated to hate, to fight, to kill and to die. There had been no end to it. This is not the life humans seek. Nothing had been won. The tragedy continues daily. They had enough. They want progress. They want what we all want - our common human aspirations in life.

Today, they are sick and tired of it all. They want to be a soveriegn nation, freedom to live in peace and pursue their own interest as a nation and not be pawn to others fight. They want equality. They want shared prosperity instead of corruption. They want social justice.

And it will not be limited to Arabs. It is a human thing. And it will happen worldwide. There is no enough bullets by TPTB to kill an idealism that is seek by the many not only for themselves, but their next generations as well.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ahh my friend, I smell the fruition of a CIA plan to destabilise the middle east.

Who benefits? Well oil should go through the roof in the coming weeks.

But that's short term, deposing the current regimes means a chance for massively pro-US (code for bought and paid for by the CIA) governments to be installed. It's all about the oil baby.

Cynical I know. However I'm sure I saw a BBC or CNN piece on US meddling in Arabian politics.

I'll try and find it.

However I'm sure this is ALL the work of the CIA.

Then again I would wouldn't I?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I don't agree with you often skyfloating, but i was wondering the same-thing, thinking there has been some kind of outside influence, most definitely to do with the Internet and the west and the media

. i think it has been triggered without them knowing by someone else. with forums, news sites, pretty much everyone encouraging them, making it a popular cause and a huge deal when in reality it is less people that have just started a protest. to make everyone believe a revolution is going on.

who gains from this?

Libya: some believe a big exporter of terrorism, supplied IRA with semtex, lockerbie bomber. "about 700 tons of Semtex were exported to Libya between 1975 and 1981 "

Egypt: Secret smuggling tunnels, smuggling everything from people, to guns, weapons and explosives into Gaza strip

Yemen: also possibly a breeding ground for terrorism, attempted printer bombings.

get rid of the leaders and implant your own puppet, typical, and not the first time it has been done.this could all fall under the "war on terrorism"

edit on 18-2-2011 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Has the Internet, Facebook, Google, Youtube, Twitter & all re-shaped the minds of the younger arab Generation?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Has the Internet, Facebook, Google, Youtube, Twitter & all re-shaped the minds of the younger arab Generation?

I think that has played a key role.

You often see ( eg Iran & Thailand) that the first thing any dictatorship does is shut down social networking sites used to rally and organise revolts.

Plus the internet has fuelled pro-democracy movements like never before, oppressed societies can see what they're missing (grass always greener IMO actually!) especially among students and younger people which is where momentum for these type of uprisings usually stems.

That would make a great topic for a thesis!!

All the best Sky!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I think the whole world is beeing "orchestrated"...
and the arabs...
bush has VERY GOOD FRIENDS in arab emirates , remember?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
.Egyptian people from my sources (my friends who worked there for many years) were second class people in their own country ..they were degraded so much ...and they are living with less 2 $ a day. My friends who were some common workers haved better status in Egypt .

I tend to agree with this. Ive been to Egypt a few times and was always shocked at the level of poverty there which is lower than many other non-oil arab states.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Well lets see so far the prevailing winds here at ATS has the Iranian election revolt as the result of a CIA/Mosaad/MI5 plot. Not to mention Bahrain/Tunisia etc etc etc The Egyptian uprising as part of a push against the a US puppet....

But when it comes to Libya's recent massacre who cares?
Death Toll In Libya Protest 'Hits 84': Report
pffft

edit on 19-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

edit on 19-2-2011 by jam321 because: wrong post

I feel the internet has influenced the protests. I feel many other countries want to imitate the Egyptian's people success because they are fed up with their government.

As for being orchestrated, that still remains to be seen.
edit on 19-2-2011 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join