It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very curious...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the advice. I will put it to the test this weekend

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Different techniques work for different people...so don't get locked into the idea that anything is "supposed" to work.

Try different ones, and find one that works for you. Personally, I use the bathtub, because I don't have to worry about anybody bothering me there....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Imagine the light of the world coming from the ground, through your chakras and up to the infinite...

I've found that sitting on the physical earth itself (not tile or carpeting--the dirt or the grass outside) greatly enhances my experiences. I think it's called "grounding" in some circles.

The closer I am to the natural world, the easier it is to tune into it. I can even tell the difference between meditating in a 1st floor room as opposed to the 2nd floor. Be close to Mother Earth.

And besides, it's just good for you to be outside--to feel the sun and the breeze. It's those negative ions.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

A keynote to remember is that Meditation is a discipline. You may or may not have a difficult start and learning process, as with any discipline. This is why I would not suggest going into further meditative channels until you can relax your body, feel the life force energy flow through yourself, and quiet your mind.

For me, my first attempts at meditation, I would always reach an ultimate comfort zone and fall asleep. Did I meditate as I wanted? No, but a positive benefit is that I was truly relaxed and had wonderful sleep.

Once I got past the stage of relaxing my body while staying awake and conscious, I had trouble clearing my mind. It took me several months and different techniques to finally achieve.

There is more and more beyond this level, but it can not be gained until you master your body (relax/energy), and master your mind (thoughts).

Only my humble advice, as there are thousands of methods. May Peace and Understanding come your way

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

reply to post by Sahabi

reply to post by NthOther

Negative ions sounds like a great enhancement to meditation. I will try many spots to see which is suites my inner most being. Mind and body must be at ULTIMATE relaxation got it...Thanks all
edit on 18-2-2011 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You might find the following document helpful:

Pavitra's Notebook

A pure jewel, if you ask me. Good luck.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join