It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Britney Spears Song, Jumping On The Bandwagon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So Britney's new song seems very 'In with what's cool now-a-days', the middle 8 breaks down into a dubstep song which isn't what you'd expect from Britney. Is she just copying what Madonna did? The video doesn't make sense either (do any of hers?!) Check the video here..
edit on 18-2-2011 by phixion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
tl;dr

~

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
i heard rumours from some mates that shes done work with rusko for her new album hehe

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by phixion

wow thats sad she made a song out of an old pickup line.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dockers

Yeah I heard that Rusko produced this track!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
WHAT are you serious?????????? Please point out where Madonna uses a Dubstep in one of her UNremixed, original take songs.

Also the video makes perfect sense. It about her life/career to a T. Theres the old Britney, Married Britney, Crazy Britney, New Britney, the fighting with ones self, public life, private life, self destruction, etc, etc, etc....

Please do a simple google search about the Hold It Against Me video concept which does make 100% sense according to every single media outlet that reviewed the video.

*rolls eyes*

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yup thats Rusko alright, in my opinion the best Britney has done so far and the worst Rusko has done, nevermind Rusko you sold out a while ago anyway....

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorstCaseScenario
Yup thats Rusko alright, in my opinion the best Britney has done so far and the worst Rusko has done, nevermind Rusko you sold out a while ago anyway....

You think so? How comes? Moving the cali and taking over the USA dubstep scene? I reckon that's more like doing well that selling out! Or are they the same things now a days?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
has anyone ever heard of "techno"?
i'm really not one to ever seriously consider genres valid, but even in the realm of genres, this one has been around for awhile.
except in the 60s thru the 90s, most electronic artists still had to WORK and be real musicians when it came to composition and dialing in the right timbre (quality of musical tone) into the synthesizers and analog sequencers.
if you really feel that you can relate to britney spears and whoever that fool is behind the laptop in this song, please go research projects like Squarepusher and Krafwerk... Silver Apples.
Frank Zappa even did some electronic music that sounds like it could be playing at the Low End Theory in LA any given night... but Zappa did it 30 years ago and... most of it was joke to him (basement music #1 is great)

all that people mean when they hear dubstep is some source of sound being processed and manipulated by computer algorithms to great rhythms with EFFECTS rather than notes or rhythmic hits..
once the computer has been programmed, it's like Deadmau5 only has to play his song once and when he plays live? maybe he'll twist a nob here... press a button there...
but watch a youTube video and tell me you even hear much of anything actually happening when they twiddle their nobs...
maybe its paranoia, but i suspect that these cats want to get rich and famous, and have been given the formula to do it. The secret chiefs have known that this was coming for decades, and now MTV seems to be "ahead of the curb again" because britney spears uses a technique that's being SOLD as an "underground movement"
but that's nonsense.
it's sabotage and marketing at its worst

-

top topics

join