It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm very curious...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Some people on this topic start off posts with "I was in a deep meditation the other day...". My question to you is how do you obtain this state of "deep meditation"? What must you do to get there? I would like to give it a try. Is it simply laying down in a quiet area, taking deep breathes while closing your eyes? PLEASE EXPLAIN

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Theres lots of ways to meditate, it really depends on what your goal is...

www.learningmeditation.com...

Chakra meditation is my preference...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
bleh...

that probably wasn't the best site to post for information on the subject...

Just google chakra meditation, you'll find loads of information on it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artorius
Some people on this topic start off posts with "I was in a deep meditation the other day...". My question to you is how do you obtain this state of "deep meditation"? What must you do to get there? I would like to give it a try. Is it simply laying down in a quiet area, taking deep breathes while closing your eyes? PLEASE EXPLAIN

I use to be able to do it in water, I use to just look to no specific region, clear my mind of any thoughts and focus on the sound of the water falling in the bathtub. It took me to a place where I felt like in another stage.
It does not seem to work anymore, I'm getting very little results.
I think it just comes on it's own and if it does not work for you it will not work.
This did it for me, no thoughts, opened eyes but not focusing anywhere, listening to the water fall, it did get me very deep, I think it also depends on your energy within you if you have any or if you lack it, drained off.
No energy no deep stage, you have to have energy to get there.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
bleh...

Yea but idk if any of that works...thats why i'm reaching out to my fellow ATS members
I trust them more

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think actually listening to something while meditating is the wrong approach...

You will find that many people use different sounds and even various music for meditation, though i've found that its just a distraction from what you're trying to accomplish.

It seems to me that the idea of meditation is silence. Something thats strongly lacking in this world.

Find yourself a mantra that works for you, some use Oum... or what have you..

I prefer the Ham saaaa method....it emulates your breathing which helps you to focus.

Inhale while quietly saying Haaaaaaaaaam....

Exhale while quietly sayng Saaaaaaa......

This has helped me achieve deep states of meditation, but use what works for you...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

thanks for your help I was doing it in the shower the other day but my breath started to stop. I also had the water on very hot that might have been the cause...thanks for the advice

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
bleh...

Yea but idk if any of that works...thats why i'm reaching out to my fellow ATS members
I trust them more

Alright, then i do suggest using the method i've discribed while focusing on your breathing or your chakras
edit on 18-2-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Just saying that kinda relaxes me Hummm Saaaa lol Its Buggin me out!! definitely going to try it when i get home!! thanks alot man!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

About Focusing on my chakaras...if you dont mind, can you give me a little explanation?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

I know, i thought it was rediculous when i learned about it as well....but i've tried many different methods and this was what worked for me...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

About Focusing on my chakaras...if you dont mind, can you give me a little explanation?

Chakras are the energy points in your body. Theres litterally hundreds of them but theres also 7 main areas which are usually the ones you want to keep open or vibrating strongly.

Heres a visual of what you'd be trying to focus on....

Believe me focusing on a specific area of you body isn't an easy thing to do, but with practice it gets easier

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Any technique that helps you relax the mind and body. It can be something you make up on your own that works, or one of the various techniques taught by others (there are an uncountable variations and methods!).
Great benefits can be gained from meditation.

For starters, go to a quiet, calm area free of external disturbances. Sit or lay in a comfortable position. Close your eyes, take slow, steady breaths. Tell yourself, and imagine your body relaxing. Healing energy flowing through you. And this is a milestone for some, but try to empty your mind. Clear your mind of all thought. Go to a place in your mind where even your thoughts can not reach.

This [truly clearing one's mind] is very difficult for many, but you will not be able to travel further into deep meditation until you can clear your mind of thought. That is the first major step, and there are many that will follow. But for now, clear your mind.

May Peace be upon you

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
By focusing on these areas while meditation you will raise your own vibrations and thus with practice become more "in tune" with the world around you.

You can actually feel these vibrations as you concentrate on these areas though this does take time, but even in your first attempt you should still be able to feel subtle vibrations.

Start with your root, and slowly work your way up to the crown....no need to spend all day on each of them, 3-5 mins per area is fine, but as you progress in your practice you'll spend more time on each.

Imagine the light of the world coming from the ground, through your chakras and up to the infinite...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Any technique that helps you relax the mind and body. It can be something you make up on your own that works, or one of the various techniques taught by others (there are an uncountable variations and methods!).
Great benefits can be gained from meditation.

For starters, go to a quiet, calm area free of external disturbances. Sit or lay in a comfortable position. Close your eyes, take slow, steady breaths. Tell yourself, and imagine your body relaxing. Healing energy flowing through you. And this is a milestone for some, but try to empty your mind. Clear your mind of all thought. Go to a place in your mind where even your thoughts can not reach.

This [truly clearing one's mind] is very difficult for many, but you will not be able to travel further into deep meditation until you can clear your mind of thought. That is the first major step, and there are many that will follow. But for now, clear your mind.

May Peace be upon you

Clearing your mind is one of the hardest things for most people to do. In this day and age its sometimes impossible...

this is why i suggest using mantras, they will help you clear your mind of thought and focus on your breathing

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

thanks much, I will make an attempt to mediate with the methods you described this weekend or later tonight. They seem like a good start as I am new to this. Akragon, How do i visualize these chakaras?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Another question for you akragon...I am a Christian. Am I dabbling with something I should not? Is this against Christianity in any way? Is there anyway I could mesh my faith with meditation? example: maybe meditating on God some how? connecting with him?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Sahabi

thanks much, I will make an attempt to mediate with the methods you described this weekend or later tonight. They seem like a good start as I am new to this. Akragon, How do i visualize these chakaras?

You don't have to visualize them, just focus on the areas...feel the vibrations in those areas. Its a very real thing.

Close your eyes and get comfey, start with the root chakra....just think about the area and nothing else, you'll notice a subtle tingling as you concentrate on your root. From there concentrate on that tingling....once you're ready move your focus up to the next chakra. Try to imagine this vibration as a light thats slowly filling your body.

It can be quite the incredible experience

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Another question for you akragon...I am a Christian. Am I dabbling with something I should not? Is this against Christianity in any way? Is there anyway I could mesh my faith with meditation? example: maybe meditating on God some how? connecting with him?

I have some news for you my friend...

Jesus taught meditation...

You can still find some examples in the bible but they're hard to find. I know theres one specific example where it tells us "he regularly sat under a specific tree for long periods of time"

There was a time i could easily find you the quote in the bible but i haven't studied it for a good while...

Anyways, God is in all of us, by meditating you are doing exactly what he wants of you...Listening and strengthening your connection with him. He wants a personal relationship with all of us...

Likely why examples of meditation were taken out of the bible...
edit on 18-2-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

This is true. Ok ill give it a shot and post my results here. Hopefully they'll be profound enough to start a new thread

edit on 18-2-2011 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join