It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Day made of Glass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Seeing as I was born in the late 50's this video below is really quite amazing to me. Just watching the world evolve to this point that we are at now has been pretty incredible, but to see where we can or will be going is just mind boggling really.I wonder though, will kids still play cowboys and indians when we reach this point of the future?

Will everything be Too Simple for us? I can't help wonder what we may lose on this travel into the future...

Anyhow, very cool video of what we might be able to expect!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Very cool...

Although, the more we try to make our lives "easier", the more complicated everything seems to get.
Why is that?

I tell you, I just spent a week on a cruise ship where I didn't have to worry about crap, and THAT was simple...and I liked it.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Sorry i'm just to cynical i guess.
I look at all of those techie gadgets and think "how will these items help humanity with it's real problems"?
I'm just not impressed with technology that doesn't help everyone.
Now if this tech was available to everyone, not just the ones who could afford it....
I just see other avenues of research that would benefit humanity.
Just too cynical i am.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is literally just the tip of the iceberg.

Btw, we are currently around 30% capable of what is presented in the video

As for being worried about technology forcing us to leave the simple life behind...don't worry, the name of the game is to make technology interact seamlessly with your life. If you want to use it you can, if you do not want it there...you can do that too. Everything is being designed to be user friendly and to allow the maximum amount of user configuration. Of course, that is from the hardware point of view, which Corning is presenting, OS will be a whole different ball game.

As for being concerned about wasted research money, please understand that this is being developed on 100% private funding. Corning spends emense amount of money on glass R&D...why? Because they are a glass supplier. This is just there view of what their upcoming products CAN do, not what they MUST be used for. Also, this will open a whole new avenue for the medical sciences...imagine full, real time, full body (interior and exterior) body scans...a doctor would be able to screen you, with 100% certainty, for something like cancer, locate it and diagnose it...all in 10-15 minutes. This technology is being developed for use by everybody.

Looks exciting...I need to call my sales rep.

top topics

join